TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Alfer
WOOSAH!

The Blacklist- "Mako Tanida" 3/17/2014 SPOILERS

Well, that sure was an action packed episode!

The one thing I can't remember is how did Red come to know the black guy in the cowboy hat?

My only beef was there were a few "seriously?" moments that always nag at me, like when main characters hubby tells the spy girl to call his wife. Based on what Cowboy dude said, no way in HECK I'd turn my back on the dude like she did. That and the Cowboy dudes attempt to capture that girl for Red, I mean really, he didn't think he'd get noticed?

Other than that, I'm liking the new twists and turns they are offering up so far.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I was amused that two shows in the same time slot (this one and Castle) used the
Spoiler:
"Japanese crime lord turns out to be white guy"
plot twist.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Jayjoans

Great episode. I sure like Spader in this role, but do yourself a favor, don't watch him on Fallon last night. Terrible interview, ruins his character for me when he's such a lame interview.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I was amused that two shows in the same time slot (this one and Castle) used the
Spoiler:
"Japanese crime lord turns out to be white guy"
plot twist.
Yeah, we watch these shows back to back and thought the same thing. Although Castles version was lot weaker IMO.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
debtoine
WTTWDC

Well, there is no more question on whether Tim, er... Tom, is a good guy or a bad guy.

I guess the only thing that isn't clear is what exactly his mission is.

T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Killing Red seemed on his wish list based on the comment about putting a bullet in him at the hospital. But it must be a lower priority than the mission he seems to be on.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Killing Red seemed on his wish list based on the comment about putting a bullet in him at the hospital. But it must be a lower priority than the mission he seems to be on.
Which, of course, suggests that whatever it is that connects Lizzie and Red, the people who planted TimTom with her know about it. Or else there'd be no logical* reason for him to know who Red is

*I know, I know...
Old 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Which, of course, suggests that whatever it is that connects Lizzie and Red, the people who planted TimTom with her know about it. Or else there'd be no logical* reason for him to know who Red is
Not necessarily. The primary mission could be about Lizzie and not be directly connected to Red. But Red has a lot of people who know him and a lot of people who do not like him, so it could be that he just hates Red for some "normal" reason, unrelated to the Lizzie mission.

Not that I would bet on it. Nonetheless, it makes sense.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #9
jeepair

I was disappointed in this episode.

Red should have had Cowboy investigate the building they were coming out of before he decided to have Cowboy take the lady.

Thought it was unbelievable that the bad guy could accurately shoot Ressler's wife/girlfriend while struggling. Should have had her shot while driving, would have been more believable.

Ressler mentioned he was just months out of the hospital yet he doesn't limp, can run and fight like the injury never happened.

Might have been a few other things...
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
super dave
Upgrade Willy

It was fun watching the actor playing Tanida, he plays Job on Banshee, much more flamboyant yet equally adept at fighting.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #11
getreal
postcrastinator

Can someone explain the last scene where Red is watching the ballerinas (which he sponsors) and the flashback to 1987 watching the single 10 yr. old ballerina? Is that a memory of his daughter?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #12
Tivo_60
NY State of Mind

I was a little confused by who Tom shot after killing the girl. I thought it was cowboy hat guy, but obviously not because he reported back to Red,.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #13
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo_60 View Post
I was a little confused by who Tom shot after killing the girl. I thought it was cowboy hat guy, but obviously not because he reported back to Red,.
I believe you are confusing two different people. The guy who reported back to Red was not the guy tied up in the secret room who got shot.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
Jayjoans

Right. Cowboy hat guy was a hired outsider. Reporter guy is Red's personal driver and security.

Last edited by Jayjoans : 03-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Tivo_60
NY State of Mind

So, cowboy hat guy is the one who was shot? (btw, I'm not liking Tom very much anymore )
Old 03-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo_60 View Post
So, cowboy hat guy is the one who was shot? (btw, I'm not liking Tom very much anymore )
Yes
Old 03-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
john4200

I figured out why the Berlin people are watching Lizzie. She is a clone! There will be a suburban Lizzie, a professional Lizzie, a scientist Lizzie, and a crazy Lizzie, all showing up soon.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #18
Craigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I figured out why the Berlin people are watching Lizzie. She is a clone! There will be a suburban Lizzie, a professional Lizzie, a scientist Lizzie, and a crazy Lizzie, all showing up soon.
Nope, not a clone. This is yet another Alternate Fringe universe as evidenced by Broyles playing a cowboy hatted bad guy that gets killed.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #19
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Can someone explain the last scene where Red is watching the ballerinas (which he sponsors) and the flashback to 1987 watching the single 10 yr. old ballerina? Is that a memory of his daughter?
Yes. Earlier in the show the star ballerina mentioned to one of the other dancers that there was a story going around that the donor's (Red's) daughter once danced either in Swan Lake or with that troupe - I forget which.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #20
wprager

Elise Leblanc -- my first thought was "Elise" = "Lizzie", but that was the name of the woman who ran the ballet company.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
Great episode. I sure like Spader in this role, but do yourself a favor, don't watch him on Fallon last night. Terrible interview, ruins his character for me when he's such a lame interview.
Do you think the interview be better if say Carson was doing the interview?
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #22
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Do you think the interview be better if say Carson was doing the interview?
Interesting from a Carson interviews much younger Spader about his role in newly released Stargate movie perspective, or interesting in a Carson comes back from the grave and interviewing Spader is the most important thing he can think of to do perspective?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
Well, there is no more question on whether Tim, er... Tom, is a good guy or a bad guy.

I guess the only thing that isn't clear is what exactly his mission is.

T
I'm also a little fuzzy on exactly who he means by "Berlin".

Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
I was disappointed in this episode.

Red should have had Cowboy investigate the building they were coming out of before he decided to have Cowboy take the lady.

Thought it was unbelievable that the bad guy could accurately shoot Ressler's wife/girlfriend while struggling. Should have had her shot while driving, would have been more believable.

Ressler mentioned he was just months out of the hospital yet he doesn't limp, can run and fight like the injury never happened.

Might have been a few other things...
Yeah, I noticed a few episodes back that Ressler seems to have made a remarkable recovery. As in beggars belief.

I think the girlfriend getting shot wasn't markmanship, just gun goes off during struggle and she was stupid enough to get out of vehicle and get near guy with gun, but didn't she get her head banged against the window when their vehicle first got bumped? Why doesn't he worry about whether she's alright or try to drive away to get her to safety instead of just leaving her, a possibly injured civilian, there and going after the bad guy on foot?

Were the writers under a dome when they came up with that scene?

Old 03-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #25
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

What a waste of Lance Riddick. I was hoping to see more of him. :-( I think Berlin means the city in Germany, not a person's name.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #26
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
At the end of the episode when Ressler started digging around I just knew he was going to find a pregnancy test. At least it wasn't hidden in a flower pot.