TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
cheesesteak
Meh.

The CW renewed just about every show of theirs I watch

The CW renewed Arrow, Supernatural, Reign, the Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

http://www.tv.com/shows/arrow/commun...-139231991099/

For the record, I don't watch Reign but I do watch The Tomorrow People.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The CW renewed Arrow, Supernatural, Reign, the Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

http://www.tv.com/shows/arrow/commun...-139231991099/

For the record, I don't watch Reign but I do watch The Tomorrow People.
Glad to see Reign renewed. Now I can start watching it. That was one of the shows I was recording and waiting to see if a pick up was coming.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
hummingbird_206

I'm hoping Hart of Dixie and The Carrie Diaries are renewed, too!

I was really hoping TVD would get cancelled and Damon and Katherine would move to The Originals.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Arrow is the only show I watch still.

I liked Vampire Diaries and had all of last season recorded, but just never watch it. Now I'm getting close to 2 seasons behind. Maybe one day I'll catch up, plus I'll have to watch Originals.

I don't know what Reign is. I watch a couple episodes of Supernatural when it first aired. I know people love it and I sometimes think about going back to it, but there are so many seasons and not enough time in the world.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
mattack

Have recorded but not watched any of Tomorrow People yet.. Pretty much caught up with Arrow.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
MikeCC
TiVotee

I know at least some people liked The Tomorrow People, but I bailed after about 4 episodes. I just didn't like the characters.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #7
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I know at least some people liked The Tomorrow People, but I bailed after about 4 episodes. I just didn't like the characters.
I can't stand one of the main characters and the primary antagonist is an idiot but the last episode had a plot twist that I didn't see coming at all so I'm sticking with it.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
mr.unnatural

Arrow, Supernatural, and The Tomorrow People are the only shows I watch on the CW. Arrow is definitely a huge step up from Smallville, but it can get a bit hokey at times. Supernatural is still fun to watch, even after all these years. The Tomorrow People is starting to get a lot more interesting now that certain secrets have been revealed, which I will not divulge as they are definite spoilers.

I was hoping that I'd like Reign, but the modern music soundtrack just ruined it for me. When I watch a period piece like this I expect to hear music of that period being played, not some top 40 teenybopper music that is totally unfitting to the format of the show.

There are just too many shows about vampires on TV. The genre has been overworked and it's just getting tiresome to watch. I started watching the Vampire Diaries when it first aired, but it was like watching a painfully extended version of Twilight. I never even considered watching the Originals.

I was having a conversation with someone the other day about the whole vampire schtick. Can anyone explain to me how a creature that is supposedly dead and has no heartbeat, and therefore no working circulatory system, can have sex with a live human? Last time I checked there had to be blood flow to certain parts of the anatomy for things to function in order to carry out the sexual act. Also, the blood that gets ingested has no way to provide nutrition to the vampire if it just sits in his or her stomach with no way to be distributed throughout the system.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
I was having a conversation with someone the other day about the whole vampire schtick. Can anyone explain to me how a creature that is supposedly dead and has no heartbeat, and therefore no working circulatory system, can have sex with a live human? Last time I checked there had to be blood flow to certain parts of the anatomy for things to function in order to carry out the sexual act. Also, the blood that gets ingested has no way to provide nutrition to the vampire if it just sits in his or her stomach with no way to be distributed throughout the system.
Nothing about vampires makes any sense. It's also weird how vampires have different abilities in every vampire show, movie and story.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
timr_42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Glad to see Reign renewed. Now I can start watching it. That was one of the shows I was recording and waiting to see if a pick up was coming.
This. I didn't watch it because I felt it may fail. It and the Tommorrow People are on my tivo just waiting....
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
laria
Librocubicularist

I watch all the pickups, so...

I'm kinda hoping Hart of Dixie is renewed, but kinda not... my interest in it has been waning. It took me a while over the summer to finish last season, and I have only watched like 2 episodes so far this season. I wasn't really liking the new storyline with Zoe's man situation in the early episodes.

I did start watching Tomorrow People... I think I have watched 4-5 of that. I don't love it, though, so I guess I'm holding out to see if it's picked up or not before I continue.