TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Pytivo push protected once it uploaded

Why is it that the content I push up to my Tivo's is copy protected once it's one the Tivo as in I can't MRV to another Tivo or Stream it OOH?

It's as if the copy once flag was set yet these AVI's and MPG's that I had on my network and simply uploaded using pyTivo. Some of these are just personal recordings off my camcorder which I digitalzed to the PC to store.

Only thing different is these files uploaded have corresponding meta data tag files which is something I working on right now to get my recordings that are off line to the Tivos organized.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

just pull it instead, the flag will not be set.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Why is it that the content I push up to my Tivo's is copy protected once it's one the Tivo as in I can't MRV to another Tivo or Stream it OOH?
The TiVo sets the copy prohibited flag on pushes, by default. We don't know how to turn it off, if it's even possible to do so. (Back in the day, there supposedly was a TiVoCast -- just one -- that successfully petitioned to get the flag turned off, for them. But I never saw this.) So, yeah, the bit about the copyright holder asking for it is BS; it's TiVo that does it, indiscriminately.

As to why, that's also a good question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Thanks, yes pull works fine.

Just for the best, Don't want no one pirating my home movies!! LOL!
TiVo Premiere

Old 03-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
jcthorne

Just wish there was a way to remotely tell the TiVo to initiate a pull. Such as a kmttg command to do so rather than from the TiVo menu and TV display.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

In playing around with push and seeing it's limitations can someone explain the difference between the copy once flag for say example a premium movie channel and the more inclusive copy protection that the push from pyTivo get's set which I presume is similar to that of a Amazon movie purchase (not a expiration of a Amazon movie rental.

I'm very disappointed that the movie purchases from Amazon can't be played/streamed from the Mini which I believe is the same as when content is pushed from pyTivo.

Bear in mind, my cableco just introduced the copy once flag for premium channels which totally caught me by surprise and it wasn't until recently that even tried pushing videos from kmttg despite having used it for several years so up to now I have been spoiled I guess.

With only recently dealing the copy once flag recently I'm just curious about the technical differences, am I bad to consider a method of using a PC based HDMI capture solution to archive to content of my premium channels assuming I figure out a way around the HDCP issues or is further discussion of such frowned on around here?
TiVo Premiere

Old 03-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
I'm very disappointed that the movie purchases from Amazon can't be played/streamed from the Mini which I believe is the same as when content is pushed from pyTivo.
No, pyTivo-pushed content is streamable (just not transferrable). I don't think it's any different than the copy-once flag.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote