TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
rijowysock

any way to get 4 tuners to work on time warner

they tell me (time warner) that they only have capability for 2 tuners.. is it possible to rig something up to get all 4 tuners to record/work?
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
tatergator1

Do you actually have a TiVo hooked up and can only get two tuners? Or, are you being told by customer service that TWC can only do 2 tuners at once. Over the last several months, it seems like most TWC regions have updated to the latest firmware for both CableCard and Tuning Adapter.

Bottom line, don't listen to customer support. There are probably thousands of TiVo Roamio's on TWC systems doing 4 and 6 tuners right now.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
sjsaliba

TWC 4/6 Tuners

I have TWC Central Ohio and Tivos with 4 & 6 tuners use M-cards you can request from TWC.
sjsaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
tarheelblue32

Whoever told you that is wrong unless they were just saying that their own DVR's only have 2 tuners. I have a Roamio Plus with a CableCard and Tuning Adapter on TWC right now and all 6 tuners work.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
59er
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Whoever told you that is wrong unless they were just saying that their own DVR's only have 2 tuners. I have a Roamio Plus with a CableCard and Tuning Adapter on TWC right now and all 6 tuners work.
Ditto.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:25 AM   #6
AAinCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59er View Post
Ditto.
Ditto seconded. TWC in Los Angeles; all 6 tuners work.
AAinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
rijowysock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsaliba View Post
I have TWC Central Ohio and Tivos with 4 & 6 tuners use M-cards you can request from TWC.
ill check what i have, only 2 of mine work right now.. and the tivo says "your system can only support 2... is this ok?"

i'll call back, do i need a new tuning adapter and cable card or just a new card?
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
ill check what i have, only 2 of mine work right now.. and the tivo says "your system can only support 2... is this ok?"

i'll call back, do i need a new tuning adapter and cable card or just a new card?
The tuning adapter should have very little impact on the number of tuners your TiVo can utilize simultaneously. It's almost certainly a CableCard issue.

Is your TiVo the 4-tuner Roamio model? Is your CableCard a Motorola or a Cisco? What firmware version is your card running?

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 02-27-2014 at 07:41 PM.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post

Certainly a new cable card (they've been legally required to issue at least 4 tuner cablecards for quite some time), but there are old tuning adapters out there also that might need to be updated.