TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
ciscokid

New Roamio Question-Fios

I just bit the bullet and bought a new Base Model Roamio after spending a half hour getting a $75 off shot in the Tivo promo. It will be replacing an HD in my bedroom that is plugged into FIOS. It's been a while since I messed with my Tivos. I guess that all I'll have to do is pop out the Cable Card from the HD and plug it into the Roamio and go through the pairing process.

Correct?

Also, I'd like to upgrade it and wanted to know what suggestions you guys could give me for a newer higher capacity HDD and where to get it.

I understand that all I need to do with the Roamio is pop in a new hard drive and it will format it automatically. Not like we had to do in the past with the older Tivos..

Correct?

Thanks for the help!
ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
I guess that all I'll have to do is pop out the Cable Card from the HD and plug it into the Roamio and go through the pairing process.

Correct?
Yes, that should theoretically be all that you have to do, assuming it is a multi-stream CableCard.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #3
waynomo
My One Time

When you pair your cable card tune your TiVo to channel 131.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #4
caughey

Cable card pairing: If you have trouble getting HBO/Cinemax, you need to get the card paired. The magic words "manually validate" seem to help with that.

Hard drive upgrade: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507695 Might have good suggestions for hard drives.
caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #5
GmanTiVo
give me more options

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughey View Post
Cable card pairing: If you have trouble getting HBO/Cinemax, you need to get the card paired. The magic words "manually validate" seem to help with that.

Hard drive upgrade: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507695 Might have good suggestions for hard drives.
Correct. Call FIOS CableCard activation phone # and when you speak to the tech rep ask them Kindly to do a Manual Validation.... even if they see it paired. Go to channel 901 (HBO) while on the phone and read off the various #s the Tech person asks (Host ID, Card ID, Card SN & Data ID).

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Ch 131, etc will come alive as soon as the tech person says "done".

2 things: I did not have to do it this time around,, the new Mcard from the VZ store (with the correct make #s). As soon as I activated it my Roamio Pro received HBO fine.
I have had to do it at least 3 or 4 times over the past 3 years on the 2 Mcards in my S3.... I was told and can confirm that occasionally there is a total signal loss from the ONT and the Mcards re-set themselves (or better deactivate/un-pair). No channel Signal.... all channels are black.... FIOS will give you the whole shpiel about COAX connection, Cards Unseated, blah blah, just read them the data from ther CC info screen and have them do a manual validation... all goes back to normal.

Gman