TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
unitron

11.3 "upgrade" only on lifetimed HDs?

Did anyone whose HD got broken by 11.3 have a non-lifetimed one?

Did any HD XLs get 11.3?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
miller890

Yes. Monthly $6 charge on an HD which they said they would transfer.
Comcast, all wired to 1GB
miller890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller890 View Post
Yes. Monthly $6 charge on an HD which they said they would transfer.
Tell them that since they broke your TiVo, you want the $99 lifetime deal on it, and that they can then transfer that lifetime to the new TiVo they are forcing you to buy after having broken your TiVo.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
buscuitboy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Tell them that since they broke your TiVo, you want the $99 lifetime deal on it, and that they can then transfer that lifetime to the new TiVo they are forcing you to buy after having broken your TiVo.
While my experience is not directly related to a "broken" Series 3 due to the update, I can tell you that I had a Series 3 (OLED) that I got the $99 lifetime transferred. 3 months after I got it lifetimed, it crapped out on me. I figured it was either the drive or the power supply.

over the following months, I did EVERYTHING to try and repair this S3. I had a cap replaced on the power supply, swapped out another working S3 (OLED) drive in it and swapped out another working S3 (OLED) power supply. NONE of it worked and I kept getting the reboot problem.

I finally called TiVo up and explained the reboot situation (but didn't mention I opened up the unit). They said that since the lifetime I got was less than a year old, they then basically easily gave me a refurb 2-tuner premiere for $79 along with transferring the lifetime subscription to it for free. I had to mail back the non-working S3, but it was still worth it in my opinion. I even slipped in another original, but non-working S3 drive in the unit before shipping it off. Then kept the working S3 drive as a backup for my other S3 (OLED).

Therefore, if you do the aforementioned advice, I think you may then be able to get a $99 lifetime transferred to a Premiere. Not sure they will do this for a Roamio, but I guess its worth a shot too.

Last edited by buscuitboy : 03-24-2014 at 01:24 PM.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote