TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2014, 01:14 AM   #1
DEC2955

UltraViolet Player?

While the newer boxes support NETFLIX can I suggest adding UltraViolet (aka: VUDU / CinemaNow / Flixster / Target Ticket) app to the system to stream these cloud based movies??
DEC2955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

I'd love to see a VUDU app. Not just for UV but also for movie rentals.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
richbrew
TiVo Fan

+1 I would love this. Especially if it would allow a download then watch option in addition to streaming. I've suggested it in a few of the monthly surveys from TiVo.
richbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
This would be a GREAT addition to TiVo.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Chris Gerhard

Download and play with Vudu on TiVo like available with Amazon Instant Video would be a nice addition but I am afraid the Vudu DRM requirements aren't met and it will never happen. I do have two players that can do this, PS3 and an LG BD590 so it isn't a big issue for me.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
bootman_head_fi

I'll be happy with just HD streaming of VUDU if storing them locally is going to be such an issue.
bootman_head_fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #7
DEC2955

I have been told that the VUDU store/streaming works on a Linux based system running the Opera Browser.. wonder what it would take to get the Opera Store to offer a VUDU app?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
en sabur nur

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrew View Post
+1 I would love this. Especially if it would allow a download then watch option in addition to streaming. I've suggested it in a few of the monthly surveys from TiVo.
So have I. It would be great if there was a unified purchasing system for ALL of my digital purchases. It's difficult to build a LARGE digital library when it is spread across multiple platforms (iTunes, Amazon, Xbox etc). After awhile, you will lose track of where some of your content is. Also, some of these corporations WILL go out of business or get out of the business over the coming years/decades, what happens to all of that content you paid for?
en sabur nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by en sabur nur View Post
So have I. It would be great if there was a unified purchasing system for ALL of my digital purchases. It's difficult to build a LARGE digital library when it is spread across multiple platforms (iTunes, Amazon, Xbox etc). After awhile, you will lose track of where some of your content is. Also, some of these corporations WILL go out of business or get out of the business over the coming years/decades, what happens to all of that content you paid for?
You have perfectly explained why I'll only buy stuff from vendors who have no DRM or such pitiful DRM that systems exist to easily strip it. I don't want to organize my media based on where I bought it - that's idiotic and irritating. Imagine a public library with all the books organized based on where the library got them :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
en sabur nur

[quote=tomhorsley;10027164]You have perfectly explained why I'll only buy stuff from vendors who have no DRM or such pitiful DRM that systems exist to easily strip it. I don't want to organize my media based on where I bought it - that's idiotic and irritating. Imagine a public library with all the books organized based on where the library got them :-).[/QUOTE
I hear you. I think I will only purchase disc-based content.
en sabur nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
mpack

I'm never never never going back to cable for my TV service (unfortunately I don't have a choice if I want internet). UltraViolet on TiVo would make it the best product for cord cutters. Until they add an UltraViolet service, alternative options like Roku, PlayStation, and Xbox, etc. will be appealing to many.

I've also put in requests to VuDu to get on TiVo. I recommend that many of you interested in UVVU also do the same since you need both TiVo and the streaming service provider to make it happen.
mpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #12
malverde

+1

This would be huge!
malverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:38 AM   #13
DEC2955

Still would like to see this app added to TIVO!