TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
B Smooth

5 video limit on tivo desktop

Is there a limit to the number of videos that TiVo desktop can push to roamio? I have folder set up to automatically push to TiVo. No matter how many videos are in the PC folder, only 5 videos will be pushed to roamio. When I delete a file from TiVo, it will download the next video.

Am I missing a preference? There is plenty of space available on the hard drive.
B Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Smooth View Post
Is there a limit to the number of videos that TiVo desktop can push to roamio? I have folder set up to automatically push to TiVo. No matter how many videos are in the PC folder, only 5 videos will be pushed to roamio. When I delete a file from TiVo, it will download the next video.

Am I missing a preference? There is plenty of space available on the hard drive.
Are you using a version of TiVo Desktop no one else has?

I was unaware it had push capability.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
tlp95129

If you're using Tivo Desktop Plus, I think you can just go to top menu item View->Published Video, find the folder you're using, click Properties and then alter the "Keep At Most" menu item as needed. I just usually set it at "All Episodes".
tlp95129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
ggieseke

Older versions of Desktop Plus had a "push" limit (I think the choices were 1, 5, 10, 15 & 25 episodes), but 2.8.x added All to the choices. What version are you running?

One thing that I've never understood is that they broke the ability to auto-push .TiVo files in 2.7.x and never fixed it. Raw MPG files still work fine.

There's a post buried somewhere in the archives where I figured out how to hack an XML file that let early versions like 2.5.1 transfer "all" but I'm not going to go digging for it.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
B Smooth

Thumbs up

Perfect. thank you

I'm running 2.8.3
B Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote