TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

"About a Boy","Growing Up Fisher" are repeats tonight, not new eps 2/25/14

Both Growing Up Fisher and About a Boy are supposed to be airing episode two tonight. Guide says it, all online sites confirm it. Instead, it appears NBC is going to rerun the pilot episode of each. Which only aired a couple days ago, and are available at NBC.com.

Way to piss off new viewers, NBC. Can you do nothing right?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
astrohip
Stuart F

Oh, forgot to add, I'm guessing when they run the actual 2nd episodes next week, our DVRs won't record them, thinking they are repeats. Be prepared for manual tweaks.

Can you do nothing right, NBC?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #3
unitron

Not to mention, that since they ran the pilots after live shows in which I had no interest so that the real start time was "whenever", they sort of made them TiVo-impractical, unless I wanted an extra hour or two of end padding taking up hard drive space, and showed no signs of re-airing the pilots in a regular slot, I figured they didn't really want me as a viewer of these shows.

Now I've found out the pilots were going to be available in a "normal" slot, but by keeping that information from disseminating far enough ahead of time, they've still managed to lose me.

I wish I were stupid enough to make big bucks as a network exec.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 AM   #4
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Oh, forgot to add, I'm guessing when they run the actual 2nd episodes next week, our DVRs won't record them, thinking they are repeats. Be prepared for manual tweaks.

Can you do nothing right, NBC?
ach, you're right! Glad to have this forum for such things; I'll go check my TiVo now.
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
59er
TiVotee

I found this out when I went to watch these eps last night; out of concern for the mislabeling leading to missed recordings in future, I've temporarily changed both season passes to record "everything." If I eventually get episode 2 and 3 without issues, then I'll switch back to New only.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #6
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59er View Post
I found this out when I went to watch these eps last night; out of concern for the mislabeling leading to missed recordings in future, I've temporarily changed both season passes to record "everything." If I eventually get episode 2 and 3 without issues, then I'll switch back to New only.
Oops, glad you posted this. I had changed it to "New & Repeats" but you're right - N&R would just get repeats that the TiVo hadn't recorded yet. The next episode showing in the guide is still Ep. 3. Hopefully that will be 'fixed' very soon!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Not to mention, that since they ran the pilots after live shows in which I had no interest so that the real start time was "whenever", they sort of made them TiVo-impractical, unless I wanted an extra hour or two of end padding taking up hard drive space, and showed no signs of re-airing the pilots in a regular slot, I figured they didn't really want me as a viewer of these shows.
Actually, they aired in the time slots they were supposed to.. I almost said "exactly", but since I pad almost everything by a minute in either direction, I won't go that far.

The prime time Olympics was all edited, so ended on time.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
MPSAN

This was a pain! The next thing you know is that NBC will get rid of Leno.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
laria
Librocubicularist

My TiVo had the upcoming airings flagged as new, because all my season passes are set to new only, and they are scheduled to record.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:27 AM   #10
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
My TiVo had the upcoming airings flagged as new, because all my season passes are set to new only, and they are scheduled to record.
Good news - thanks!