TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Weird issue creating season passes on Romaio Pro

Last night my wife watched My Grandmother's Ravioli on the Cooking Channel and tried to create a season pass for it. After the show ended, she did a search, found the show, and saw that "view other showings" showed no upcoming shows despite the fact that another episode would be on in a few hours. Because of this she was not given the option of creating a season pass.

Next, she scrolled through the guide, found the show, and clicked "select" on the remote. Once again, the "view other showings" list was empty and it was not possible to create a season pass.

At that point, she got me involved and I successfully created a season pass for it on tivo.com. It was set up the next time my Roamio called home as expected.

I've been a TiVo user for 13+ years and have never experienced this before. I thought this was perhaps an intermittent issue, but I just tried looking at "view other showings" for this show again now and the list is still blank even though the season pass has been successfully created.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, how did you address it?
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
cherry ghost

Just tested, seeing same thing.

FYI, "View other showings" is airings of the same episode. Explore --> Upcoming gives all upcoming episodes, but that's also missing along with Season Pass option.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
supasta

Odd. I had this same issue last week while trying to set a Season Pass for the upcoming show Sirens. It happened to me exactly as you described it.

I was able to schedule the SP using TiVo.com.

That reminds me, the premiere is today. I ought to check the SP!

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

It's at least good to know I'm not crazy. Since the search for shows is no longer confined by the guide data residing on the TiVo as it was with previous generations, I wonder if this is a TiVo server side issue?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

It also looks like a similar issue is being reported on the TiVo support forums here.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

The response I got from TiVo support, which seems kinda useless:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your lineup concerns.

In some cases the broadcaster may not provide us enough information for the TiVo box to recognize it as a repeat program, whereas it will display online. This is something we can certainly report and have updated soon.

Please continue to use reference number ######-###### for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
Millionaire2K

I had this same problem today. I went to set a season pass and when I selected the show in the guide it said no upcoming shows.

To fix the problem I removed the ch from my lineup and put it back.

I was then able to set the season pass as you would expect.

I hope Tivo is aware of this glitch.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
I had this same problem today. I went to set a season pass and when I selected the show in the guide it said no upcoming shows.
I've seen this occasionally if the show is at the limits (12 days out) of the guide data. Sometimes it takes an hour or two for it to index or whatever it does. So the show won't show in certain places. After a couple of hours everything is okay.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #9
Millionaire2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I've seen this occasionally if the show is at the limits (12 days out) of the guide data. Sometimes it takes an hour or two for it to index or whatever it does. So the show won't show in certain places. After a couple of hours everything is okay.
Yeah but that was not the problem. I would click a show that will air in 1 hr to get a season pass and it would say no upcoming episodes. It would not even show the one I selected to get into the create a season pass screen.

But if I select to rec just the 1 episode im on and not try for a season pass it would let me.

Also it showed 8 upcoming episodes in the next day in the guide. When I would select 1 and try for a season pass it would say "no upcoming shows" not even the one I just selected from the guide would show up.

I then even selected "create a wishlist". Doing this it auto created it. But then it would not find any shows to rec even when 8 were about to air.

Also I have NEVER taped this show.

I have had Tivo for almost 8 years and never had this problem.

As I said I solved it by removing and re-adding the ch.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
As I said I solved it by removing and re-adding the ch.
Did you just go to the channel list and deselect/reselect the channel in question? I thought I tried that and it didn't make a difference.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #11
Millionaire2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
Did you just go to the channel list and deselect/reselect the channel in question? I thought I tried that and it didn't make a difference.
Yup. I removed it, selected done. Went to the guide to confirm it was gone. Then I went back in and re-added the ch. Went back to the guide and once again tried to create a SP and it worked on all shows I tried Vs. none b4.

Last edited by Millionaire2K : 03-10-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Yup. And it fixed it.
What show was this?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #13
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Yup. I removed it, selected done. Went to the guide to confirm it was gone. Then I went back in and re-added the ch. Went back to the guide and once again tried to create a SP and it worked on all shows I tried Vs. none b4.
Thanks, I'll give that another shot.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
humbb

I've been trying to set up a Season Pass for "MLB Preseason Baseball" on MLBN and I'm getting nowhere. MLBN is showing about 5 games every day (some on delay), but there is no SP option when I Explore and Search doesn't find any instances of the program.

I tried removing and then adding back MLBN to the channel list with no effect on the problem.
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote