TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #6481
steeleno12

Thank you ThAbtO for your directions on how to create the file.
steeleno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #6482
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleno12 View Post
So, I went ahead and created the file, put it in the Encode folder.

I went ahead and ran another TiVo recording through kmttg with the settings:
Decrypt
Encode using the profile I created

I then tried to play that file on the WD TV Live SMP and unfortunately when I tried to play it the screen just went to black and there is just a spinning orange arrow.

So in addition to no audio, I now have no video when playing.
Quoting from WD TV specs:

Code:
File Formats Supported
Video - AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9, FLV (h.264)
Photo - JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG
Audio - MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
Playlist - PLS, M3U, WPL
Subtitle - SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, SMI

Note:

MPEG2 MP@HL up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
    MPEG4.2 ASP@L5 up to 1280x720p30 resolution and no support for global motion compensation.
    WMV9/VC-1 MP@HL up to 1280x720p60 or 1920x1080p24 resolution. VC-1 AP@L3 up to 1920x1080i30, 1920x1080p24 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
    H.264 BP@L3 up to 720x480p30 or 720x576p25 resolution.
    H.264 MP@L4.1 and HP@4.1 up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution.
    An audio receiver is required for multi-channel surround sound digital output.
    Compressed RGB JPEG formats only and progressive JPEG up to 2048x2048.
    Single layer TIFF files only.
    Uncompressed BMP only.
    For details, please refer to the user manual. 

File Formats Not Supported
Does not support protected premium content such as movies or music from the iTunes Store, Movielink, Amazon Unbox, and Vongo
You could try any of the other profiles that output to .mp4.

If all those fail and you are using Windows and have VideoReDo TVSuite. Have VRD make a DVD from the video file, but don't burn a DVD, just set it to go to a folder. Use VRD to open the video file from DVD folder and save as another .mpg. Since WDTV supports DVDs as well, VRD should remux the video and audio to DVD specs.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 02-15-2014 at 07:15 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #6483
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Running v1p0p on my Win8 desktop. When I hit the 'refresh' button to get the NP List from my TiVoHD, I get:

Quote:
--Done-- job='REMOTE NP List TiVo=TiVoHD
followed by

Quote:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #6484
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Running v1p0p on my Win8 desktop. When I hit the 'refresh' button to get the NP List from my TiVoHD, I get:

followed by
Sounds like same problem as user a few posts above. In kmttg config-Tivos tab if you have "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" turned on for a series 3 unit which doesn't support it, then turn it off.
If that's not it then please post the full error message + stack trace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #6485
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sounds like same problem as user a few posts above. In kmttg config-Tivos tab if you have "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" turned on for a series 3 unit which doesn't support it, then turn it off.
If that's not it then please post the full error message + stack trace.
Curious. "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" is unchecked (no iPad here).

I just started kmttg and did a refresh and didn't see the error.

I found the command to "save all messages to file" -- what else do I need to do, in case I see the error again?

At one point last night, I discovered I accidentally had two instances of kmttg running at once. Could that have been the cause of the error?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #6486
Soapm

I don't know if this is the same as above but I don't have IPad checked either but I am getting this error retrieving the NPL from a Series 4 Tivo.

Quote:
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: Other
RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.0.191, port=1413): [sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unkno wn Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:189), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:151), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:566), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
I originally thought it was the mind server down or something but this has been happening for a few days now and it's not allowing me to delete shows etc... And I don't get the series episode information for my recordings.

Thanks...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #6487
Soapm

Never mind, updating to the latest Java and kmttg fixed my error. Next tie I'll do that first.

Thanks...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #6488
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Curious. "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" is unchecked (no iPad here).

I just started kmttg and did a refresh and didn't see the error.

I found the command to "save all messages to file" -- what else do I need to do, in case I see the error again?

At one point last night, I discovered I accidentally had two instances of kmttg running at once. Could that have been the cause of the error?
For series 3 units if you provide kmttg your tivo.com login and password then it will try and retrieve extra NPL information by contacting middlemind.tivo.com. My guess is a temporary TiVo server outage may have caused the problem.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #6489
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
For series 3 units if you provide kmttg your tivo.com login and password then it will try and retrieve extra NPL information by contacting middlemind.tivo.com. My guess is a temporary TiVo server outage may have caused the problem.
I was just thinking about how long it took me to actually try using you wonderful program, and am still kicking my own butt for not trying it sooner. I'd mistakenly assumed it needed to be "installed", as opposed to just being something that stands-alone.

Anyway, maybe a new feature you could add could be a button to check and see if "mind.tivo.com" is responding and what the ping-time is... Perhaps having it as an optionally automatic option, with green/yellow/red indicator to give the status would increase the amount of users of kmttg, and maybe increase donations for such already great software...

Thank you for making this software, and for the support you give (which is better than the support many paid programs give).
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #6490
dvdvids

Newbie kmttg questions... I'm able to connect to tivo roamio, even use Remote, download etc.
1) I see a Web tab -- what is this for? says your url will be executed in internal tivo server! how do I get there? I enter a URL and press Execute, I see nothing!
2) In Remote tab, before drop down (netflix/youtube) 'Launch App:' is disabled/greyed out!.. how can I enable it?

Thanks!
dvdvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #6491
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdvids View Post
Newbie kmttg questions... I'm able to connect to tivo roamio, even use Remote, download etc.
1) I see a Web tab -- what is this for? says your url will be executed in internal tivo server! how do I get there? I enter a URL and press Execute, I see nothing!
2) In Remote tab, before drop down (netflix/youtube) 'Launch App:' is disabled/greyed out!.. how can I enable it?

Thanks!
Have you enabled "Network Remote Control" on your TiVo?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #6492
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
We were having horrendous problems connecting with the net in general that day -- many attempts at connecting timed out before we could reach the sites -- so that may have been the source of the problem.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #6493
moyekj

Quote:

Thanks!
Read the tooltips which tell you what most things do. Web tab is for launching web pages on your TiVo. That has limited value right now though as there's really not good way to navigate around pages with arrow keys as there used to be prior to recent TiVo software updates. There is some navigation using Q,A,W,S keys on Slide remote (or pointing kmttg at Remote tab then using your keyboard), but still very limiting.

As far as things being greyed out, series 3 or earlier units are not supported for a lot of things, so depending on the TiVo you have selected in pulldown list certain things may be greyed out. For a Roamio, all functionality should be available. If you see things greyed out it's likely because you have a series 3 unit selected in the pulldown.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #6494
dvdvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Have you enabled "Network Remote Control" on your TiVo?
Yes!

Quote:
Read the tooltips which tell you what most things do. Web tab is for launching web pages on your TiVo. That has limited value right now though as there's really not good way to navigate around pages with arrow keys as there used to be prior to recent TiVo software updates. There is some navigation using Q,A,W,S keys on Slide remote (or pointing kmttg at Remote tab then using your keyboard), but still very limiting.

As far as things being greyed out, series 3 or earlier units are not supported for a lot of things, so depending on the TiVo you have selected in pulldown list certain things may be greyed out. For a Roamio, all functionality should be available. If you see things greyed out it's likely because you have a series 3 unit selected in the pulldown.
I saw the desc on tooltip. My question is... how do I see that browser page? do I need to be in some page (Apps & Games)?
Or the execute button will automatically trigger web page coming up while I'm watching TV?

Reg. greyed out, I'm only accessing Roamio via knttg
Old 02-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #6495
moyekj

Quote:
I saw the desc on tooltip. My question is... how do I see that browser page? do I need to be in some page (Apps & Games)?
Or the execute button will automatically trigger web page coming up while I'm watching TV?
It starts the web page on the TiVo itself, so you'd have to be watching the connected TV.

Quote:
Reg. greyed out, I'm only accessing Roamio via knttg
That's odd then. If you go to kmttg config-Tivos tab the "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" option should be turned on for that TiVo (if not then turn it on manually). It should happen automatically unless you have a special TSN of some sort. What are the first 3 digits of the unit's TSN? (Don't post here if it's a beta unit by any chance).

Old 02-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #6496
dvdvids

Quote:
It starts the web page on the TiVo itself, so you'd have to be watching the connected TV.

That's odd then. If you go to kmttg config-Tivos tab the "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" option should be turned on for that TiVo (if not then turn it on manually). It should happen automatically unless you have a special TSN of some sort. What are the first 3 digits of the unit's TSN? (Don't post here if it's a beta unit by any chance).
Thanks! I'm getting closer.. slowly
Enable iPad style..' setting enabled that option.
How do I get to 'connected TV'
Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #6497
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
How do I get to 'connected TV'
It means it will show up on the TV that is connected to that Tivo.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #6498
dvdvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It means it will show up on the TV that is connected to that Tivo.
So, I restarted and tried it again and it works! woohoo

Quote:
That has limited value right now though as there's really not good way to navigate around pages with arrow keys as there used to be prior to recent TiVo software updates. There is some navigation using Q,A,W,S keys on Slide remote (or pointing kmttg at Remote tab then using your keyboard), but still very limiting.
Indeed... this seems limiting!
I don't have a Side. Now, how to navigate using kmttg's remote tab/keyboard? nothing seems to work!
Also, does flash work? I tried a olympics url.. video did not load or able to select
Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #6499
moyekj

Quote:
Indeed... this seems limiting!
I don't have a Side. Now, how to navigate using kmttg's remote tab/keyboard? nothing seems to work!
Also, does flash work? I tried a olympics url.. video did not load or able to select
No, the TiVo browser doesn't support any flash. With kmttg Remote tab and Remote sub-tab (with the remote buttons in it) showing and with mouse focus when you press keys on your keyboard they will be passed along to the TiVo. So, Q,A,W,S keys for example let you navigate web pages in a limited way (such as to select links to follow). It's not much use for general purpose browser and more intended for developing your own html5 pages to run on a TiVo in which you can build proper native TiVo remote button support.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #6500
dvdvids

Quote:
No, the TiVo browser doesn't support any flash. With kmttg Remote tab and Remote sub-tab (with the remote buttons in it) showing and with mouse focus when you press keys on your keyboard they will be passed along to the TiVo. So, Q,A,W,S keys for example let you navigate web pages in a limited way (such as to select links to follow). It's not much use for general purpose browser and more intended for developing your own html5 pages to run on a TiVo in which you can build proper native TiVo remote button support.
I see. Guess that is how 'Enter Webz' is implemented.

So to try non intensive web pages, I went to this current thread/page but I'm unable to do scroll or page up/down

Also, how come kmttg does not simulate Q,A,W,S keys?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #6501
moyekj

Quote:
I see. Guess that is how 'Enter Webz' is implemented.

So to try non intensive web pages, I went to this [url="http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10014684"]
Also, how come kmttg does not simulate Q,A,W,S keys?
Huh? As I explained above you can use your keyboard for those keys once you point kmttg to the virtual remote.

I think you probably are misunderstanding what this is doing. This is not an HME application like Enter Webz where kmttg is controlling the application. This is simply starting up a URL on the internal TiVo Opera Browser. After you've launched the URL kmttg is not in the picture at all as far as interfacing with the browser. i.e. The application is the TiVo Opera Browser running on the TiVo itself.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #6502
dvdvids

Quote:
Huh? As I explained above you can use your keyboard for those keys once you point kmttg to the virtual remote.

I think you probably are misunderstanding what this is doing. This is not an HME application like Enter Webz where kmttg is controlling the application. This is simply starting up a URL on the internal TiVo Opera Browser. After you've launched the URL kmttg is not in the picture at all as far as interfacing with the browser. i.e. The application is the TiVo Opera Browser running on the TiVo itself.
got it.. thanks!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #6503
AudioNutz

Kevin,
For quite some time now, I noticed that KMTTG leaves TONS of NPL-blah-blah-blah.tmp and cookie-blah-blah-blah.tmp files in the KMTTG directory. I clean them up from time to time, but every day they're back. Thousands of them.

What are these for? Is there any way to avoid these, or put them in an actual Windows temp directory?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #6504
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
Kevin,
For quite some time now, I noticed that KMTTG leaves TONS of NPL-blah-blah-blah.tmp and cookie-blah-blah-blah.tmp files in the KMTTG directory. I clean them up from time to time, but every day they're back. Thousands of them.

What are these for? Is there any way to avoid these, or put them in an actual Windows temp directory?
They should all go to Windows %TEMP% dir and should mostly get deleted. Example:
"C:\home\kmttg java testing\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --cookie-jar C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie6702686982288296991. tmp ......

If you open a "cmd" window and type the following it will show you where %TEMP% dir is:
set TEMP

If you are using auto transfers and didn't configure the kmttg service to run using your account instead of the system default that could be the problem.

Additionally the files are created using Java File.createTempFile and even kmttg attempts to delete them when no longer in use, but even when that fails, once you exit kmttg they should also be deleted by Java unless you have crashes or other abnormal events.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-19-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #6505
AudioNutz

Quote:
If you are using auto transfers and didn't configure the kmttg service to run using your account instead of the system default that could be the problem.
Ah ha! That's what it was. I think it's better now!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #6506
plamumba

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I did not find any discussion using the (unimpressive) search function at this site.

What exactly is the "Season Premieres" tab in kmttg? Is it truly for season premiers as it says, or will it search for new shows (air date on or after today's date) regardless of whether the season itself is premiering? Or maybe I should ask if there is a way to search for programs with a first aired date on or after today's date. The tivo guide will have a "new" by such programs from what I can tell. Thanks for any help.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #6507
moyekj

Season Premieres looks for any not previously aired epsiodic show airing 1st episode of any season. i.e. The idea is to find season premieres of new shows or season premieres of existing shows airing in next 12 days for a set of channels that you configure to look at. My guess is others probably don't use it much since it's a little complex to setup in a useful way, but it's one of my most used Remote functions and how I find and schedule any/all new shows.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #6508
christheman

To moyekj, thanks again for all the updates.

I have one quick question. On the Custom Commands, I have a small command line program which I would like to try to get KMTTG to run, after it is done running VideoRedo QSF. I am interested in having a command line that does this:
Code:
c:\mysmallprogram input.ts output.ts
and in KMTTG it might look like this
Code:
"c:\mysmallprogram" [mpegFile] [mpegFile]suffix
The command prompt "input.ts" file argument is simply replaced with a 1st instance of KMTTG syntax "[mpegFile]".

The "output.ts" file would obviously need to have a slightly different name since it will go into the same Windows directory. I would be okay with just appending a suffix to a 2nd instance of "[mpegFile]", so that it reads something like "[mpegFile]suffix".

What would be the correct syntax for me to do that in KMTTG, and would the [mpegFile] argument cover ".ts" files?

Thanks
Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #6509
mglutz

Quote:
My guess is others probably don't use it much since it's a little complex to setup in a useful way, but it's one of my most used Remote functions and how I find and schedule any/all new shows.
I find it very useful and it's one of the features I too use most often. Thank you for the effort to keep updates coming.
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #6510
moyekj

@christheman, best way is to make "mysmallprogram" a script where you can define the name of the output file yourself and then setup kmttg custom command to use that script with just input file given as an argument. If "mysmallprogram" is not a script of some sort you can still make it a script and call your original intended command within the script.