TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
jaredmwright

Mini units connected to more than one TiVo host DVR

As I add to my TiVo environment for different rooms, I find myself in a new situation. I have a Roamio and XL4, which gives 10 tuners available.

I would like the ability to have TiVo Minis connect to wherever an available tuner is. So if my Roamio is using all Tuners, it should fall back to the XL4 and vice versa.

Instead of being tied to a single host, they should be tied to the account and be able to use whichever is available, along with a unified now playing list.

Hope TiVo is looking for features to add and differentiate. I always intend to have more than one TiVo DVR in case of failure or issues arise so I always have Live TV and the ability to record should something go wrong with one of the units.

If TiVo ever gets their network DVR online, maybe the Minis will make even more sense to leverage additional storage and shows available without recording locally.
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
DirecTV HR22 HDMI & Slingbox Solo COMPONENT
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

You can manually link your Mini to another TiVo. But it is not automatic. I'll sometimes switch my Minis between my Roamio Pro on FiOS and my Roamio Basic on OTA.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote