TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
canbonbon

Transferred recordings from 11.3 to Roamio

Hello All,

I finally got my replacement Roamio and was able to transfer the season passes and the recordings from the affected TivoHD without any issues.

As a first step, I plugged in the Roamio and connected it via ethernet to the same network. It took a while to come up and rebooted itself twice to do some updates, etc. I did *not* have to activate it. But once it was up, I could see the TIVO HD as the last option in the My Shows List. From there I could see all the recordings and could transfer the ones I wanted. Unfortunately, you'd have to do them one by one but eventually they all got transferred.

For the season pass, it is very easy. I logged into the TIVO website and under find shows->Season pass manager, it shows both the TIVOs. I selected all the season passes in the TIVO HD and clicked on copy to the other (and selected the Roamio). It was done in 5 minutes.

Just wanted to share this with others who might be in similar situation.
canbonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Teeps

Cool.
So what happens to the HD?
Do you send it back to TiVo or to the E-recycle center near you?

Also: it can be helpful if location is noted in your profile.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
canbonbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Cool.
So what happens to the HD?
Do you send it back to TiVo or to the E-recycle center near you?

Also: it can be helpful if location is noted in your profile.
Updated my Location. Its MA, USA

I do have to send it back to TIVO. They sent me the UPS return Label and asked me to use the same cardboard box for return. At the present time both are active. I will return HD next week.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Was the return of the old HD required?

Tivo "exchanged" my new Roamio with my old HD and it took it's place with the old monthly price with no service commitment, this was the upgrade promotion that ended in January. . I was not required to return my HD, I asked and they told me I could do anything I wanted with the older TiVo.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
canbonbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Was the return of the old HD required?

Tivo "exchanged" my new Roamio with my old HD and it took it's place with the old monthly price with no service commitment, this was the upgrade promotion that ended in January. . I was not required to return my HD, I asked and they told me I could do anything I wanted with the older TiVo.
Hmm... Now that you say that ....

Well anyway, the box that came with Roamio is too small to send back the old HD.

So what *did* you do with it? Isn't it useless without activation? Currently mine is active so I can use it but once they deactivate it, then what could I possibly do with it? Especially if it is busted like this with 11.3 software patch. Let me know when you get a chance, I am very curious. Other than salvage its parts for some other home grown project, I don't see any use for it.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
wtkflhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
Hmm... Now that you say that ....

Well anyway, the box that came with Roamio is too small to send back the old HD.

So what *did* you do with it? Isn't it useless without activation? Currently mine is active so I can use it but once they deactivate it, then what could I possibly do with it? Especially if it is busted like this with 11.3 software patch. Let me know when you get a chance, I am very curious. Other than salvage its parts for some other home grown project, I don't see any use for it.
I put a new hard drive from Weakknees and keep on truckin'!

Don H
wtkflhn is offline   Reply With Quote