TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
javabird

What is causing the Automatic Shut off?

New Roamio Pro owner here, trying to get used to the smaller remote. I must be hitting something on the remote that is making my TV shut off, but I can't figure out what it is. Suddenly I see on the TV a message "Shutting off in 3 minutes" and a count down, then at the end the TV shuts off. I can't figure out how to disable it (and I don't know what I hit to activate it)!

Anyone have any ideas? I have a Panasonic TV.
javabird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
mrizzo80

I'd look thru your TV (not TiVo) menu settings to see if there is some sort of inactivity timeout that is turning off your TV to save power. Nothing on the TiVo remote would trigger this.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Some tv's have an auto-shut off if they think there is no signal and/or after a certain timeframe of no activity. The roamio's remote is not IR, so the tv isnt seeing any remote activity and is trying to shut off

I have a panansonic plasma and it has these functionalities... You'll need to look through the tv's menus to adjust the settings.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
RichieR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
I have a panansonic plasma and it has these functionalities... You'll need to look through the tv's menus to adjust the settings.
That's what the problem was from my mom's setup. I had to change it under menu/setup/ECO power saving
RichieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieR View Post
That's what the problem was from my mom's setup. I had to change it under menu/setup/ECO power saving
Thank you! I looked through my TV settings and didn't realize that was turned on.
javabird is online now   Reply With Quote