The movie is this week's EW cover story:

cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #752
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
The movie is this week's EW cover story:
There's a behind the scenes video of the photo shoot on EW'S FB page, and a sneak peek of the film on the movie's FB page.
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #753
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Here's a fun little video on EW's FB page from the above photoshoot (bewarned, you have to "like" EW on FB to watch it):

https://www.facebook.com/entertainme...2730429&rest=1

ETA: or what StacieH just said. I had the reply box open while I was watching the film clip and the photoshoot clip.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #754
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Back to my rewatch:

I am at the halfway point in S2 now, watching 2.9, 2.10 and 2.11 yesterday. I am enjoying it quite a bit - for some reason I had it in my head that S2 was a significant letdown from S1, but I'm not finding it that way at all. Of course, we still have half a season to go.

2.9 had a fun Buffy reunion with Willow and Cordy having a nice little catty exchange. 2.10 was a nice bottle episode. 2.11 marks the end of the Duncan Kane era with a fun little caper, where V gets to outsmart both Lamb (not hard) as well as the FBI. But the capper for me was at the end of 2.11, where we get a closeup of a fortune cookie fortune that Duncan had previously given to V - and below the fortune are the Numbers from Lost. #mindblown
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #755
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Back to my rewatch:

I am at the halfway point in S2 now, watching 2.9, 2.10 and 2.11 yesterday. I am enjoying it quite a bit - for some reason I had it in my head that S2 was a significant letdown from S1, but I'm not finding it that way at all. Of course, we still have half a season to go.

2.9 had a fun Buffy reunion with Willow and Cordy having a nice little catty exchange. 2.10 was a nice bottle episode. 2.11 marks the end of the Duncan Kane era with a fun little caper, where V gets to outsmart both Lamb (not hard) as well as the FBI. But the capper for me was at the end of 2.11, where we get a closeup of a fortune cookie fortune that Duncan had previously given to V - and below the fortune are the Numbers from Lost. #mindblown
I finished Season 3 the other day and am starting over the Season 1. So, this is watch #5. Yes…I’m addicted.

I just finished Ep 4 (Wrath of Con). However, this time, I’m mostly listening while I work. I don’t necessarily intend to watch every episode. I’m mostly trying to pass time at work.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #756
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieH View Post
There's a behind the scenes video of the photo shoot on EW'S FB page, and a sneak peek of the film on the movie's FB page.
EW also has new movie footage (which I assume is the same as what is on the FB page).

I have to say, I'm still a little nervous based on this new footage. Every bit of the movie they've released now has just seemed a little off somehow. I'm hoping that when it's all seen in context, it'll seem like the same Veronica Mars (albeit writ large).
Old 02-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #757
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Every bit of the movie they've released now has just seemed a little off somehow. I'm hoping that when it's all seen in context, it'll seem like the same Veronica Mars (albeit writ large).
You can't go home again. I didn't much care for the trailer at all. I'm just hoping for not an embarrassment at this point.
Wil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #758
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

This latest clip didn't really do anything for me. But I liked the trailer and the other footage quite a bit. So I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #759
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
I liked the trailer and the other footage quite a bit. So I'm cautiously optimistic
Go Pirates!
Wil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #760
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Back to my rewatch:

On rewatch I preferred season 2 to season 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #761
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I'm seeing some recommendations for a new screenplay-reading app (iOS) called Weekend Read. News to me, but apparently properly-formatted screenplays are tough to read on mobile platforms because of said formatting. Weekend Read optimizes them for mobile.

It's free, apparently good, and I do have a screenplay to read sometime in the next few weeks. Downloaded for readiness.

Oh, and the App Store page for the app has a quote -- ''Staggeringly useful." -- from Dan Etheridge, who is none other than the producer of Veronica Mars.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #762
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Bah. The preview showing here in Boston sold out in minutes. I got my email at 9:07 and by the time I managed to get into the site, all tickets were sold. *sigh*.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #763
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Bah. The preview showing here in Boston sold out in minutes. I got my email at 9:07 and by the time I managed to get into the site, all tickets were sold. *sigh*.
It looks like there are tickets available at the Houston area theater, but I won't be back in town until after 8 that night. I'm just going to have to see it that weekend with the regular folk....
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #764
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

The preview showing has extra footage from the premieres, plus special t-shirts and lanyards. The one in Boston was $18 / ticket. I wonder if we'll see scalper tickets up on ebay or stubhub or whatever...
Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #765
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieH View Post
It looks like there are tickets available at the Houston area theater, but I won't be back in town until after 8 that night. I'm just going to have to see it that weekend with the regular folk....
Yep, still available. I debated about going (I live near downtown so Sugar Land isn't right around the corner). But since I've come this far, and I just remembered I received a Fandango gift card in my Christmas stocking, what the heck!

Ticket purchased.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #766
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Apparently there were tweets with links to the site going around up to 90 mins. before the email went out... overall I'm still happy to not be on Twitter tho
Old 02-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #767
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Yep, still available. I debated about going (I live near downtown so Sugar Land isn't right around the corner). But since I've come this far, and I just remembered I received a Fandango gift card in my Christmas stocking, what the heck!

Ticket purchased.
We are 25 miles west of Katy, so I'm not sure I'd go even if I could. I'll wait and go to Katy Mills.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #768
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Just in case you're reading the thread and not your e-mail… AMC has released extra tickets for the 13th event. Try again!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #769
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Nearest showing to me is Chicago River East 21. That's a really long drive for something like this... although that is a very nice theater, as I recall from the two Serenity preview showings that I went to there.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #770
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Nearest showing to me is Chicago River East 21. That's a really long drive for something like this... although that is a very nice theater, as I recall from the two Serenity preview showings that I went to there.
Northbrook Court 14
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #771
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Just in case you're reading the thread and not your e-mail… AMC has released extra tickets for the 13th event. Try again!
Yeah, I noticed the email about 10 minutes after it was sent, and I got tickets! Hope it will be fun.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #772
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Northbrook Court 14
I was referring to the March 13 Fan Event. River East 21 is the only one in the area for that date.

For the actual showing of the movie, there are indeed several more. For me, nearest for that is Mayfair 18.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #773
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I was referring to the March 13 Fan Event. River East 21 is the only one in the area for that date.

For the actual showing of the movie, there are indeed several more. For me, nearest for that is Mayfair 18.
Ah, my mistake
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #774
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Going back to the t-shirt discussion...

Some people were unhappy with the shirts, and wished that the money for them had just gone into the movie instead. Turns out, it did. This EW post says that Warner Bros ended up picking up the tab for all the Kickstarter rewards and their fulfillment. Nice!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #775
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Was just listening to EW's Entertainment Geekly podcast. It's co-hosted by Jeff Jensen, the EW writer who penned the Veronica Mars cover story in the current issue. One of the podcast topics was (loosely) "genre TV and movies we are looking forward to this year". Jensen mentioned Veronica Mars, due to the conversation and debate that will no doubt come up again about how the movie came to be, what it all means, etc. He then let slip that he had already seen the film. Jensen very specifically avoided giving any kind of review, but he did say (spoilerizing for those who don't even want hints of opinions):

Spoiler:
"As a Veronica Mars fan, so much of this movie made me really happy."

Old 02-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #776
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Per Rob Thomas's latest backer email, the movie will premiere in theaters and online (iTunes, Amazon, on-demand via participating cable/sat providers) at the same time worldwide. That means that backers will receive their digital versions on March 14th as well.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #777
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Per Rob Thomas's latest backer email, the movie will premiere in theaters and online (iTunes, Amazon, on-demand via participating cable/sat providers) at the same time worldwide. That means that backers will receive their digital versions on March 14th as well.
I have to think that's going to hurt the opening weekend box office, but maybe they decided that any money they get from ticket sales is gravy anyway, so why worry about it?

Too bad there's not a way to know how much would have been made without this decision so we could compare it to what is made with this decision.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #778
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Yay! That's fantastic news.

It's not going to be in theaters anywhere near me.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #779
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Excellent! Will we have to choice of where we download from?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #780
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I bought my tickets for opening day - even though I will get the digital download, I want to support it in the theaters. Near me, it's playing (at least at this time) in a small theater at a 12-plex. Probably fewer than 100 seats.

No details of the downloads were provided.