TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
marklyn

What is TX & RX PHY rate on mini?

On the Tivo mini, under the network status I see two Peer Node MAC addresses with various settings/readings under each.
The first one has TX RX rates (both) of around 270-280
The second set has TX rates around 249 and RX around 65.
The packets with errors on the second set have 7 errors but no errors on the first set at the top.

What do these readings mean exactly?
Better yet, if anyone has any info on any of these readings, I'd appreciate know what they mean.

I'm wondering if they have anything to do with all of the V87 errors I'm getting on both of my mini's tonight, when I've never had these errors before.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin

Last edited by marklyn : 02-13-2014 at 08:06 PM.
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
On the Tivo mini, under the network status I see two Peer Node MAC addresses with various settings/readings under each.
The packets with errors on the second set have 7 errors but no errors on the first set at the top.

Better yet, if anyone has any info on any of these readings, I'd appreciate know what they mean.

I'm wondering if they have anything to do with all of the V87 errors I'm getting on both of my mini's tonight, when I've never had these errors before.
I don't know much about what the numbers mean except that any number under 100 may be a problem.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
webcrawlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post

PHY rate is your MoCA connection quality and speed. Anything over 200 and you're golden.
webcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
PHY rate is your MoCA connection quality and speed. Anything over 200 and you're golden.
so because there are two sets of peer mode readings, does that account for both of my mini's?
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
tivoboy

On one of my minis, it says PHY rates TX of 280 RX 280, then there is another node 264, 278 respectively. Is that a second mini, or are there two nodes PER mini?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #6
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
On one of my minis, it says PHY rates TX of 280 RX 280, then there is another node 264, 278 respectively. Is that a second mini, or are there two nodes PER mini?
No, a Mini would not be two separate nodes. Each MoCA device on your network will appear as one node. For example: On my network I have a Roamio Plus, 2 Minis, and a MoCA adapter at my router, so I have 4 nodes total.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
tivoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
No, a Mini would not be two separate nodes. Each MoCA device on your network will appear as one node. For example: On my network I have a Roamio Plus, 2 Minis, and a MoCA adapter at my router, so I have 4 nodes total.

thanks, and is there anywhere on the main roamio where one can see this information? I can only see it on the minis.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
thanks, and is there anywhere on the main roamio where one can see this information? I can only see it on the minis.
Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > View network status
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #9
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > View network status
Does not work if that TiVo is the bridge to MoCA, you get message MoCA not up or running, a TiVo glitch that does not create any problem that I know of.