TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Malguy

Question C133 question

Hi,

First some background then my question to the people reading this post.

I live in Western Washington state, in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I setup and installed my TiVo Roamio on 1/15/2014 and everything was fine for about 3 weeks. Then on or around 2/06/2014 I started receiving C133 errors almost daily, at least 4 days per week, at different times while trying to create a season pass or when selecting “What to Watch Now”. I reported this issue, via email, to TiVo support and they offered the following suggestions, 1) un-plug then plug in the TiVo box and un-plug and plug in my gateway/router/modem, after everything resets force a connection to the TiVo service, 2) verify that my TiVo is configured properly and that the recommended ports are open. I have performed both of these tasks but the problem still exists.

My question to you is; is this error, C133, just something that I should get used to and learn to live with, or is there a solution that you found.

I have read several posts that refer to this same issue, occurring around the same time, but the folks at TiVo support say that the issue was resolved. It appears to have been a problem on their end.

Malguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Most of the time it is Tivo servers fault whenever it is down. Series 3 and earlier boxes does not use these servers so they never get this error. Premiere and Roamio use this server for things like the discovery bar on top and other things, even though Netflix and youtube does not use these servers, they get affected as well and no access.

If you have done resets on your Tivo, router, and modem and the error C133 still remains, it is Tivo's servers fault.

I have had a number of C133 on my Roamio and only once was my router's fault.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

^^ what ThAbtO said.
a C133 is " I can't reach the Tivo mothership to check on things like status"
Most recently this has been issues on the Tivo side of the equation, but it's more than possible that it's a problem on your side if you're having a network issue.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Most of the time it is Tivo servers fault whenever it is down. Series 3 and earlier boxes does not use these servers so they never get this error. Premiere and Roamio use this server for things like the discovery bar on top and other things, even though Netflix and youtube does not use these servers, they get affected as well and no access.

If you have done resets on your Tivo, router, and modem and the error C133 still remains, it is Tivo's servers fault.

I have had a number of C133 on my Roamio and only once was my router's fault.
My OTA-only 4-tuner Roamio was getting C133 errors intermittently for a while last night. I didn't reset anything because I assumed it was TiVo's servers acting up. Maybe they were overloaded for some reason.

A C133 error wouldn't bother me 95+ pct of the time IF the software would just throw the error message up into the discovery bar area and immediately continue with more important business. But incompetent programming causes everything to hang for a while until the attempted server access times out. That's irritating.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
wenfeen

Question Premier.Time Capsule.N Adapter.C133 issue

Using a Time Capsule router directly connected to my modem which is at a distance from the Premier; when checking the signal strength it shows as "excellent".
The Premier is set up to use the TC 5 gz setting & the N Adapter has been reset to use the 5 gz. All network names are the same.
Prior to using the TC router I rarely had a connection issue on my Premier, but now at least once or twice a day we have a C133 message, even though our programs usually record properly.
It seems as though I'm constantly doing hard resets on the Premier & N Adapter. All our other wifi devices are working fine. I live in MA, using Fitchburg Comcast. I've gone into Settings & "reconnected". Even have "changed the network settings" even though they are the same.
I'm frustrated & wonder if there is something I can do at my end to fix this. Sometimes our network settings show the network connected, other times we receive a "fail" message.
Might creating a static IP help, and how does one do that? I've tried before but seem to be doing something wrong. I hope someone has an idea.

Last edited by wenfeen : 03-15-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
wenfeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

After you had done all the router, modem, Tivo resets, reconnects, re-logins and still get the C-133, then its not the fault on your end but at Tivo Servers. There is nothing else you can do. Tivo will still record and play back recordings but when it tries to get the discovery bar, it times out.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
wenfeen

Thanks for the quick reply. Let's hope Tivo gets it fixed. It's only happening on the Premier, not the two HD Tivo boxes.
wenfeen is offline   Reply With Quote