TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #6451
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoonan View Post
The Season Passes control bar on the Season Passes button from Remote tab is not showing one of my Tivos. May be cockpit error on my part.

I have a new Tivo Premier and an older Tivo HD series 3. The Configure finds both devices on my LAN with both device show up in the Files, Remote bar.

The First pull down for selecting a device only shows the TV Premier.

Help Please. Thanks Mke
Hover your mouse over the TiVo pulldown list and read the tooltip that comes up there. As it explains for series 3 units you will need to provide kmttg your tivo.com login and password to get limited Remote capabilities for series 3 units. (You probably need to re-start kmttg after doing so as well before your series 3 units will be listed).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #6452
mrnoonan

Hover your mouse over the TiVo pulldown list and read the tooltip that comes up there. As it explains for series 3 units you will need to provide kmttg your tivo.com login and password to get limited Remote capabilities for series 3 units. (You probably need to re-start kmttg after doing so as well before your series 3 units will be listed).
Slingbox 350 & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

Thanks for the tip.
Note that the Device pulldown did not have a yellow tip.
But by adding my Tivo credentials to the Configure/Tivo page I was able to see my Tivo in the pulldown list.

Also note that one of the Season Pass entries had no name and could not be deleted. I also could not use clk and then shift.clk to select a group of Pass entries and had to delete them one at a time to cull the list.

All-in-all nice feature
mrnoonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #6453
moyekj

Pretty much every useful GUI object in kmttg has a tooltip associated with it. If you are not getting tooltips then you must have turned them off in config-Visual section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #6454
mrnoonan

Every button on the seasons Pass line has a yellow tip except the pulldown. I can't read make sense Visual tab in config but I've left it alone. However the following errors now occur after I start up Kmttg. I had done a kmttg update followed by the Tool update. I'm a total dweebe when it comes to Java, etc. Let me know if I can help with the resolution to these errors. Mike

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.apple.laf.AquaComboBoxUI$1.itemStateChanged(AquaComboBox UI.java:97)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireItemStateChanged(JComboBox.java:12 25)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged(JComboBox.java:128 2)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(JComboBox.java:1329)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractLi stModel.java:118)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(DefaultComb oBoxModel.java:93)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:578)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.read(configMain.java:866)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.display(configMain.java:160)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui$25.actionPerformed(gui.java:1011)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButto n.java:2018)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractB utton.java:2341)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultBu ttonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel .java:259)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItem UI.java:833)
at com.apple.laf.AquaMenuItemUI.doClick(AquaMenuItemUI.java:157 )
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased (BasicMenuItemUI.java:877)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:332 0)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container. java:4832)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.j ava:4492)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java: 4422)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Pro tectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Pro tectionDomain.java:87)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Pro tectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDis patchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispat chThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:146)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:138)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91 )
mrnoonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #6455
moyekj

You must be running on a Mac right? I've seen other posts about issues with Macs that do very different things than other OS's for Java. I don't have a Mac to test on so can't really help other than to say - set "look and feel" to default if it's not already.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #6456
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post

3) Do I need anything else to edit with VideoRedo TS if I don't have TiVo Desktop Plus installed? Because I expect I'll need to edit down some of these recordings real soon now.
If you want to edit .tivo files directly with VRD, you'll need at least a partial installation of Tivo Desktop. If you are editing files that are already decrypted, I don't think you need anything else.

To get a partial installation of Tivo Desktop, install the program, then go to the Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
Click to highlight the Tivo Desktop program and then click "Change" near the top.
In the pop-up that appears, select "Remove Partial". This will uninstall Tivo Desktop, but leave behind the necessary components that VRD uses to decrypt .tivo files.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #6457
steeleno12

Using kmttg

I am trying to transfer Tivo recordings to an external HDD to use with my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player . At the suggestion of others I have downloaded kmttg onto my Mac OSX 10.6.

I can see my Tivo on the program, I also see all my recordings but to be honest I don't have a clue how to proceed from there.

I did try just selecting a file and hit start. I transferred the finished job to a thumbdrive but find that the file is not found on my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

I did read the readme file but I still cannot seem to figure out what to do. Due to medical issues (chemobrain) my cognitive functions are compromised so I have difficulties reading manuals. To be honest this is way over my head and I could really use some help with how to go about using the program.

Is there anyone willing to walk me through this?
steeleno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #6458
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleno12 View Post
I am trying to transfer Tivo recordings to an external HDD to use with my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player . At the suggestion of others I have downloaded kmttg onto my Mac OSX 10.6.

I can see my Tivo on the program, I also see all my recordings but to be honest I don't have a clue how to proceed from there.

I did try just selecting a file and hit start. I transferred the finished job to a thumbdrive but find that the file is not found on my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

I did read the readme file but I still cannot seem to figure out what to do. Due to medical issues (chemobrain) my cognitive functions are compromised so I have difficulties reading manuals. To be honest this is way over my head and I could really use some help with how to go about using the program.

Is there anyone willing to walk me through this?
Enable "decrypt" so you get a .mpg file that should play with your WD player. The .TiVo files are encrypted so no good for the WD.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #6459
steeleno12

Thank you so much. I knew it would be something simple as that, I just could not seem to see that option to check.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #6460
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
If you want to edit .tivo files directly with VRD, you'll need at least a partial installation of Tivo Desktop. If you are editing files that are already decrypted, I don't think you need anything else.

To get a partial installation of Tivo Desktop, install the program, then go to the Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
Click to highlight the Tivo Desktop program and then click "Change" near the top.
In the pop-up that appears, select "Remove Partial". This will uninstall Tivo Desktop, but leave behind the necessary components that VRD uses to decrypt .tivo files.
Yeah, I think I saved a copy of the TiVo Desktop installer somewhere. Just need to figure out where it is.

I've already bought TDP twice. Don't want to buy it again if I don't have to.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:34 AM   #6461
slimjim867

setup question

Setting up a new machine and cannot remember my old settings. Upon the new install... I left my output file set as "ff_droid" planning to end up with a mpeg file but the output file is .tivo.

Thankyou for your help and thank you for a great program.
slimjim867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:11 AM   #6462
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Yeah, I think I saved a copy of the TiVo Desktop installer somewhere. Just need to figure out where it is.

I've already bought TDP twice. Don't want to buy it again if I don't have to.
Just in case you don't find it:

https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-assets/ex...sktop2.8.3.exe

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #6463
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim867 View Post
Setting up a new machine and cannot remember my old settings. Upon the new install... I left my output file set as "ff_droid" planning to end up with a mpeg file but the output file is .tivo.

Thankyou for your help and thank you for a great program.
The "Encoding Profile" selection applies to "encode" task. If you just want mpeg2 file then all you need to do is enable "decrypt" task and nothing else.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #6464
DashingDave

Does anyone have advice on what encoding format would be the best choice if I plan to edit using iMovie?

And what is the difference between these three formatting options:
hb_appletv
hb_appletv2
hb_appletv2_srt

Thanks!
Dave

Last edited by DashingDave : 02-13-2014 at 09:44 PM.
DashingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #6465
mchief
Morey

Have any idea what is causing this? Failing trying to get NP list on one TivoHD. However the NP list is there??

RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.11.10, port=1413): Connection timed out: connect
[java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method), java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:191), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:157), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:577), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
Old 02-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #6466
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
Have any idea what is causing this? Failing trying to get NP list on one TivoHD. However the NP list is there??

RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.11.10, port=1413): Connection timed out: connect
[java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method), java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:191), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:157), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:577), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
Series 3 units don't support RPC, but looks like you turned on "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" for your TiVo HD under config->Tivos. Turn that off for your TiVo HD.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #6467
mchief
Morey

That did the trick. Thanks
Old 02-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #6468
steeleno12

New question about kmttg. I have decoded some tivo recordings and tested them on my Mac comouter. The audio and video play fine.

I am however having problems with these same files when trying to play them using my WD Live TV Streaming Media Player. The video is okay but there is no sound.

I have tried to adjust my audio settings on the media player but nothing seems to bring the audio.

Although it probably is not something that is the fault of kmttg, I am just covering all bases in trying to troubleshoot the audio problem.

anyone run into something like this?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #6469
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleno12 View Post
New question about kmttg. I have decoded some tivo recordings and tested them on my Mac comouter. The audio and video play fine.

I am however having problems with these same files when trying to play them using my WD Live TV Streaming Media Player. The video is okay but there is no sound.

I have tried to adjust my audio settings on the media player but nothing seems to bring the audio.

Although it probably is not something that is the fault of kmttg, I am just covering all bases in trying to troubleshoot the audio problem.

anyone run into something like this?
It's WD issue apparently not properly handling AC3 audio in mpeg2 container. Some related threads:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=505804

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Liv...ight/true#M683

Perhaps a remux to MKV container may work. You can remux using ffmpeg and can do it within kmttg if you wish. Create a file under kmttg "encode" folder called ff_mkv_remux.enc with following contents:
Code:
<description>
mkv remux - Copy video and audio into mkv container

<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f matroska OUTPUT

<extension>
mkv
Then start kmttg and from FILES tab add the .mpg file WD won't play. Enable only the "encode" task and set Encoding Profile to "ff_mkv_remux" and click Start. This should create a .mkv file which you can then try with WD Live. If that works, then part of your kmttg flow you can enable "encode" task with above profile in addition to the "decrypt".

If that still doesn't work then a lousy option would be to re-encode at least the audio to 2 channel AAC, but that's not a great option.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 AM   #6470
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #6471
DashingDave

Is there a way to edit the bitrate settings for any of the encoding profiles? I tried encoding a video after converting from a .tivo file, and the video had that horizontal-pixelation-lining (interlacing?), which I've read might mean the bitrate is too low for the video....
Old 02-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #6472
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDave View Post
Is there a way to edit the bitrate settings for any of the encoding profiles? I tried encoding a video after converting from a .tivo file, and the video had that horizontal-pixelation-lining (interlacing?), which I've read might mean the bitrate is too low for the video....
Sure. Every encoding profile comes from associated .enc file in the kmttg "encode" folder. So if you want to create your own, start with a copy of an existing one and give it a different name and then edit the file to suit your preferences. Then use File-Refresh Encoding Profiles in kmttg or re-start kmttg and it will list your encoding name in the list.

Low bitrate doesn't lead to interlaced look however so I don't think that's your problem. Various players have deinterlace related settings. VLC for example has deinterlace filters, so you might want to look at settings of player you are using.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #6473
wuzznuubi

Some TS downloads have no video, or is it just me?

I know this is most likely a TiVo problem but since this a forum where we TTG, thought I'd ask here first.

Has anyone been experiencing TS downloads where VRD QSF fails and the downloaded TiVo file shows as having no video? i.e. if you try to open the downloaded .TiVo file w/VRD it won't open the file complaining of no video stream, if you have kmttg setup to QSF with VRD QSF it fails for no video and if you have TiVo Desktop installed and download using Transport Stream, Windows Media wont play video, showing and playing audio only after a LONG wait for the file to load. This has happened for a few PBS recordings I have on both the Roamio and Premiere and doesn't matter if I transfer them between my TiVo's (Roamio Basic and Premiere) and download from either one. PS (Program Stream) download of the same episodes have no issues and NO, they're not H.264 recordings, they're MPEG2.

MediaInfo shows this (unusual info) for the bad TS .TiVo files downloaded;
Video
Encryption : Encrypted

Audio
Encryption : Encrypted

Normally it will show Encrypted for the Audio, but not the Video.

Color me Puzzled.

Just tried again for the 3rd time to QSF one of those .TiVo files and got an mpeg stream error Audio ring buffer overflow -AC3 from VRD.

P.S. Latest kmttg v1p0p and VRD v4.21.6.674

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 02-14-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: P.S.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 AM   #6474
rileyrd

Received fatal alert: certificate_expired

It appears Tivo has a certificate error again at least for me. Started yesterday

Getting "Received fatal alert: certificate_expired" when attempting to pull list of shows.

Is there anything that can be done to correct or is this a Tivo issue only?

I am using an older version of kmttg v1p01c. Could this be a java version issue? I am on a MAC running mavericks.

Thanks for any help.
rileyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #6475
moyekj

rileyrd, update to latest version using Help->Update kmttg

Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #6476
DashingDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sure. Every encoding profile comes from associated .enc file in the kmttg "encode" folder. So if you want to create your own, start with a copy of an existing one and give it a different name and then edit the file to suit your preferences. Then use File-Refresh Encoding Profiles in kmttg or re-start kmttg and it will list your encoding name in the list.

Low bitrate doesn't lead to interlaced look however so I don't think that's your problem. Various players have deinterlace related settings. VLC for example has deinterlace filters, so you might want to look at settings of player you are using.
Thanks for the help!

I'm still not having any luck finding a format that iMovie will import. The closest I've reached is a .m4v, but only the audio imports--video is completely black. Any idea what I should try for that application?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #6477
moyekj

No, I know nothing about iMovie, but brief Google search seems to imply it was more designed for Camcorder captures as input and has limited input format support.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #6478
steeleno12

Moyekj, I want to try to give your suggestion a go but have to admit that I am already lost from the first step.

You say: Create a file under kmttg "encode" folder called ff_mkv_remux.enc with following contents:
Code:
<description>
mkv remux - Copy video and audio into mkv container

<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f matroska OUTPUT

<extension>
mkv
:

How do I create that file? I am assuming once I figure out how to create that file that it will reside in the kmttg Encode folder?

I think I understand the later part of your suggestion about starting kmttg from File tab and adding the mpg file. Will test if I am right when I accomplish the first part. ;C )

Then start kmttg and from FILES tab add the .mpg file WD won't play. Enable only the "encode" task and set Encoding Profile to "ff_mkv_remux" and click Start. This should create a .mkv file which you can then try with WD Live. If that works, then part of your kmttg flow you can enable "encode" task with above profile in addition to the "decrypt".

If that still doesn't work then a lousy option would be to re-encode at least the audio to 2 channel AAC, but that's not a great option.[/quote]
Old 02-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #6479
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Its quite easy to create this file with a text editor like notepad in Windows.

ff_mkv_remux.enc.txt

Here it is, just right click the above and choose save and name it as above but without the ".txt"

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #6480
steeleno12

So, I went ahead and created the file, put it in the Encode folder.

I went ahead and ran another TiVo recording through kmttg with the settings:
Decrypt
Encode using the profile I created

I then tried to play that file on the WD TV Live SMP and unfortunately when I tried to play it the screen just went to black and there is just a spinning orange arrow.

So in addition to no audio, I now have no video when playing.