TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
Punker1234

Power soundbar with regular remote?

I saw something similar in a thread, but I think what I' looking to do is not possible.

I recently came from a Premiere and a Slide remote that when I pressed Power, my soundbar and tv both turned on. However, all audio controllers were only soundbar.

Sadly, I don't think the new remotes are learning. I know there are some codes (although i've yet to find one thta works with Vizio), it still wouldn't power it on/off as needed.

Has anyone had luck with my scenario?

Last edited by Punker1234 : 02-12-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Punker1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
jamesmstone

Does your soundbar have an option to auto power on/off upon detecting a signal from the tv?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
jamesmstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punker1234 View Post
I saw something similar in a thread, but I think what I' looking to do is not possible.

I recently came from a Premiere and a Slide remote that when I pressed Power, my soundbar and tv both turned on. However, all audio controllers were only soundbar.

Sadly, I don't think the new remotes are learning. I know there are some codes (although i've yet to find one thta works with Vizio), it still wouldn't power it on/off as needed.

Has anyone had luck with my scenario?
I'm using a Roamio (basic) with a Vizio S3821w-C0 soundbar (simple, but better than my TV's speakers). Under Remote Control Setup, I set "TV power, volume and mute" to control my Panasonic TV, then I set "A/V volume and mute" to control the Vizio soundbar (code 1180). I found that the Vizio would turn on if I used Vol-up or Vol-down a couple of times after turning the TV on. And if I just turned the TV off, the Vizio would go off after about 15 minutes.

Later, after reading about it somewhere (probably here or AVS Forum), I went back and applied the Vizio 1180 code using the TiVo+TVpower procedure, which supposedly would add the A/V code to the TV code since A/V codes have a prefix of 1 instead of 0. It works, and my TiVo Roamio remote now powers on/off both the TV and the Vizio soundbar.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Ziggie

I did get the peanut remote to turn off the sound bar/sound system as well. It also controls volume/mute, but I still need the Yamaha controller to switch between HDMI sources (1 is TV, 2 is Blu-Ray player, etc.)

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #5
mwecksell

I have a new mini on a TV with a yamaha receiver. Can someone please clarify the correct procedure to get the power button on the mini to power on/off the my TV and receiver?

Thank you.
mwecksell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
ajayabb

Hold power and Tivo button then enter TV code. Then hold power and tivo button again and enter yamaha power code. Should power both up with any luck

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Running Pytivo and Streambaby
ajayabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
Punker1234

Thanks guys, Ill try the code above for my soundbar.

Silly question though, i never understood the 0 vs 1 codes. Are there instructions on how to do this? I haven't had luck with a code working for my Vizio, although ill try the one listed above.

Bottom line, I always had a peanut, then got a slide with my premiere, but the new peanut blew my away. Its far more responsive then my slide so i want to use the peanut that came with my Roamio. *Crossing fingers*
Old 02-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Punker1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
I'm using a Roamio (basic) with a Vizio S3821w-C0 soundbar (simple, but better than my TV's speakers). Under Remote Control Setup, I set "TV power, volume and mute" to control my Panasonic TV, then I set "A/V volume and mute" to control the Vizio soundbar (code 1180). I found that the Vizio would turn on if I used Vol-up or Vol-down a couple of times after turning the TV on. And if I just turned the TV off, the Vizio would go off after about 15 minutes.

Later, after reading about it somewhere (probably here or AVS Forum), I went back and applied the Vizio 1180 code using the TiVo+TVpower procedure, which supposedly would add the A/V code to the TV code since A/V codes have a prefix of 1 instead of 0. It works, and my TiVo Roamio remote now powers on/off both the TV and the Vizio soundbar.
Holy crap you are amazing, this just solved my problem. I didn't know about the 0's and 1's and now that makes sense. 0's tell it's a tv, 1 audio etc. BUT I didn't know you could do 2 of them, amazing. I bought a Slide for my old Premiere for this reason. Lastly, I was missing a working Vizio code, which 1180 works flawless. Must be a newer code because I didn't see it on the net anywhere. Thank you, tremendously. And thanks to everyone for their replies as well.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
Humble

To A. J. above: I followed your directions but had to add the same code I used in number 1 for my Sony 660 receiver (the second input) to the request for A/V codes in part 2 of the remote setup steps. So, I ended up with two codes in Part 1 of the setup and 1 code in Part 2 of the remote setup. It works perfectly on my Sony TV and Sony Receiver.

Thank you for your help. It really made my day.
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote