Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #61
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJay View Post
What did Frank accomplish with the murder that he wouldn't have gotten with Peter simply slinking away in disgrace? Was there some thought that Peter was going to spill the beans? It seemed reckless for a guy who is so cunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Yes, the worry was that Russo was going to confess all, and thereby implicate Frank. But my feeling is, as long as Russo did not realize that Frank set him up to fail (and I think Russo was in the dark about that), then Frank could have "persuaded" (carrot and stick) Russo to keep Frank's involvement out of his confession.
I was confused when right before Russo called Frank and said he'd talk about *enstien and whoitz but later when they sought him out I realized that it was about the wacko conspiracy blogger being the actual writer of the editorial.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
And he's never been perfectly in control. He totally f'd up in the vowel speech.
It showed that Frank has an Achilles heel and it's Claire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrac View Post
... Robin Wright looks stunningly gorgeous.
Yep. I froze her face in 1080P. If she's had work done it's very good. How much detail is there in HD? She has a small mouth scar like Tina Fey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I REALLY want an Emmy for Spacey for this role. I think Kevin Spacey and Laura Linney would make the perfect pair of lead actors for this year's Emmy wins.
Corey Stoll, who played Petter Russo should have gotten a nomination. He did a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
...Season 2 speculation? He obviously gets the formal nomination for the Vice Presidency. Does he have to fight for confirmation with the story breaking? Does the story break at all before he gets confirmed? I would suspect it would have to. No way can Zoe continue to get un-noticed access to Underwood when he is VP.

Anyway, it's Emmy nominations were well deserved. Best Actor for Spacey. Best Actress for Wright. Best Series. The trifecta. I wonder if it can win. It's outside the box. But it has big star power with Spacey.
I watched all 13 episodes since signing up Netflix last weekend! It is a great one and I want more.

We don't know that the VP job won't be pulled away but I'll bet not.

If Frank does get the VP next he'll work on getting rid of the POTUS.

It wasn't until I had it on the Touchpad going to the Chromecast that I saw that Frank's hands are bloody.
That was the ring rap thing!

Now on to Lilihammer.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #63
getreal
postcrastinator

Just marathoned thru S01 last night and today. Then I had to rewatch the Emmys clip (on YT) featuring Kevin Spacey so I could finally "get the joke". I also enjoyed the linked video of Spacey as Underwood in the pre-taped intro to the President's Correspondents Dinner.

Bravo Mr. Spacey! What a great actor!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #64
goblue97
Hoke-amania

One thing I'm still not clear on after finishing season one is what was the deal with his former security guy? We're they responsible for his death? The guy went from being perfectly healthy to dying in what seemed like a very short time.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #65
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
One thing I'm still not clear on after finishing season one is what was the deal with his former security guy? We're they responsible for his death? The guy went from being perfectly healthy to dying in what seemed like a very short time.
Who? Meecham is still with Frank and is one person who knows all about where Frank was and when like when the Congressman died.
UVerse and OTA

Old 03-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #66
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I think he's talking about the one the Ms went to visit in the hospital and gave a warm hand "goodbye".

I didn't get any impression that the Underwood's had anything to do with his illness.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #67
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post

I didn't get any impression that the Underwood's had anything to do with his illness.
Not Meecham. I think his name was Steve.

Not sure why I got that vibe. Must have been their lack of compassion.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #68
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I think he's talking about the one the Ms went to visit in the hospital and gave a warm hand "goodbye".

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Not Meecham. I think his name was Steve.

Not sure why I got that vibe. Must have been their lack of compassion.
Yeah I forgot him.

He was played by the guy who's a real military officer.

The only hinky thing about him was Mrs. Underwood servicing him in the hospital.
UVerse and OTA