TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #6541
mglutz

Time Warner Cable just updated their entire lineup by using a "digital build" lineup. Since this isn't a change to the lineup, but a new lineup that requires you to go back through Guided setup the season passes did not get transferred, i.e. every season pass is now useless.

I tried to use the load and copy function with KMTTG by opening the exported file and doing a copy and replace for each instance of one channel as a test. I replaced both the channel number and the channel name throughout the file, then loaded it back in kmttg. I found that I had to first delete the existing SP which I did. When I copied the loaded season pass back to the tivo I got the following error:

RPC error response:
{
"text": "Unable to get channel.",
"debug": "",
"code": "internalError",
"type": "error"
}

I checked to make sure I had the right channel numbers and names with the guide in kmttg, then I manually set up the season pass so I could compare results in the exported version of the sp list with the one I modified. Pasted below is the differences (I only pasted portions of the .sp file for the show I was trying to copy)

The version I tried to load and got the above error with:

{"idSetSource":{"collectionId":"tivo:cl.30244724","type":"se asonPassSource","channel":{"sourceType":"cable","channelId": "tivo:ch.9","stationId":"tivo:st.10420591","type":"channel", "isReceived":true,"isBlocked":false,"isHidden":false,"logoIn dex":65555,"levelOfDetail":"medium","callSign":"WGME","isFav orite":false,"name":"WGME","isDigital":false,"channelNumber" :"13","isKidZone":false}},"__upcoming":["509073883666145"],"folderingRules":"seriesOnly","bodyGeneratesCandidates":tru e,"type":"subscription","bodyId":"tsn:7582001904CF552","subs criptionId":"tivo:sb.559","__priority__":8,"endTimePadding": 0,"title":"NCIS","levelOfDetail":"medium","startTimePadding" :0,"maxRecordings":0,"useOfferStartPadding":false,"priority" :2507,"showStatus":"firstRunOnly","recordingQuality":"high", "useOfferEndPadding":false,"keepBehavior":"forever"}

And after I manually set up the season pass and exported the results:

{"idSetSource":{"collectionId":"tivo:cl.30244724","type":"se asonPassSource","channel":{"sourceType":"cable","channelId": "tivo:ch.9","stationId":"tivo:st.1215","type":"channel","isR eceived":true,"isBlocked":false,"isHidden":false,"logoIndex" :65555,"levelOfDetail":"medium","callSign":"WGME","isFavorit e":false,"name":"WGME","isDigital":false,"channelNumber":"13 ","isKidZone":false}},"__upcoming":["509073883667124"],"folderingRules":"seriesOnly","bodyGeneratesCandidates":tru e,"type":"subscription","bodyId":"tsn:7582001904CF552","subs criptionId":"tivo:sb.108281909","__priority__":52,"endTimePa dding":0,"title":"NCIS","levelOfDetail":"medium","startTimeP adding":0,"maxRecordings":0,"useOfferStartPadding":false,"pr iority":2552,"showStatus":"firstRunOnly","recordingQuality": "best","useOfferEndPadding":false,"keepBehavior":"fifo"}

I know the priority is different (would fix that once I get the program to copy correctly), there are other differences I don't understand. Any idea how to 'correct' the exported file so I can load and copy into a new season pass? I have over 100 season passes, it be really great if I can use kmttg to reload them.

Last edited by mglutz : 03-04-2014 at 07:56 PM.
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #6542
moyekj

I think the key is the "stationId" setting inside the "channel" JSON. If you are just changing the channel number and callSign that won't work. In your examples above, note the "stationId" is different. So the challenge would be to find the corresponding stationId for each channel which you would have to update along with the other info. You may be able to use kmttg "Guide" tab for each relevant channel and look at JSON info for a table entry for each channel to get that information (using the 'j' bindkey in kmttg).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #6543
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Easiest thing to do is unzip the whole package somewhere and then in kmttg config change path to ffmpeg.exe to where you unzipped it. You could probably get away with just copying ffmpeg.exe, but for purposes of testing to see if it helps its best to just keep it separate from kmttg installation.
No luck. Got stuck at 23% again with the different version. However, it made it past that, and instead got stuck at 40% (for a LONG time - like almost two hours). It hasn't actually died, it's just stuck at 40% as I type this.

I installed the ffmpeg you suggested. Put it in another directory, changed the config. Even quit and restarted kmttg before I tried again. Gets stuck in the same place.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #6544
caddyroger

Quote:
ffmpeg is having buffer underflow issues remuxing the audio + video. Try a newer version of ffmpeg such as this.
What program can you use unzip the 7z file?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #6545
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
What program can you use unzip the 7z file?
Current versions of WinZip will do that. That's what I use.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #6546
mglutz

Quote:
I think the key is the "stationId" setting inside the "channel" JSON. If you are just changing the channel number and callSign that won't work. In your examples above, note the "stationId" is different. So the challenge would be to find the corresponding stationId for each channel which you would have to update along with the other info. You may be able to use kmttg "Guide" tab for each relevant channel and look at JSON info for a table entry for each channel to get that information (using the 'j' bindkey in kmttg).
Yes, that worked. I tried just changing the StationId without changing the other fields and that appears to at least get the season pass to copy and seems to be correct. Finding each new stationID will be a lot easier then starting every season pass over again on the TiVo. Another time saver for kmttg. Awesome and thanks for the continued support!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #6547
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Yes, that worked. I tried just changing the StationId without changing the other fields and that appears to at least get the season pass to copy and seems to be correct. Finding each new stationID will be a lot easier then starting every season pass over again on the TiVo. Another time saver for kmttg. Awesome and thanks for the continued support!
+1 - While I don't need that info, it's great to have in my back pocket for sure!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #6548
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
No luck. Got stuck at 23% again with the different version. However, it made it past that, and instead got stuck at 40% (for a LONG time - like almost two hours). It hasn't actually died, it's just stuck at 40% as I type this.

I installed the ffmpeg you suggested. Put it in another directory, changed the config. Even quit and restarted kmttg before I tried again. Gets stuck in the same place.
If you've never tried VideoRedo, that would be a real fix for the problem in conjunction with kmttg. ProjectX is free and works in many cases, but VideoRedo is by far the superior solution. Note that you can get a fully functional free trial version of VideoRedo to try before you buy and the $50 VideoRedo Plus version is all you need for mpeg2 QS Fix + commercial cutting capabilities (though I personally would recommend the $100 VideoRedo TVSuite). Well worth every cent in my opinion and that of many others that have bought it.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #6549
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Current versions of WinZip will do that. That's what I use.
Thanks.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #6550
spocko
TiVo HD

Can anyone suggest a good encoding profile for the Nexus 7 (2012)?
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #6551
mglutz

Quote:
Just had a thought on a new kmttg feature: Move a SP from one channel to another

1) users selects sp in sp table that needs to be 'moved' to a new channel
2) click new 'Move' button
3) dialog display pops up for user to select new channel (table would provide kmttg the stationId information)
4) user highlights new channel and selects button to move sp to the new channel
4) kmttg deletes old sp
5) kmttg adds new sp with the new channel information
6) kmttg moves new sp to same priority of previous sp
Old 03-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #6552
christheman

small request

Hi, just wanted to see if it might be possible to include a way to disable the "auto re-configuration" of the various paths under the "File Settings" tab. The reason for this is because I rotate USB hard drives all the time between computers, and sometimes I forget to put an empty one back onto the computer.

For manual "Start Jobs" transfers, if possible, I would rather have the option of seeing some red errors at the bottom of the window {"E:\" is unavailable}, than have it temporarily change the path from "E:\" to "C:\Program Files\KMTTG\" and not give me any error messages.

I appreciate though that it is at least not changing the "config.ini" file.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by christheman : 03-08-2014 at 03:02 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #6553
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

what is the difference between the title and mainTitle keywords?

I am looking instead of

House - The Social Contract - (02_06_14) to get

House - 02_06_14 - The Social Contract

are there keywords to do this?
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #6554
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
what is the difference between the title and mainTitle keywords?

I am looking instead of

House - The Social Contract - (02_06_14) to get

House - 02_06_14 - The Social Contract

are there keywords to do this?
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/File_Naming/
Code:
[mainTitle] - [monthNum]_[mday]_[year][" - " episodeTitle]

Old 03-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #6555
wuzznuubi

Lightbulb

Quote:
Just had a thought on a new kmttg feature: Move a SP from one channel to another

1) users selects sp in sp table that needs to be 'moved' to a new channel
2) click new 'Move' button
3) dialog display pops up for user to select new channel (table would provide kmttg the stationId information)
4) user highlights new channel and selects button to move sp to the new channel
4) kmttg deletes old sp
5) kmttg adds new sp with the new channel information
6) kmttg moves new sp to same priority of previous sp
I second that request with another option. If you replace your tivo and use kmttg to transfer the sp's it won't copy those with the same name (i.e. same show appearing on different channels where you have a sp set for each channel) I would also like the option of cloning an existing sp to another channel. i.e. Discovery and History for example move their shows between their channels and you can't setup a new sp until the show appears on the new chanel. I know you can directly edit the saved .sp file to modify the sp name and load it back into kmttg, but if this option is being considered it would be much easier if kmttg handled it...
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #6556
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
If you replace your tivo and use kmttg to transfer the sp's it won't copy those with the same name.
kmttg checks against existing using both title & channel, so for SPs with same title but different channel it should still work (unless the TiVo rejects it for some reason).

Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #6557
mglutz

Quote:
kmttg checks against existing using both title & channel, so for SPs with same title but different channel it should still work (unless the TiVo rejects it for some reason).
When I used kmttg to replace all my season passes due to the TWC channel changes if I forgot to delete the previous SP it wouldn't copy
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #6558
moyekj

Quote:
When I used kmttg to replace all my season passes due to the TWC channel changes if I forgot to delete the previous SP it wouldn't copy
Was it TiVo rejecting it (i.e. schedule failure) or kmttg not attempting it?

Checking the code, kmttg looks at title & channel callSign when comparing vs existing.

Last edited by moyekj : 03-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #6559
mglutz

Quote:
Was it TiVo rejecting it (i.e. schedule failure) or kmttg not attempting it?
I tried restoring an old one (I saved the original .sp file before I started editing it) and got the following message

Copying Season Passes to TiVo: DVR-F552
Existing SP with same title found, not scheduling: Once Upon a Time
Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #6560
moyekj

Quote:
I tried restoring an old one (I saved the original .sp file before I started editing it) and got the following message

Copying Season Passes to TiVo: DVR-F552
Existing SP with same title found, not scheduling: Once Upon a Time
Same channel call sign? If so then the behavior is expected. Under normal conditions for a lineup change TiVo adjusts to the proper channel automatically, so checking call sign makes more sense than channel number checking.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #6561
mglutz

Quote:
Same channel call sign? If so then the behavior is expected. Under normal conditions for a lineup change TiVo adjusts to the proper channel automatically, so checking call sign makes more sense than channel number checking.
No, the callsign value is different. In the old version (what I attempted to copy back to the TiVo, the callsign is "WMTWDT" and the one that currently exists for that season pass is "WMTW".

Assuming this is known, but in case it isn't: TWC didn't do the normal lineup change, they rebuild their entire lineup. WMTW was broadcast in two forms, one was a version on channel 8 with a call sign of WMTW (lower quality video), the other was digital HD on channel 508 with a call sign of WMTWDT. All over the air channels plus basic cable channels like AMC, FX, TNT etc had two versions. When they changed the lineup they removed those lower quality video signals with the HD signals, but kept the channel sign. So Channel 8 stayed WMTW, but WMTWDT went away. All my SPs were on the higher quality channels, so the TiVo couldn't automattically change to the correct channel.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #6562
moyekj

I did find an issue with callSign comparison when comparing SPs. I've fixed it for next release. As it is now basically the callSign is being ignored so it doesn't matter if it's different or not. In next release you'll be able to schedule SPs with same title but different callSigns. I confirmed the fix using "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" series which currently runs on 2 different Fox channels in my lineup and I was able to create SPs for both using kmttg.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #6563
mglutz

Thanks moyekj!

Any interest in the added feature I mentioned earlier about a way for kmttg to move or copy a sp into a new sp with having to save a the sp list, modifing the file and then reloading and coping? I could see it very useful for when people move into new locations and have a different provider.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #6564
gmcc

Only one Tivo showing for Season Pass

I hope this isn't a really stupid sort of question...I am using the latest version of kmttg. I currently have two Tivos on my network named TDVR and TDVR2 each with static IPs. TDVR is an older series 3 two tuner box and TDVR2 is a Roamio. Using the tabs, I can see programs listed on both units so I'm basically connected to them but when I select the Season Passes tab, there is a drop down selection box to select a particular Tivo but the box only shows/allows TDVR2 to be selected.

So naturally I wonder why I can't see the Season Pass list from TDVR?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tivo1.jpg (63.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg tivo2.jpg (56.2 KB, 8 views)
gmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #6565
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcc View Post
I hope this isn't a really stupid sort of question...I am using the latest version of kmttg. I currently have two Tivos on my network named TDVR and TDVR2 each with static IPs. TDVR is an older series 3 two tuner box and TDVR2 is a Roamio. Using the tabs, I can see programs listed on both units so I'm basically connected to them but when I select the Season Passes tab, there is a drop down selection box to select a particular Tivo but the box only shows/allows TDVR2 to be selected.

So naturally I wonder why I can't see the Season Pass list from TDVR?
Do you have your tivo.com user and password set? kmttg can't get Season Passes from a series 3 directly and has to go through the TiVo Middlemind server.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #6566
moyekj

As lpwcomp mentioned, you have to set your tivo.com username + password in kmttg Tivos tab in order for series 3 units to show up for Remote tabs.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #6567
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks moyekj!

Any interest in the added feature I mentioned earlier about a way for kmttg to move or copy a sp into a new sp with having to save a the sp list, modifing the file and then reloading and coping? I could see it very useful for when people move into new locations and have a different provider.
Not really too motivated by it to be honest as changes in providers are not that common and there is the manual method you used to get it done (tedious as it is). Perhaps just documenting what you did and serving up as a Wiki would suffice for now.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #6568
gmcc

lpwcomp

"Do you have your tivo.com user and password set? "

moyekj

"As lpwcomp mentioned, you have to set your tivo.com username + password in kmttg Tivos tab in order for series 3 units to show up for Remote tabs. "

That absolutely was the only problem and so it was a dumb question. I can barely believe I've played with this s'ware off and on for quite a time and never noticed this! Thanks guys!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #6569
gmcc

The UID/PW was clearly part of the problem but now when I try to refresh the Season Pass list on the series 3 the log/exchange window shows

>> RUNNING 'REMOTE Season Pass List' JOB FOR TiVo: TDVR
RPC error response:
{
"text": "middlemindError",
"cause": {
"text": "Failed to get body capabilities for tsn:6520001806389BF : bodyConfigSearch failed for tsn:6520001806389BF: Request 'bodyConfigSearch' tsn:6520001806389BF: PostString failed: Curl error: a timeout was reached (28). Url: http://204.176.49.42:8085/mind/mind7?type=bodyConfigSearch&bodyId=tsn%3A6520001806389BF",
"code": "remoteMindUnavailableError",
"type": "middlemindErrorCause"
},
"code": "middlemindError",
"type": "error"
}

And of course I have no idea what is causing that to happen? I verified my tivo.com log in by logging in to it just now and network control is enabled on the series 3 in case that might matter.

However it appears that the season pass list showed up after a little time anyway so maybe this error business is only related to a single entry or such?
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #6570
rocket777

can't modify todo with added beginning time

I have a show in my todo list which I first added extra time to the beginning and end.

Once this takes effect, I am unable to (in kmttg) change the beginning time back to zero. It accepts the modify, says it changed it on the tivo, but the added time to the beginning remains set.

I can change the amount of time, say from 10 minutes to 5 minutes, but cannot set it to zero.

I can change the ending extra time back to zero, however.

I restarted the program and refreshed the todo list and still could not change the extra beginning time. I then waited a day and tried this on a new show scheduled in the todo list and was able to repeat the problem.

I can go to the tivo and change it there, however. I have a 4 tuner roamio.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote