TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Tivo service commitment changed to lifetime?

I have a few months left on a Premiere service contract paying monthly. I would like to buy lifetime for it and end the contract, has anyone been able to do this?

Online it shows I can't change service until the end of the contract time but I hoping to talk to Tivo customer service to see if such is possible.

Has anyone been able to do such or am I wasting my time to try? Any suggestions on how to do this? I just transferred a new Roamio to my old cheap HD monthly plan ($6.99 monthly) and have a Mini on the way which I plan to get lifetime for it. Do I have any leverage?
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

You can buy the lifetime sub now, but TiVo probably won't apply it until the commitment period is over. You'll just have to call to find out. Maybe you'll get a CSR who is sympathetic to your situation.

I think you do have some leverage with the purchase of new equipment, but you should wait to use it.
Wait until the commitment on the Premiere is up before you ask for lifetime for it.
When it is time, you'll have some power in negotiating the discount (does TiVo want to get a little more something out of you or do they want $0.00). If your Premiere has been in service for at least 3 years, ask for the $99 lifetime deal. Less than 3 years, you'll probably only be offered $199 (still better than $399).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Grakthis

I was offered the 199 on a premiere that was in service for 2 years and the 99 on an S3 that was in service for, uh, 7 I think.

YMMV, but the premiere wasn't worth it to me. Not a great box. But I took the offer on the S3.
Grakthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

I just activated my Mini with lifetime so I will wait a couple months when the Premiere 's commitment is up and see what I can get. My wife is going to kick me if I spend any more this month on Tivos since I upgraded to the Roamio and mini this month so I better watch it...
TiVo Premiere

Old 02-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

I just bought a Roamio with the advisory panel discount code. They let me transfer the $99 yearly MSD plan that was grandfathered on my Premiere to the new Roamio.
They said nothing about the Premiere so i threw out "what can you do me for Lifetime on the Premiere", they offered me $199 lifetime on my 3yo Premiere that had just re-up'd yearly 12/20/13. I didn't feel like arguing or playing CSR roulette so I took the deal.
Having Lifetime on the Premiere opens me selling the $87 TiVo HD with $99 Lifetime and a 2TB HDD to recover some cost of the Roamio.

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Kishore

I have Tivo HD with $6.95/month- I have a choice of transferring that to another box or converting to lifetime of $99.

Does it make sense to transfer to say another Tivo box/Roamio and later can that be converted to $99 lifetime?

Curious if others have done that?

Regards,
Kishore
Kishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
I have Tivo HD with $6.95/month- I have a choice of transferring that to another box or converting to lifetime of $99.

Does it make sense to transfer to say another Tivo box/Roamio and later can that be converted to $99 lifetime?

Curious if others have done that?

Regards,
Kishore
Sure especially since you get the cheaper mostly rates as the new boxes have a higher monthly rate now. I got my new Roamio transfered to my old HD for the same monthly you described, I have a Premiere that I would love to get lifetime on but I will have to wait a few more months until it's contract is over.

Nice part is that the my new Roamio is that it doesn't have a service commitment and it's locked in under the old monthly rate which you typically can't get, as it's either $12.99 with a one year commitment or $19.99 with no commitment.

The new TiVo monthly fees are nuts! I believe they are encouraging more people to buy lifetime service as it's becoming a better deal, I plan on buying it more emails Roamio when money permits.

It appears to get the $99 lifetime offer, you have to have had monthly service for at least 3 years on the TiVo you are trying get lifetime on.
TiVo Premiere

Old 02-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
Kishore

Thanks..Got you...now I need to get Roamio plus/pro discounted
Kishore is offline   Reply With Quote