TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo NZ/Australia
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
sarahfoxnz

Suggestion for new functionality ?

Is TIVO Australia still interested in suggestions ? or do we need to suggest it to Tivo USA ?

Basically, its a new function within TIVo - regarding the KIDS-ZONE.

In the current system, you cannot easily see at one glance & ADJUST things in the same screen, which programmes are watchable by kids.

You need to go to the adult area, switch to kids-zone, switch back to adults (& password), & adjust another, & go back to kids-zone etc...

You can only see at a glance if you go out of "adult" mode & into the kids area & then ONLY view the kids shows that have already been recorded / stored. you can't see at a glance, any future-recordings that will be available in kids zone.

What I am thinking of (in the full list of recorded shows, & also the season pass screen)

is

:- a new button - Ie, press "9" to switch to the regular view, & "7" to switch to the kids-zone view. (on both the above screens).

REGULAR/NORMAL VIEW :-

From TIVO CETRAL, click :- "Now playing list".

you will see a list of all the movies / TV shows etc you have recorded. you can press "2" to group them, or ungroup them into season passes.

on this screen, is the same as the existing one - you see the Yellow circles, yellow with exclamation marks, Green circle for the ones you want to keep etc.

KIDS VIEW (wishlist)

Now, press "9" to switch to kids-view.

You will STILL see *ALL* your "adult" shows, & nothing will change - EXCEPT, the yellow / green circles will disappear.

In the place of the green/yellow circles, it will be blank, or show the kids-zone icon/circle if that particular show is viewable in the kids-zone.

You can now press another key (just "4" as an example), & switch a show between adult/kids zone in one click.

using this method, you can easily scroll up/down your shows and quickly add/remove shows fro9m the kids-zone.

(also same system for the season pass / wishlist search screens.)

QUESTION :-

Would the above system seem better / faster than the current method ?

(from my perspective, I need to go into a programme - with 2-3 sub-menus, to enquire / switch a specific show to/from kids zone.

Question:

I doubt we will need to buy / upgrade our TOVO's - If the Australian company wants, they can do this centrally & add new functionality, & we'll all get it the next time we connect - right ??

As far as I'm aware, we still can't upgrade our actual TIVO sets - right ? But Tivo Australia can upgrade the programming / software / functionality ?
sarahfoxnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
petestrash

It's a good suggestion.

But Hybrid have to pay TiVo for any features/upgrades to the software.

Since no new boxes are being sold, it is highly unlikely that any changes to the software will be made except for items that will produce an ongoing income for Hybrid (like quickflix).

It would not hurt to make the suggestion to TiVo in the US (Don't tell them you are from Australia), so if we ever do get an update it may already be included.

Peter.
petestrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
sarahfoxnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
But Hybrid have to pay TiVo for any features/upgrades to the software.

Since no new boxes are being sold, it is highly unlikely that any changes to the software will be made except for items that will produce an ongoing income for Hybrid (like quickflix).
i think Tivo (au) should turn TIVO into a subscription service - Eg $40 (NZ) or $40 (AU) per year. - example figures, i'm not sure of current exchange rates).

& possibly reduce the price of a box/unit.

With an ongoing / continual income., tivo au will make more $$$ & be in a better position to upgrade.
sarahfoxnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
petestrash

Due to licensing fees that need to be paid to TiVo, the monthly subscription cost would need to be similar to the US cost of US$14.99 a month for basic service.

Considering this cost does not include any content, I think it would be pretty much impossible to sell a subscription model to the AU/NZ consumers, when there are so many free options for recording FTA these days.

Peter.
petestrash is offline   Reply With Quote