TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Can you still use MRV (Transfer Shows) between an S3 and Premiere Elite?

For some reason my MRV won't work between EITHER of my Series 3's and my Premiere Elite. All I get is a screen saying that it will "transfer as soon as other shows in the Que are finished" or some such thing. Happens on both S3's and yet I can transfer between the two Series 3's no problem or from the Series 3 to the Elite no problem. Just can't transfer from the Elite to the Series 3's... Anyone else having this problem or can suggest a fix?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Go to the ToDo list and see if there are any transfers listed, highlight any and press CLEAR. Next, restart the Tivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Yeah, as ThAbtO says, try clearing out pending transfers. If that doesn't work try restarting the box. I had this happen once when I scheduled several movie transfers from a Premiere to an S3HD. I did a restart because it was stuck in the middle of one of the transfers.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
So far restart clears the blue light, but it still thinks it has a pending transfer. This is now happening on both of my Series 3's. They can MRV to each other just not from the Elite.

I seem to recall unplugging everything from the network for an extended period and rebooting the router is supposed to clear it. I'm trying that now.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
A J Ricaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
So far restart clears the blue light, but it still thinks it has a pending transfer. This is now happening on both of my Series 3's. They can MRV to each other just not from the Elite.

I seem to recall unplugging everything from the network for an extended period and rebooting the router is supposed to clear it. I'm trying that now.
Did you unplug the Premier's power for 15 sec. and plug it back in again? Just unplugging from the network may not be enough.
A J Ricaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Ricaud View Post
Did you unplug the Premier's power for 15 sec. and plug it back in again? Just unplugging from the network may not be enough.
Yes. Unplugged from power and the network.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
MrMolding

I have two S3 boxes that can no longer see my Premier XL. They can see each other and the Premier can see them, but they can not see the Premier. I've done all of the obvious rebooting on all boxes and unplugged everything. I'm about to try the suggestion to turn off MRV for a few days. Any solution yet?
MrMolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMolding View Post
I have two S3 boxes that can no longer see my Premier XL. They can see each other and the Premier can see them, but they can not see the Premier. I've done all of the obvious rebooting on all boxes and unplugged everything. I'm about to try the suggestion to turn off MRV for a few days. Any solution yet?
Did you reboot all routers and make sure their firmware is up-to-date?
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Okay. Finally! It's working again. The problem appears to have been with the Premiere and not with either of the Series 3's. Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Unplugged Power and Network cables

2. Rebooted Router

3. Plugged in Power and Network cables

Tip: Start up one transfer at a time and wait for it to complete before scheduling another one. Multiple requests or canceling a transfer in the middle seem to screw it up.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #10
MrMolding

Not sure what else to try here. I have reset everything, disabled MRV for a few days, assigned static IPs, and ironically there was a power failure in my home today. So yet another reset did not work. My series 3 and 2 boxes can not see my premier xl. They can all see each other and the premier can see them, but they can not see the premier. This has worked for me flawlessly for years and now things all of sudden stop.
Then I see something about with the release of the tivo stream that you need multicast enabled but that is not an option on my router. Is this somehow related to the release of the stream product?
MrMolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Okay. Finally! It's working again. The problem appears to have been with the Premiere and not with either of the Series 3's. Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Unplugged Power and Network cables

2. Rebooted Router

3. Plugged in Power and Network cables

Tip: Start up one transfer at a time and wait for it to complete before scheduling another one. Multiple requests or canceling a transfer in the middle seem to screw it up.

Huh. It's baaaack… So far none of my fixes have worked. Do we have any more information on this since 2012?

Last edited by bareyb : 03-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
And it worked the second time. Hopefully nobody else is having this problem, but unplugging the Network cable and power from the Premiere, then rebooting your router, and then powering up the Premiere will get it working again and allow transfers to your Series 3 TiVos. At least for a couple of years anyway.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
steve614
what ru lookin at?

This is a somewhat common problem that has nothing to do with any particular model Tivo.

I have two TivoHDs and an S2, and the problem you describe happens to me once in a while, and rebooting the entire network usually fixes the problem.

IOW, you're not special.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
This is a somewhat common problem that has nothing to do with any particular model Tivo.

I have two TivoHDs and an S2, and the problem you describe happens to me once in a while, and rebooting the entire network usually fixes the problem.

IOW, you're not special.
The truly sad part is I'd forgotten I ever posted this. I went searching for an answer and found my own post.