TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #31
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Not for me. I don't turn on suggestions, so usually recordings are just during prime time hours. But yes I agree it's pretty pointless to do it, but I do it anyway.
After a day or two, stuff will record, and the tuners will end up scattered. That, and the thing doesn't start up often, and you usually won't know when it rebooted, and by the time you figure it out, the tuners will most likely be scattered.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #32
en sabur nur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I haven't missed a single recording due to a conflict since getting my Roamio Pro. With the 4 tuner there were rare occasions when I had to worry about conflicts due to padding but with the Roamio it has never even been a thought. I've even gotten a bit lazy about prioritizing SPs. All the ones I've added recently are just sitting at the bottom of the list. Before I would always make sure to put network shows above cable shows because cable shows repeat, but now it doesn't seem to matter.
My experience mirrors yours. I also have stopped prioritizing Season Passes. I figure, with 6 tuners and 3 terabytes, I'll probably never have conflicts, and as far as I can tell, I haven't. I really love the Roamio Pro's remote being RF, instead of IR. Not having to point the remote and the response speed of the remote is great! I dream of combining a Roamio Pro and a Roku 3.
en sabur nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #33
squiddohio

When I got my R. Pro, I kept my XL4, which sits right under it. Math is not my strong suit, but I think that gives me 10 tuners, no conflicts, backups for important shows and easy switching via an MX-890 remote, which also controls the lights in the room. My TV prayers have been answered.
squiddohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
en sabur nur

I still have a Premiere 4, but I deactivated it when i purchased a Roamio Pro. I am considering upgrading the drive to a 2 terabyte one and doing what you did.
en sabur nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #35
GmanTiVo
give me more options

1st night and already Maxed Out !!

I just upgraded my home to a Roamio Pro & 3 Minis (soon selling mt reliable 2TB S3 and ridding myself of 3 VZ DVRs). Install Sat. & Sun.a breaze.

Sunday 8:15pm, already maxed out , 2 Minis on and daughters recoding 4 show (help!), wife walks into the family room and tells me the Mini in the bedroom will not allow her to watch live tv...... and she's not pleased.

I'm finally home from work and off to find a way to have the Mini in our bedroom always hold/locked to a tuner.

Gman
Old 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #36
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanTiVo View Post
I just upgraded my home to a Roamio Pro & 3 Minis (soon selling mt reliable 2TB S3 and ridding myself of 3 VZ DVRs). Install Sat. & Sun.a breaze.

Sunday 8:15pm, already maxed out , 2 Minis on and daughters recoding 4 show (help!), wife walks into the family room and tells me the Mini in the bedroom will not allow her to watch live tv...... and she's not pleased.

I'm finally home from work and off to find a way to have the Mini in our bedroom always hold/locked to a tuner.

Gman
Ouch. Unfortunately, there's no way to lock a tuner to a particular Mini. It will automatically time out after 4 hours. You should be able to cancel an active recording from the Mini when that happens, thereby freeing up a tuner for the Mini without having to leave the room and go to the Roamio.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
GmanTiVo
give me more options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Ouch. Unfortunately, there's no way to lock a tuner to a particular Mini. It will automatically time out after 4 hours. You should be able to cancel an active recording from the Mini when that happens, thereby freeing up a tuner for the Mini without having to leave the room and go to the Roamio.
Can it be set to automatically time out after 1 or 2 hours? I take it it means if on same channel for 4 hours it automatically releases the tuner (default setting), correct?

Thamk you!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #38
jrtroo
User

Yes, it will do that.

I think the real moral of the story is, why are so many folks watching live TV?! More season passes!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #39
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
I think the real moral of the story is, why are so many folks watching live TV?! More season passes!
I can't get my wife to stop watching live TV. The first night we got the Roamio and Minis she complained because she couldn't get a tuner to watch the news. I told her I'd start recording it every night so she could always watch it, but she didn't want to do that. I gave up!
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #40
jrtroo
User

I would set up the season pass anyway, keep as 1, and then a tuner would always be there for her to connect to.