Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #91
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot4Bo View Post
I am a huge fan of Chicago Fire. I had no idea until very recently when I saw an interview online with Jesse Spencer that he is Australian with an Austrailian accent. I guess, if I ever saw House, I would have known but I never did and I was totally shocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Jesse did not have an Aussie accent on House.
It definitely snuck in at times.
Mine was hearing Kevin McKidd after having been introduced to him in Journeyman, I was not expecting that strong a native accent in his interviews, I can't even imagine how hard it is to manage that kind of vocal acting performance, those dialog coaches earn their keep.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #92
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Jesse did not have an Aussie accent on House.
Er, yes. Yes he did!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #93
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
But my point is that this whole tangent about her voice started because of your question about it...
No it didn't; it started because of the post before mine mentioning that it wasn't the actress' real voice. If that had not been posted, none of this would have been mentioned...this conversation would have happened with or without my comment...it IS, after all, a BBT thread...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #94
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
No it didn't; it started because of the post before mine mentioning that it wasn't the actress' real voice. If that had not been posted, none of this would have been mentioned...this conversation would have happened with or without my comment...it IS, after all, a BBT thread...
Disagree. I think it is common knowledge that Melissa Rauch's regular voice is not high and squeaky like Bernadette's. I don't think anyone would have thought twice about that comment. It wasn't until you questioned it and asked whether they dub her voice that it merited a response.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #95
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Quote:
Disagree. I think it is common knowledge that Melissa Rauch's regular voice is not high and squeaky like Bernadette's. I don't think anyone would have thought twice about that comment. It wasn't until you questioned it and asked whether they dub her voice that it merited a response.
I think you're talking past each other. I saw Bierboy's comment as being a (characteristically) sarcastic response to "You know that that's not her real voice?", when of course it IS her real voice (i.e., it's her speaking, not somebody else being dubbed in). And then, as so often happens around here, it all went south...
Old 02-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #96
Lori
Social Defective

I was responding to the comment that it looked just like her, except that voice was wrong. Just pointing out that the voice being 'wrong' wouldn't preclude it being her, since the voice that she uses in the show isn't her 'real' voice.

Honestly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #97
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I think you're talking past each other. I saw Bierboy's comment as being a (characteristically) sarcastic response to "You know that that's not her real voice?", when of course it IS her real voice (i.e., it's her speaking, not somebody else being dubbed in). And then, as so often happens around here, it all went south...
You nailed it Rob...

XL4
Old 02-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #98
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I was responding to the comment that it looked just like her, except that voice was wrong. Just pointing out that the voice being 'wrong' wouldn't preclude it being her, since the voice that she uses in the show isn't her 'real' voice.

Honestly.
well, if her boobs are enhanced on the show, I will entertain the possibility that it was the actress on the train

I analyzed that detail for a long time before I paid any attention to the voice
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #99
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
well, if her boobs are enhanced on the show, I will entertain the possibility that it was the actress on the train

I analyzed that detail for a long time before I paid any attention to the voice
Push-up bras are amazing inventions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #100
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
You nailed it Rob...
I don't generally equate the emoticon with sarcasm, but I'll take your word for it.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #101
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I don't generally equate the emoticon with sarcasm, but I'll take your word for it.
You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor (much like Bob_Newhart, although BN's a lot more obvious about it).
Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #102
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
You don't know Bierboy like I know Bierboy. He became a lot more amusing after I figured out his sense of humor (much like Bob_Newhart, although BN's a lot more obvious about it).
I guess I don't. BN's deadpan humor is very easy to spot, even in print. But Bierboy's posts usually read as cranky, not funny or sarcastic. I guess I'll have to start looking at his posts differently from now on.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #103
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Push-up bras are amazing inventions.
I believe we need more data on that.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #104
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I believe we need more data on that.
...empirical data is preferred...

XL4
Old 02-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #105
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Are you saying we should read his posts while looking through Bier goggles?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #106
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I had the same reaction with both Bill and Jason from True Blood.
Interesting you mention True Blood. With all the discussion about her voice, I was going to share this.

Summer

Different speaking voice!

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #107
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Are you saying we should read his posts while looking through Bier goggles?
I see what you did there.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #108
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I thought of this thread and other similar ones while watching Episodes last night.

"Episodes" spoiler
Spoiler:
Matt LeBlanc went on a tirade about English actors who come to the US using American accents, taking the jobs of American actors. It was if the writers had been reading TCF.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote