TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Silly Burrito

Any way to get RSS working on Roamio?

Just installed my new Roamio last night, and everything looks pretty good, but from what I understand, there will not be any updates to the page at https://www.tivo.com/tivo-tco/go.do?...webvideos.page, and RSS videos aren't being added to the Roamio via that page.

That's really a shame because one of the ideas behind the Roamio was to mix my OTA with Netflix/Hulu/Youtube and get podcasts downloaded too. Is there any alternative for doing so, or any way to get Tivo to update that page and add feeds from Revision3 or other newer sources?
Silly Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
mattack

Just sanity checked that I still have web videos going to my Roamio.

It's sort of more obvious and less obvious than it was before (yes, both).

You can now simply do a regular search and find web videos that way. You can ALSO then use the Explore to download past episodes. So the UI is slightly more consistent with the rest of the Tivo UI.. (I still think it's slightly annoying that web video "season passes" don't appear anywhere else.. Putting them in a separate section always at the end of the regular SP manager might make sense.. just to have some UI for them to easily find them/change them.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Silly Burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Just sanity checked that I still have web videos going to my Roamio.

It's sort of more obvious and less obvious than it was before (yes, both).

You can now simply do a regular search and find web videos that way. You can ALSO then use the Explore to download past episodes. So the UI is slightly more consistent with the rest of the Tivo UI.. (I still think it's slightly annoying that web video "season passes" don't appear anywhere else.. Putting them in a separate section always at the end of the regular SP manager might make sense.. just to have some UI for them to easily find them/change them.)
Just curious, as an example, how would you do this with something like Cordkillers? I just tried a search, and it didn't pop up as a wishlist item. I'd like to subscribe to this: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VideoCordkillersPodcast. Are you able to find this using your method?
Silly Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote