TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
Caseman171

Arrow Roamio & Minis Freezing Frames & Disconnect

Hey Guys,

I received my Roamio Pro & Mini's about 30 days ago but have been having trouble with the networking side & specifically the Mini's accessing the hard drive on the Roamio. The Roamio Pro works great thus far & I have not experienced any issues with it. It should be noted however I am using the Roamio to create the MoCA network. The biggest issue is that I continue experienced drops in networking speeds & freezing frames & get errors V59 & V112. If you reset the entire setup everything works beautifully for about an hour before I get the same issue.

I have:
  • Comcast Cable
  • Motorola D3.0 Modem (Brand New)
  • Netgear Nighthawk Router (Brand New)
  • POE Filter that I have installed outside of my house going into a 6 way 2ghz splitter.
  • I have each device on a static IP
  • Like listed above Roamio creating MoCA network.

TiVo wants to send me a MoCA bridge to see if when set up it "relives some stress that may be on the Roamio Pro" should be here tomorrow.
    Another tech suggested maybe calling comcast & the CableCard may be bad - but the Pro works fine & when I have connection everything works great so I am skeptical there.

I am hoping that someone can help me here - the last tech I talked to with TiVo literally said "there is nothing else I can suggest you do" Getting close to where I may have to send everything back since I can not get it up & rolling.

Any help is appreciated!

[/list]
Caseman171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Any possibility that either the Mini or Roamio has an extra network going on it (that might give you the symptoms you see)? Are you sure neither has wireless connectivity? (There's a bug with the Roamio that it is tough to turn wireless off if it was ever set up with it.) Is there only one of ethernet or coaxial cable connected to the Mini?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
leswar
leswar

Is that 6-way splitter from Home Depot?

Get rid of the six-way splitter. It's unbalaned. Think of it as two 3-way splitters. 3-ways are literally unbalanced. You want to think 2-ways; 4-ways ; 8-ways. These are balanced splitters. The four-way is two 2-ways and the 8-way would be two 4-ways. All ports have a balanced, equal strength signal. A 3-way does not; hence a six-way would also.

So try a 8-way and terminated any unused ports. Or try a 4-way and a 2-way to achieve the number of desired lines. Set your configuration to send the weaker signals to the unimportant/ less critical outlets ( i.e. the port that is split again with the additional 2-way).
leswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #4
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by leswar View Post
Is that 6-way splitter from Home Depot?

Get rid of the six-way splitter. It's unbalaned. Think of it as two 3-way splitters. 3-ways are literally unbalanced. You want to think 2-ways; 4-ways ; 8-ways. These are balanced splitters. The four-way is two 2-ways and the 8-way would be two 4-ways. All ports have a balanced, equal strength signal. A 3-way does not; hence a six-way would also.

So try a 8-way and terminated any unused ports. Or try a 4-way and a 2-way to achieve the number of desired lines. Set your configuration to send the weaker signals to the unimportant/ less critical outlets ( i.e. the port that is split again with the additional 2-way).
Some 3-way (and 6-way) splitters are unbalanced, but I'm pretty sure that you can get some that are balanced.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Caseman171

Thanks & V58 Error

Thanks for the suggestions.

The mini's do not have an ethernet & are running via coax only since my house is not wired for ethernet. The Roamio does have coax & ethernet running to it since it creates that MoCA network & since that is how I have been told to hook it all up.

I seem to be having better luck & for longer with the static IPs but now I am getting the "missing channels V58 error" on the mini's frequently & once in a while on the Roamio - now Im starting to think my cable card may be the issue.

As far as the 6 way splitter - I tried a 4 way splitter recently to "increase the strength of the MoCA network & looping. I still had the same issue so I switched back to the 6 since due to have 6 rooms that are wired for coax.

Again thanks for the help .. Any ideas on this V58 "channel not authorized" error?

Thanks!
Caseman171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
tatergator1

Go to: TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > DVR Diagnostics

Scroll towards the very bottom. There will be a line showing your current CableCard firmware. Please post that version here for reference. This is the most likely source of V58.

Many Comcast markets had/still have very outdated CableCard firmware. Many users have managed to get Comcast to update them, but it seems to be a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" situation. To my knowledge, Comcast has not yet conducted a system-wide upgrade to their outdated CableCard firmware.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote