TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars coming to Netflix streaming

I just read that the final season of the show will be coming to Netflix streaming March 7th. The last season never aired on TV. There are 13 episodes.

Along with this, Netflix will also have The Clone Wars movie and all past seasons.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I just read that the final season of the show will be coming to Netflix streaming March 7th. The last season never aired on TV. There are 13 episodes.

Along with this, Netflix will also have The Clone Wars movie and all past seasons.
And apparently some director's cuts that were never aired as well.
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
timr_42

Quote:

I guess this will make me finally pulll the Netflix trigger.
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
whitson77
Director Level

Does it wrap up the Asoka storyline? I could not find that. Really good series.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like tin but for the golden glade. Do not take risks that you cannot return to the encapsulation. Margaret has not the stranding.
Wasn't there another Clone Wars animated series that predated this one? What was the difference in the titles between the two? How do you tell them apart, and does one overwrite the other, or are both valid as far as Star Wars continuity goes?

Also, why in the world would the final season of the series not get aired?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post
Wasn't there another Clone Wars animated series that predated this one? What was the difference in the titles between the two? How do you tell them apart, and does one overwrite the other, or are both valid as far as Star Wars continuity goes?

Also, why in the world would the final season of the series not get aired?
There was a Clone Wars movie that was basically the pilot to the TV show. They then had the series that was on Cartoon Network.

I had read that they always made the show like 2 years in advance. I guess they had this last season done and then the show got cancelled. Instead of tossing the show in the trash, Netflix paid some cash and will have it. I'm not sure if Disney buying Star Wars is why the show got cancelled??

There is a new Star Wars cartoon coming in the fall called Rebels.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
There was a Clone Wars movie that was basically the pilot to the TV show. They then had the series that was on Cartoon Network.

I had read that they always made the show like 2 years in advance. I guess they had this last season done and then the show got cancelled. Instead of tossing the show in the trash, Netflix paid some cash and will have it. I'm not sure if Disney buying Star Wars is why the show got cancelled??

There is a new Star Wars cartoon coming in the fall called Rebels.
Don't forget there was the drawn animation Clone Wars that predates the computer animated one. I have no idea about 'continuity, but these short episodes were pretty awesome. I greatly enjoyed them. Very little talking, a lot of action.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Don't forget there was the drawn animation Clone Wars that predates the computer animated one. I have no idea about 'continuity, but these short episodes were pretty awesome. I greatly enjoyed them. Very little talking, a lot of action.

I completely forgot about those. I actually have that on DVD. It is the only Clone Wars I own.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
It's here.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
It's here.
It actually showed up Friday. I already watched 6 of the 13 episodes and so far they've been good. Just reminds me how much I despise CN for canceling all their good action shows and replacing them with crap.

On a unrelated note, I watched this on the Roamio Netflix client. For the first episode, it automatically went to the next episode, minimizing the screen during the credits. For future episodes it did not, it just went back to the episode list I played an old season 5 episode and it too wanted to go to the next one automatically. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out why, but I wish it was consistent.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
morac
Cat God

Quote:
I completely forgot about those. I actually have that on DVD. It is the only Clone Wars I own.
I checked and I have volume 1 of this on DVD as well. There is virtually no continuation between that show and the CGI one, with 2 exceptions:

1. Ventress was introduced in the original animated series. Her general back story is the same, though this series fleshed her out much more.
2. General Grevious's coughing throughout the 3rd film is a direct result of something that happens in the final episode. Actually the final episode of the first series shows Grievous capturing Papaltine, which leads directly into the opening scene of the 3rd film. Of note this series actually aired before Revenge of the Sith came out.

Other than that, there really was no continuation between that series and the newer one.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
reddice

Already watched the movie and started the series. I was watching the series on CN but then stopped because I had too many of them DVR'ed. Now I can watch them without commercials the way they suppose to be.
reddice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
It actually showed up Friday. I already watched 6 of the 13 episodes and so far they've been good. Just reminds me how much I despise CN for canceling all their good action shows and replacing them with crap.

On a unrelated note, I watched this on the Roamio Netflix client. For the first episode, it automatically went to the next episode, minimizing the screen during the credits. For future episodes it did not, it just went back to the episode list I played an old season 5 episode and it too wanted to go to the next one automatically. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out why, but I wish it was consistent.
Disney'a fault this time instead of Cartoon Network. This was canceled to make way for their new cartoon, Rebels, after they bought Lucasfilm.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #14
billypritchard
Embiggener

My kids started watching this weekend. Four episodes down, 95 to go!