TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #61
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Yeah... it took me a while to realize that about Almost Human. I want it to be mind-blowingly awesome and instead it's solid and entertaining and more watchable than it should be.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #62
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
No love for The Tomorrow People? I don't know how closely this version parallels earlier ones, but the story arc intrigues me.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #63
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Me too. Except for the actress that played Sally, I preferred "Being Human" US actors to the UK ones. I bailed this season though.
I prefer Sally (US) over Annie (UK) and Nina (UK) over Nora (US) and have no preference for any of the other characters.

I've moved my SP down on the priority list and I'll delete it and stop watching if an episode gets missed.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #64
pkscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
No love for The Tomorrow People? I don't know how closely this version parallels earlier ones, but the story arc intrigues me.
Some of the names are the same. And the title. That's about it. The 70's (or was it 80's) BBC original will always have a nostalgic place in my heart, but I bet if I were to go back and watch it again I would cringe. The movie/pilot from the 90's had a completely different origin story. I also like the story arc on the new one. It remains to be seen if enough people agree for it to continue.

Somewhat unrelated, I watch it on Hulu+ because our CW station is still in 480i. I don't know how many people make that choice, but I always wonder if shows like this suffer when the audience you want to grab wants to watch it in HD.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #65
nyny523
Oy

NOOOO, not Nashville!

I LOVE Nashville!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #66
Todd
Stig Twins are Here!

I really hope they don't can Trophy Wife. We enjoy it. We also really enjoyed Hostages, but I'm not sure where that show goes from here. And some bizarre reason, I kinda like Dads. One show that desperately needs to be put out to pasture is 2.5 Men....

"Money is fungible, no?" - Turtleboy
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote