TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
consumedsoul

TiVo.com crazy slow

Just want to make sure it's not just my account, anyone else experiencing really slow loading (minutes or time out) browsing through TiVo.com (to do, season pass, web videos etc.)? It's been like this for weeks it seems like so not temporary web/server maintenance by them etc.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
markwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumedsoul View Post
Just want to make sure it's not just my account, anyone else experiencing really slow loading (minutes or time out) browsing through TiVo.com (to do, season pass, web videos etc.)? It's been like this for weeks it seems like so not temporary web/server maintenance by them etc.
Yep, for me too. I gave up using it.
markwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
consumedsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwill View Post
Yep, for me too. I gave up using it.
Chatted w/ support:

"Niles: I can definitely address this issue with you. At the moment we are still updating that, but hopefully we will be seeing an update to fix those soon."

I asked what the scope of the issue is...

"This can take quite a while to recover and correctly link all web sites to hyperlinks. No final ETA yet though."

I asked if they can post ETA/status somewhere...

"Niles: I completely understand and I personally would like an ETA for it. However, they just don't have an official one yet."
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumedsoul View Post
Chatted w/ support:

"Niles: I can definitely address this issue with you. At the moment we are still updating that, but hopefully we will be seeing an update to fix those soon."

I asked what the scope of the issue is...

"This can take quite a while to recover and correctly link all web sites to hyperlinks. No final ETA yet though."

I asked if they can post ETA/status somewhere...

"Niles: I completely understand and I personally would like an ETA for it. However, they just don't have an official one yet."

Here is my version of that conversation:

1. I cannot help you with this issue.
2. I have no idea what is wrong.
3. I have no idea when it will be fixed.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
consumedsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post

Pretty much.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Devx

It is slower than some other sites I visit but it has never timed out. I used it just a few days ago for activation and then more recently to transfer SPs. When copying SPs, it popped up a 'loading' message for what seemed like 15 seconds and then I was able to proceed.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

I had this problem a long time ago. I contacted a TiVo rep that use to frequent this forum. I gave him complete access to my account and after a couple of days he did something on their end to fix it. Ever since it's still been slow, taking 20+ seconds to log in, but it's never timed out or taken 2+ minutes like it use to. I have no idea what he did to fix it, and he no longer frequents this forum (may not even work at TiVo any more) so I can't even ask.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post

Yeah, but think what they save in Customer Service Representative Salaries being able to give answers like that!

And I'd bet you that everything they are measured on (quickly answering the call, etc., ) still shows the CSR doing an excellent job. Awards all around!
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
keenanSR

The site has been slow as heck for quite awhile now in my experience, I'm talking a couple of months at least. I usually do something on another tab until the TiVo site finally loads - never times out - just takes forever.

And it will give me an error when switching from one TiVo to the other, I have to reload the page.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
gothaggis

yep, it's been slow for months. There really is no excuse.
gothaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
berg0449

It was ok for speed for me until they redid the website recently. Now a lot of the tivo website is useless. I get a lot of timeout, extremely slow loading, or just errors.
berg0449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
keenanSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg0449 View Post
It was ok for speed for me until they redid the website recently. Now a lot of the tivo website is useless. I get a lot of timeout, extremely slow loading, or just errors.
That's when it started for me as well, it looks as if they started to update parts of the website and when that happened the site got really bad.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg0449 View Post
This. Now it's painful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #14
headless chicken

The new tivo.com is absolutely worthless. Pages time out more often than not. Surely they must be aware of what an epic failure the redesign was??
headless chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I never have pages time out, but it is still glacially slow....pathetic for a technology company...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
steve614
what ru lookin at?

TiVo must be using the same people that built the government health care site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
TiVo must be using the same people that built the government health care site.
If that were the case it wouldn't work. TiVo.com might be slow, but I don't have any issues getting to anything on the website.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
tim1724

Slow is one thing. But I often get "We're Sorry. We are having technical difficulties" error messages when doing simple things like looking at My Shows or My To Do List.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
Slow is one thing. But I often get "We're Sorry. We are having technical difficulties" error messages when doing simple things like looking at My Shows or My To Do List.
Don't get those messages....but very slow.

XL4
Old 02-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #20
RSCHOON

This is a huge issue in my opinion, it's painfully slow to the point of being almost unusable. How can this even be in this day and age?

I would rather they stopped trying and just integrated with tvguide.com or something. I put my TiVo credentials in there and just use that to search and then send the record commands to my TiVo box from there.

Basically, this site is a complete embarrassment to the company right now.
RSCHOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #21
marklyn

I'm on the bandwagon too. The website should compliment the Tivo service, especially when they are intertwined.
I've all but given up on the website too, which is a shame, because it really does reflect on Tivo. This is especially true for potential customers, like me, who were almost turned off by visiting the site and seeing how slow it was before I bought into Tivo.

Really Tivo, you can fix this. Just do it.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #22
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I think they just wanted it to match the speed of a Premiere...

XL4
Old 02-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
rogmatic

I think they want you to use the app instead - which is generally better anyway. I liked looking at the top picks on the website to see if there were any new shows I needed to record, but otherwise the app is easier to navigate.
rogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmatic View Post
I think they want you to use the app instead - which is generally better anyway. I liked looking at the top picks on the website to see if there were any new shows I needed to record, but otherwise the app is easier to navigate.
The only app I know about only works from inside your home network. Is there another app that works outside your home, from the internet?
MOCA
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
The only app I know about only works from inside your home network. Is there another app that works outside your home, from the internet?
Yes, the same app that works from INSIDE your home network but with a few limitations. You can still schedule recordings, edit your SP list, view guide info, see what's on your My Shows list, search for shows, etc.

And, I agree -- the app is MUCH easier to use than the Web site.

XL4
Old 02-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #26
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yes, the same app that works from INSIDE your home network but with a few limitations. You can still schedule recordings, edit your SP list, view guide info, see what's on your My Shows list, search for shows, etc.

I don't use the app because of the fact that it doesn't work outside of your home network. If it did, then that would be a different story.
MOCA
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
I don't use the app because of the fact that it doesn't work outside of your home network. If it did, then that would be a different story.
It DOES work outside your home network; I use it all the time when I'm at work....OUTSIDE my home network. Have you ever tried using it outside your home network? Plenty of people will tell you the same thing -- it definitely DOES work. As I said, there are a couple limitations, but I outlined above what the app can do OUTSIDE your home network...I've scheduled recordings, deleted recordings, modified recordings, edited my Season Pass list, searched for shows, checked what's on with the guide. It's plenty useful OUTSIDE my home network...

XL4
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #28
marklyn

Quote:
It DOES work outside your home network; I use it all the time when I'm at work....OUTSIDE my home network. Have you ever tried using it outside your home network? Plenty of people will tell you the same thing -- it definitely DOES work. As I said, there are a couple limitations, but I outlined above what the app can do OUTSIDE your home network...I've scheduled recordings, deleted recordings, modified recordings, edited my Season Pass list, searched for shows, checked what's on with the guide. It's plenty useful OUTSIDE my home network...
It just goes to a 'searching for TiVo boxes..." and then comes up with a message stating "Not connected to Wireless Network", which I am, outside of my home.
Behind that error box, I can see that it says " No compatible Boxes found.
No compatible Tivo boxes were found. This may be because you are away from your WiFi network"

Not sure what's going on here.
MOCA
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #29
mattack

Did you ever set it up for out of home use? You have to do that once on your network..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #30
mattack

Quote:
I haven't used the web site for things like this, but the app has a lot of the same kinds of problems the Tivo's native interface has.. if you try to do a view upcoming and go back, or go into the details of ANY show then back... you're back at the top of the list, not where you
were..

SIGH.. (Yes, I'll write this up at forum.tivo.com)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote