TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
hankinsohl

Season Pass Failed to Record

I'm using a Season Pass to record new English Premier League episodes broadcast on channel 626, an NBC HD channel in my area. This Saturday morning, the first 2 shows correctly recorded but for some strange reason the 3rd show - Chelsea versus Aston Villa - did not record. My Roamio has 6 tuners, there were no conflicts, my TV and Roamio were both turned on and there is plenty of hard disk space available.

When I look at the History within TiVO, the reason that the 3rd show didn't record is listed as follows:
"This show was not recorded because it was no longer in the guide."

But the above explanation is clearly wrong because the show is clearly listed in the guide when I browse it.

I believe that I may have encountered this same bug previously but did not pursue it.

Is anyone else noticing similar behavior? Is there a bugfix on the way to correct this?
hankinsohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
chrispitude

I've had this happen in the past, but never figured out a resolution.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
PedjaR

It is likely the known bug in back-to-back recordings on the same channel when there is an overlap due to one of the shows being padded. There are a couple of threads related to that, one being
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=512819
There are actually two issues:
  • the second show recorded, but has a glitch at the point where the first one ends (that one seems to happen 100% of the time the show gets recorded)
  • the second show is not recorded, with that "no longer in guide" bogus excuse; this one happens sometimes, not always. Maybe it happens more if the padding is longer, but short padding is not safe either - it happened to me multiple times with 5 minutes padding.

PedjaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
hankinsohl

Back-to-Back with Padding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedjaR View Post
It is likely the known bug in back-to-back recordings on the same channel when there is an overlap due to one of the shows being padded.
Hi PedjaR.

You're absolutely correct. The shows were back-to-back with padding.

Hopefully TiVO will fix this soon.
hankinsohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
iamevan

I experienced the same issue tonight. I had Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Simpsons, and Family Guy recording on Fox with each show setup to have a 5 minute before and after padding.

After Bob's Burgers ended my TiVo never began to record American Dad; after checking the history it said it was no longer in guide.
iamevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
dbenrosen

I record the EPL on NBCSN HD and I don't add padding because those games almost NEVER run over. There is no extra time or PKs at the end of those matches and even in an instance where there is a lot of injury time (I've seen as much as 11 minutes of added time in one match last year) it still finished before the scheduled time. The FA Cup replays, Champions League second legs in the knockout rounds and final can certainly need padding because of the need to have a winner determined, but the EPL doesn't have that problem. Just a thought to avoid missing an entire match due to this bug. Also when the matches are back to back, you only risk losing the very end of the last match.
dbenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote