Hello, new forum member and new Roamio owner here. Purchased the Roamio (base model) when we decided to cut the cord.
We have an attic antenna feeding the Roamio. All stations but one come in just fine. The remaining station is acting strange. When viewing the "signal strength" meter on the Roamio, this channel is usually in the 60+ range. But every few minutes, the signal goes to 0 and the picture drops out. After some time (few seconds to a minute), pop, it goes back to 60-65-ish and the picture is crystal clear again.
In other words, it's not acting like it's a poor signal on the edge of reception - it acts like a good signal that drops completely out then comes back on.
If I plug the antenna cable directly into my TV, the picture stays on continuously. (The TV doesn't have a signal strength indicator so all I can say is that the picture looks good, I can't tell if the signal quality is varying.)
- This particular station is the only VHF station of interest in our region (Raleigh/Durham, NC); the other stations we're receiving with no problem are all UHF.
- In our area, all the major stations transmit from one huge antenna (i.e. antennaweb.org shows same distance/direction to all the stations of interest).
- We've tried a couple different antennas, no difference.
- The condition persists even in calm wind conditions, so not like tree branches or other objects are blowing around and intermittently blocking the signal.
So -- my questions are:
1) Has anyone else seen something like this?
2) Does this sound like a bad Roamio unit (i.e. should I exchange it for another one)?
3) Or is the Roamio, in general, bad at picking up VHF channels or have other OTA receiver issues, that should make me look at returning the Roamio and going with a different DVR solution?
Thanks in advance for any help!