TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
canbonbon

Roamio Interface question

I am new to Roamio interface and am coming from years of Series 3 HD experience. I am not able to figure out the following:
1) When I am playing a recording and I press the back button (or Tivo button) I immediately go to TIVO menu screen but the recording keeps playing in the top right corner. So how do I make that recording full screen again?
2) Also, is there anyway to pause that recording like it used to on Series 3 when I press the back button? I don't want it to go on in that little window. I know I can press the pause button first and then press the back button, etc. but series 3 did that automatically.
3) Is there any way to turn off Tivo suggestion recordings? It records by itself but I don't want that. It never did that on Series 3 or maybe I changed that option somehow and don't remember now.

Any suggestions on how to get these issues fixed would be very helpful.
canbonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
skid71

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
I am new to Roamio interface and am coming from years of Series 3 HD experience. I am not able to figure out the following:
1) When I am playing a recording and I press the back button (or Tivo button) I immediately go to TIVO menu screen but the recording keeps playing in the top right corner. So how do I make that recording full screen again?

Zoom

2) Also, is there anyway to pause that recording like it used to on Series 3 when I press the back button? I don't want it to go on in that little window. I know I can press the pause button first and then press the back button, etc. but series 3 did that automatically.
Press "Pause", then the left arrow or back

3) Is there any way to turn off Tivo suggestion recordings? It records by itself but I don't want that. It never did that on Series 3 or maybe I changed that option somehow and don't remember now.

I believe you have to go into settings, then...maybe recordings...can't quite remember the wording, but you can definitely turn off recording of TiVo Suggestions.
Any suggestions on how to get these issues fixed would be very helpful.
I suggest having fun with your new toy.
skid71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Time_Lord

I call the back button my "randomizer" button as I never seem to know where I'm going when I press it. The button you want is "Zoom" or I think TiVo calls is (re)Zoom.

I never had a series 3 so I don't know what the previous behavior was.

In regards to turning off the suggested recordings, yes you can disable that, I'm not in front of my TV so I can't guide you there but I seem to recall its in the system settings area.
Time_Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
canbonbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
Press "Pause", then the left arrow or back
Thanks a lot. So that is a two step process now. Its fine just need to get used to it

I will check the settings to see where I can turn them off. Thanks for your help

Last edited by canbonbon : 03-13-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo
canbonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
skid71

Quote:
Thanks a lot. So that is a two step process now. Its fine just need to get used to it

I will check the settings to see where I can turn them off. Thanks for your help
Now that you mention it, pressing pause, then left arrow may be just on the Roamio. I believe just pushing the left arrow pauses the program on a Mini. Try it out.
skid71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
Now that you mention it, pressing pause, then left arrow may be just on the Roamio. I believe just pushing the left arrow pauses the program on a Mini. Try it out.
It pauses on the Mini because the Mini lacks the Preview window. On the Roamio, you can also disable the Preview window through the settings menu (not in front of my Tivo to direct you there.) Alternatively, pressing the "Slow" button will toggle the preview window. One caveat to all this, the Preview window is always active when viewing the Guide.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
lpwcomp

Quote:
Quote:
The "Zoom" button.

Quote:
This is actually a function of the HDUI. The Premiere does exactly the same thing if running the HDUI. When running the SDUI, it simply exits from the recording and saves the current position.

While running the SDUI is not an option on a Roamio, you can disable the Video window via "TiVo Central->Settings & Messages->Settings->Displays->Video Window->Off" Note that the Video Window will still be present when viewing the Guide but this is the equivalent of the SDUI overlay of the Guide. BTW, the "Pause" works on the Video Window.

Quote:
"TiVo Central->Settings & Messages->Settings->Recording->TiVo Suggestions->No, don't record TiVo Suggestions"

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #8
pautler

Quote:
help
You can also hit the pause button after the left or back button (still a 2-step process, of course). In other words, if you find yourself in the TiVo menus and the preview window is playing in the corner, you can hit the pause button to pause whatever is playing in the preview window.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
jrtroo
User

The window cycles on/off with the press of the slow button.

If you are watching a show from My Shows, it will pause automatically.