TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #31
Devx

For those using the collection, remember that there are new shows premiering all the way into November for the fall season so it may be necessary to keep it around for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes the "Remote" tab has all kinds of things RPC related - well beyond what the iOS/Android apps can do. Basically almost everything useful I found that can be done via RPC is there in some form or another.
Definitely well above and beyond the apps. I may need to give kmttg a try, the season premiere feature sounds especially useful.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #32
dave13077

How do you cancel a collection? I have tried all the menus and for the life of me can't figure it out. I went into the collections menus and I can't find a way to cancel the new fall shows collection.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #33
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13077 View Post
How do you cancel a collection? I have tried all the menus and for the life of me can't figure it out. I went into the collections menus and I can't find a way to cancel the new fall shows collection.
They're at the bottom of the Season Pass Manager.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #34
Icarus

The "New Shows" collection doesn't have anything upcoming. Why did they stop updating that one? It recorded anything that was "new". (ie, not a rerun).

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #35
waynomo
My One Time

There's something called Midseason Premiers. Would that do it?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #36
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I'm subscribed to that one too. by the name, it seems like it will only get you the first new show not all of them, like the old "New Shows" did. but I don't see any way of telling.

"New Shows" was great. Wish they would keep updating it.

-David
Old 03-05-2014, 03:27 AM   #37
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Despite the name, it does seem to be recording "new" episodes, not just the first one. That's good.

-David
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #38
Icarus

now that one is dead Every few months I have to search on how to find collections again. There's no summer replacement yet. If anybody notices one, please post it here.

-David
Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #39
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
now that one is dead Every few months I have to search on how to find collections again. There's no summer replacement yet. If anybody notices one, please post it here.

-David
I was hoping there would be one for the new summer shows, and I've also been checking the "What's New" collection, but nothing yet. Last night I noticed the pilots for 2 new shows I've been anticipating didn't show up in What's New (Crossbones and The Night Shift).

I have a Wish List for keyword: Pilot that does not auto-record and I'm still relying on that and then manually add SP for shows. I tried adding a keyword "2014" but it didn't work for some reason because then nothing showed in the list at all for some reason.

Last edited by javabird : 05-28-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #40
Marron

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Not many people realize this feature exists, and since we're likely to see a lot of people moving up from S3 units, where the feature wasn't available, to the Roamio I thought I'd start a thread about it.

In the Browse section there are these things called Collections. These are lists of programs based on various criteria, some of which are actually maintained by real humans. These collections can be setup to auto-record just like a Season pass.

This time of year there is a collection for New Fall Shows. By setting it to auto-record you'll get all the new shows without having to manually keep track of when they start, what night they're on, what channel they're on, etc... If you decide you like a show it's easy to add a real SP for it from the My Shows list. (you can even do this from a remote TiVo or Mini)

Typically what I do is I set up the collection to record. By November I decide which shows I like and set SPs for them, then I cancel the collection. It works great for discovering new shows without having to wade through the guide or keep track on a website like Futoncritic.
Didn't know about this. THANKS!
Marron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #41
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post
I was hoping there would be one for the new summer shows, and I've also been checking the "What's New" collection, but nothing yet. Last night I noticed the pilots for 2 new shows I've been anticipating didn't show up in What's New (Crossbones and The Night Shift).
I had hopes when I first saw this "What's New" collection but it isn't kept updated at all. Very disappointed. If this is meant to be a "curated" list then the curators aren't paying attention. (I've seen lots of other collections pop up over the summer but the "What's New" section unfortunately appears to be dormant.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #42
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post

I had hopes when I first saw this "What's New" collection but it isn't kept updated at all. Very disappointed. If this is meant to be a "curated" list then the curators aren't paying attention. (I've seen lots of other collections pop up over the summer but the "What's New" section unfortunately appears to be dormant.
They should come out with a new one soon that includes the new shows coming out over the next few months.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #43
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatt View Post
Is there a way to get the year added to the keyword "pilot" wishlist? That way it only finds only this years new shows. Otherwise you get a long list of shows about airplanes or their operators as well as new shows/reruns going back many years.
Just use pilot/premiere record 'new only'.. then you'll only get a few wrong, for shows without guide data.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #44
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Just use pilot/premiere record 'new only'.. then you'll only get a few wrong, for shows without guide data.
Great idea.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #45
Icarus

Quote:
"pilot" worked pretty well for me.

"premier", not so great .. lots of "new" "premier league" soccer games.

Thanks for the suggestion.

With a few additions/changes to wishlist programming we wouldn't need the collections for new fall and spring shows. (Also some additions like being able to include ratings for movies would be great.)

-David
Old 08-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #46
mattack

premiere, not premier.

I use both words, in an 'or' type wishlist.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #47
Icarus

Quote:
premiere, not premier.

I use both words, in an 'or' type wishlist.
duh on the spelling. Thank you.

I had to look up the OR thing, use thumbs down to make both title keywords optional, I think that did it.

Thanks again.

"pilot" worked for Legends last night on TBS.

-David