TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #6511
christheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
@christheman, best way is to make "mysmallprogram" a script where you can define the name of the output file yourself and then setup kmttg custom command to use that script with just input file given as an argument. If "mysmallprogram" is not a script of some sort you can still make it a script and call your original intended command within the script.
Yeah, that sounds easy enough. I can just make a script to support that.

Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #6512
plamumba

Ok, thanks. I'll have to ponder whether I might find that useful. Thanks for all your work and time.

Quote:
Season Premieres looks for any not previously aired epsiodic show airing 1st episode of any season. i.e. The idea is to find season premieres of new shows or season premieres of existing shows airing in next 12 days for a set of channels that you configure to look at. My guess is others probably don't use it much since it's a little complex to setup in a useful way, but it's one of my most used Remote functions and how I find and schedule any/all new shows.

plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #6513
christheman

@moyekj I went ahead and just wrote a CMD "batch" file. I like how KMTTG waits and confirms my batch script's exit codes before it moves on to each next file. Perfect! From that I am able to chain together an entire sequence of post-events for each TS file I QSF, more than I had expected to do at this point.

Thanks again!
Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #6514
Joe Siegler

Can kmttg be used to force a service call on a connected TiVo box? If so, how?

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #6515
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Can kmttg be used to force a service call on a connected TiVo box? If so, how?

I use it when the Roamio fails to download and hitting this feature seem to restart the server.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmttg-c.jpg (37.9 KB, 272 views)

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #6516
Joe Siegler

Tkx!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #6517
rpk113

java error

I keep getting this error

RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.11.8, port=1413): [sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unkno wn Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:189), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:151), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:566), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

Its a TiVo premiere 4, updated java windows 7

and this is on my premiere

>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: Living Room
RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.11.125, port=1413): [sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unkno wn Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:189), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:151), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:566), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

Funny thing is, my tivoHD is fine..
rpk113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #6518
moyekj

rpk113, you must be running older version of kmttg using an expired RPC certificate - update to latest version of kmttg.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #6519
wireman121

Anyone else having an issue where, with VideoReDo set to autosave on exit after reviewing the cuts, it is adding a 001 to the end of the filename instead of saving over the original file? Or is this working as designed?
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #6520
moyekj

If the kmttg "cut dir" is configured same as "mpg dir" then kmttg expects to see a file with "_cut.mpg" or " (01).mpg" at the end, so you shouldn't use the VRD autosave on exit if it's adding 001.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #6521
rpk113

Quote:
rpk113, you must be running older version of kmttg using an expired RPC certificate - update to latest version of kmttg.
Did the trick.. thank you sir!!!
rpk113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #6522
wireman121

its the .vprj file that's getting the 001 added to it, after reviewing the cuts. if I click file save itll save as vprj but if I just close and have it set to save on exit then its adding the 001.vprj.
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #6523
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
its the .vprj file that's getting the 001 added to it, after reviewing the cuts. if I click file save itll save as vprj but if I just close and have it set to save on exit then its adding the 001.vprj.
I'd say bring that up in VRD forum.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #6524
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

I have not gotten caught up on this thread so I apologize if this issue has been brought up already, but lately when trying to delete shows from my TiVos using kmttg I get this error: RemoteInit - (IP=myip, port=myport): Received fatal alert: certificate_expired

I'm still using version V1P0E and it's been fine for ages. Any thoughts on why this is happening all of a sudden?

I did restart my TiVos and re-booted my iMac to see if that would clear things up and I'm still getting it. I am able to do everything else (as far as I can tell) as normal.

Thanks!

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #6525
moyekj

See a few posts above - you need to update kmttg (use Help->Update kmttg).

Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #6526
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I'm running v1p0p and today got the same error message:

Code:
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE Keyword Search' JOB FOR TiVo
RemoteInit - (IP=, port=): Received fatal alert: <UNKNOWN ALERT: 17>
[sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:195), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:157), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:577), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
Not a big deal, I just re-ran the search again and it worked, but thought I'd mention that it's happening for me in the current version.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #6527
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

That's a slightly different message. HeatherA's message specifically said certificate_expired, while your message said <UNKNOWN ALERT: 17>
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
I'm running v1p0p and today got the same error message:

Code:
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE Keyword Search' JOB FOR TiVo
RemoteInit - (IP=, port=): Received fatal alert: <UNKNOWN ALERT: 17>
[sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:195), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:157), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:577), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
Not a big deal, I just re-ran the search again and it worked, but thought I'd mention that it's happening for me in the current version.

A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #6528
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I was mostly referring to rpk113's post and moyekj's solution to update, though admittedly assumed that HeatherA's was a similar problem.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #6529
moyekj

That's a different problem. For Search and Guide functions, even though the RPC calls are directed at a specific unit, that unit then contacts middlemind.tivo.com to do the search (instead of using local guide data), and on occasion the middlemind server fails. As was noticed by ALbino, usually repeating the search it will work, unless the TiVo servers are giving you the infamous C133 error.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #6530
moyekj

v1p0q version released

New version released with AtomicParsley job related changes/fixes plus some minor enhancements. See release_notes for details.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #6531
tonynunan

I have an issue with one recording that stops at the same point each time I try to transfer it to my PC, it plays through that point on the Tivo, but there is a video glitch at that point.

I see that the 'resume download' option gets turned off for Premiers 4s - is this because they wont accept the http Range modifier, or for some other reason? ( I tried using the Range modifer, but it does seem to ignore it, if I have the syntax correct.)

Does anyone know of any other way to download past that point in the recording, or is the only way to record the output whilst the tivo is playing the file?
tonynunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #6532
moyekj

Series 4 and later TiVos no longer accept range modifiers. If you have more than 1 TiVo, set pause point after the glitch and transfer from there to TiVo 2, then you can download the remainder of the show from TiVo 2 and stitch both segments back together on your PC.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #6533
tonynunan

I was afraid of that, thank you for the swift reply.
tonynunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #6534
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Anyone else seeing this MindUnavailable error?

Code:
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: TiVo HD
RPC error response:
{
   "text": "middlemindError",
   "cause": {
      "text": "Error sending recordingSearch with bodyId tsn:nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to the middlemind: Error sending request recordingSearch to localhost:2193 : Timed out waiting for mind rpc message",
      "code": "remoteMindUnavailableError",
      "type": "middlemindErrorCause"
   },
   "code": "middlemindError",
   "type": "error"
}
REMOTE job completed: 0:00:11
---DONE--- job='REMOTE NP List' TiVo=TiVo HD
(running the most recent kmttg, FWIW)
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #6535
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Anyone else seeing this MindUnavailable error?

Code:
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: TiVo HD
RPC error response:
{
   "text": "middlemindError",
   "cause": {
      "text": "Error sending recordingSearch with bodyId tsn:nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to the middlemind: Error sending request recordingSearch to localhost:2193 : Timed out waiting for mind rpc message",
      "code": "remoteMindUnavailableError",
      "type": "middlemindErrorCause"
   },
   "code": "middlemindError",
   "type": "error"
}
REMOTE job completed: 0:00:11
---DONE--- job='REMOTE NP List' TiVo=TiVo HD
(running the most recent kmttg, FWIW)
Yes, seeing it here too.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #6536
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I saw that earlier this morning, as well. I just figured TiVos middlemind server was down or something. It didn't prevent me from doing what I wanted, so I ignored it.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #6537
Joe Siegler

Having a problem since I installed the update from a couple of days ago. Note that almost everything I transfer works fine. Unclear if it's new to this version, or just something I never ran into before. Yesterday, the server transferred a program from my TiVo, and tried to run the options I usually run on these transfers, which are:
  • Metadata
  • Decrypt
  • Ad Cut

It handles this in the background. Noticed when I got to the computer, one of the shows didn't finish properly. The _cut file was not there. So OK, I thought perhaps it was a hiccup, deleted everything except the original .tivo file, and tried again. Same problem. Didn't think much of debugging it, as I was busy last night, but it happened again this evening with one the shows my TiVo recorded. I've never had (well, I don't think I have) this problem before yesterday, which was the reason I thought perhaps it was related to the v1p0q update.

Anyway, this is what I was trying to get processed:

2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).TiVo

The automated transfer had the same problem as before. It didn't finish properly. These are the files it leaves behind in the directory after it fails:

j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).ac3
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).edl
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).m2v
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).mpg
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).TiVo
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).txt
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).mpg.qsfix
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT).mpg.Xcl
j:\TiVo\2 Broke Girls - And the Near Death Experience (Recorded Mar 03, 2014, KTVTDT)_cut.mpg.txt

I dumped the errors from the msg box at the bottom of the program into a text file. As it's somewhat large, I'm not pasting it here, I'll attach it as a file to my post here.

Any ideas here? I just tried downloading the "p" version and am doing the same thing there to see if it's new version related or not. Will report back if that version is successful.

Edit: It wasn't. The "p" version did the same thing as "q". It would get to 23% on the remux, sit there for a REALLY long time, then go to 24%, and then throw all the errors that are in the file attachment here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip error.zip (5.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Joe Siegler : 03-03-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #6538
moyekj

ffmpeg is having buffer underflow issues remuxing the audio + video. Try a newer version of ffmpeg such as this.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #6539
Joe Siegler

Quote:
ffmpeg is having buffer underflow issues remuxing the audio + video. Try a newer version of ffmpeg such as this.
Do I need anything more than the main executable here? I looked in the kmttg directory structure, there is just ffmpeg.exe - but this link you gave me has a truckload of other stuff in there.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #6540
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Do I need anything more than the main executable here? I looked in the kmttg directory structure, there is just ffmpeg.exe - but this link you gave me has a truckload of other stuff in there.
Easiest thing to do is unzip the whole package somewhere and then in kmttg config change path to ffmpeg.exe to where you unzipped it. You could probably get away with just copying ffmpeg.exe, but for purposes of testing to see if it helps its best to just keep it separate from kmttg installation.