TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
DAF54

How do I download Amazon purchases?

I have previously purchased videos on Amazon. How do I get my Roamio to download them? The best I could do was search for the videos on the UI, but it wants me to purchase it again. I don't really want to pay twice for something I've already bought. I can't find anything on the menu to "download" my Amazon videos. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
DAF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
bostlaw

Go to "Your Video Library" on amazon.com ...You'll be able to download any available videos to your linked TiVos from there....
Roamio Pro
Premiere w/1.5 tb drive
TiVo HD w/750 gb drive
3 Minis
2 Series 2...
bostlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
DAF54

Thank you. I'll give that a try.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
DAF54

Angry

Well, according to Amazon site, it says it should automatically start downloading within 15 minutes. I've linked the TiVo to my account and TiVo shows up on Amazon page. Still no download on the TiVo. I can't find any "download" button on Amazon site.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You need to go to your Amazon video library and then to your purchased shows, there would be pulldowns to select to send to a tivo or watch on PC.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
moyekj

When you click on a title you own in Your Video Library @ amazon.com there should be a "Download licenses" link which if you click on it will show you devices to which you can download to, including any TiVos. Choose your TiVo and then click on "Download" button to start the download. Sometimes takes several minutes for the download to actually start on the TiVo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Be aware that for what ever reason, it will take HOURS if you purchase or rent Amazon movies from the TiVo, it takes a fraction of time if you log into your Amazon account and transfer it using the logged in Web interface.

Be sure to check the time restrictions before you transfer rented content, with some content the timer starts when the download to the Tivo begins and if you don't already know, movie purchases are usually limited to 1 or 2 devices, if you buy a movie, make sure you really want to transfer it.

Another issue too if you haven't done so, once you link your Tivo to your account online, you may need to login to Amazon on the TiVo box and sometimes it take a bit before the transfer begins.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Once your Amazon account is linked with your Tivo.com account, there is no need/ability to login on the Tivo. Only for purchase/rental from the Tivo would need to have a PIN setup on your Amazon account (with Tivo.com account linked).

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #9
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Once your Amazon account is linked with your Tivo.com account, there is no need/ability to login on the Tivo. Only for purchase/rental from the Tivo would need to have a PIN setup on your Amazon account (with Tivo.com account linked).
OK, good to know however my Roamio behaved differently as I couldn't get the transfer to begin until I logged into Amazon on the TiVo. I may have just been antsy to get the transfer started and didn't give it enough time. I started it online but it didn't download, I logged into the Tivo and was able to select it and then it started.

It was a mess that night anyhow, I didn't know about the slow download speed if started on the TiVo, got Gravity in HD and it took over 6 hours to download which ruined the night not to mention I never got to watch it as I had work the next day.

I will state Amazon made good on it and gave me the HD version of it for free so I can watch it over and over, bigger problem I can't watch Gravity without thinking about George Clooney character from "Oh Brother, We're Art Thou?".... "My hair!"
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
DAF54

Thanks to all for your help. I had been accessing Amazon on my iPad and couldn't seem to get the pull down tab. Tried my wife's laptop and viola. Thank you.