TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
hacklert

Tivo Pro and Samsung soundbar

I know others have talked about it but has anyone found a code that would work with a samsung soundbar? I've tried all that I could find but none seem to work with my samsung soundbar. I think my model number is
Model: HWF450. I hate having to use two different remotes everytime I want to use my system.
hacklert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
dbattaglia001

I have been looking for the same answer. Learning feature on Glo remote does not work. I have a TiVo slide pro remote arriving this week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to program it.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
monkeydust

I never got mine to work. I gave up.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
patrickthickey

yup

No trying to hijack this, but FYI - I've similarly given up trying to control the volume on my Martin-Logan soundbar using any Tivo remote.

It simply will not learn the bits.

There is something non-standard about the volume control protocol used by Tivo.
patrickthickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
hooper

You should be able to get the 450 to work using TV codes. Someone on here posted I believe just to that effect. The 550 on the other hand is a different beast.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
hacklert

Couldn't do it

I've tried everything. I couldn't find anyone that actually says they got it to work. If anyone has gotten this soundbar to work with the tivo remote please let us know how you did it.
hacklert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #7
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacklert View Post
I've tried everything. I couldn't find anyone that actually says they got it to work. If anyone has gotten this soundbar to work with the tivo remote please let us know how you did it.
This thread worked for a few.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ar+remote+code
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
mtsmylie

Quote:
I know others have talked about it but has anyone found a code that would work with a samsung soundbar? I've tried all that I could find but none seem to work with my samsung soundbar. I think my model number is
Model: HWF450. I hate having to use two different remotes everytime I want to use my system.
I have the same issue with the Roamio Plus I bought last week and my Samsung HW-E450 soundbar. Doesn't seem to be any way to make it work.
mtsmylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
dbattaglia001

Quote:
I returned the soundbar, as I tried everything I could think of, even slide remote pro. One time I magically got volume up and down to work but no idea how and I still was unable to get soundbar to power on and eventually I did something to kill the volume control and couldn't get it back. Decided more trouble than soundbar was worth. Back to crappy tv speakers.

Whose fault is it...is Samsung doing something proprietary, or is TiVo universal remote (even with learning feature) not so universal?
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
skid71

I'm in the market for a sound bar.
Can anyone recommend a sound bar/sub combo that DOES work with the Roamio Pro remote? I'm currently using one with the RF adapter from the Slide Pro.

Certainly not interested in having more than 1 remote. Any sound bar/sub combos to suggest?

Thanks
skid71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
Can anyone recommend a sound bar/sub combo that DOES work with the Roamio Pro remote? I'm currently using one with the RF adapter from the Slide Pro.

Certainly not interested in having more than 1 remote. Any sound bar/sub combos to suggest?

Thanks
Is the Roamio Pro a learning remote? if so check out the JBL Cinema SB400 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109SB40....html?tp=47366 My TiVo Slide remote has learned all the functions from the supplied JBL remote. Great sounding soundbar with excellent reviews, I've had mine for a year with no issues.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #12
MScottC

I've had this soundbar running for a couple of weeks now. Got it as an Amazon Gold Box Deal for $150. It learns your TV's volume and power remote commands; and since your TiVo Remote emulates your TV, the soundbar reacts to the TiVo Remote.

Yamaha YAS-101BL Soundbar, Piano Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MScottC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottC View Post
I've had this soundbar running for a couple of weeks now. Got it as an Amazon Gold Box Deal for $150. It learns your TV's volume and power remote commands; and since your TiVo Remote emulates your TV, the soundbar reacts to the TiVo Remote.

Yamaha YAS-101BL Soundbar, Piano Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
He's looking for a soundbar and sub. I tried out the Yamaha 101 and found the bass lacking. Its an improvement over the TV speakers but if you want some real clarity and punch you need to look elsewhere.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
Old Hickory

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post

Thanks
My Vizio sound bar works w/ the Tivo remote. I have the Vizio 5.1 (43") model.
Old Hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
skid71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
My Vizio sound bar works w/ the Tivo remote. I have the Vizio 5.1 (43") model.
How did you setup the TiVo remote for your Vizio? Did you choose A/V receiver in remote setup, then enter a Vizio code?

Thank you
skid71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #16
ncted
A leaf on the wind

I am not sure I understand the problems people are having with soundbars. If you are using ARC connections, the TV controls the soundbar over the HDMI cable between the 2. As long as you do this, there is no reason for the Tivo remote to have to do anything.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ho...461/5760/35485
Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #17
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncted View Post
I am not sure I understand the problems people are having with soundbars. If you are using ARC connections, the TV controls the soundbar over the HDMI cable between the 2. As long as you do this, there is no reason for the Tivo remote to have to do anything.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ho...461/5760/35485
Not all TV's have CEC controls and ARC and many that do don't play nice with some sound bars.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
mtsmylie

Recently picked up a Slide Pro Remote, and it works perfectly with my HW-E450, while the one that came with my Roamio Plus didn't.

Between that, the back-lit-buttons, and the slide-out QWERTY, it's totally worth it.
mtsmylie is offline   Reply With Quote