TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
abigail99

Is it possible that this does not exist?

I cannot figure out how to do this, yet I cannot believe it can't be done. I want to create a season pass that includes both new and repeats, keeping a max of 10 episodes, but I don't want new episodes to be overwritten by repeats. So for example, I have a season pass for Chopped. Every time there is a Chopped marathon, it overwrites all my new episodes with repeats. It seems like the only thing I can do is monitor it until I have 10 episodes, then change the season pass to new only, then back to new & repeats when I've watched a few and want to build back up to 10. Am I missing something?
abigail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
kdmorse

Many tivo's ago, I did something like this by creating two Wishlists. One that included only new episodes, Keep at Most All. The other included reruns, Keep at Most 10. And I positioned the "New" one above the "All" one in the season pass manager. And it worked.

I haven't done it in a long time, and the behaviors have changed subtly over time, so no guarantees. But it's worth futzing with...
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
RusRus

I was under the impression that if you set the total to 10 then once you reach that amount of shows stored no more would be added until you deleted one.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRus View Post
I was under the impression that if you set the total to 10 then once you reach that amount of shows stored no more would be added until you deleted one.
It depends on if you have it set to Keep Until I Delete or not. If it's set to KUID, it works as you describe. If not, when there are ten (or whatever you have that set for) recordings, the oldest recording gets deleted when a new episode is recorded
Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #5
RusRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
It depends on if you have it set to Keep Until I Delete or not. If it's set to KUID, it works as you describe. If not, when there are ten (or whatever you have that set for) recordings, the oldest recording gets deleted when a new episode is recorded
Thanks for the clarification. I always KUID.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
abigail99

Ooh, kdmorse, I think you might be on to something! What a good idea, I'm going to give it a shot for sure. Thanks!

RusRus the problem is that I always want the new ones, so I want them to overwrite the repeats until, taken to the extreme, there would be 10 new episodes.

Last edited by abigail99 : 02-25-2014 at 05:30 PM.
abigail99 is offline   Reply With Quote