TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Ziggie

Advance/Replay... what am I doing wrong?

While watching live tv, I used to use this button (photo 1) to skip back to the beginning of what ever was in the buffer (photo 2).

Now, I can't get that to happen I went into settings and tried setting up the advance/replay options both ways.. but it still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get back to the beginning of the buffer while watching live tv?

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
tatergator1

Start 1x Rewind first, then hit the skip button.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
stacycris

I believe you need to press and hold the skip back button, which is above the yellow "A" button. The button your picture is pointing to skips the recording forward.
stacycris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
humbb

Easy, press AND HOLD the Replay/Advance button to go to beginning/end of the buffer.
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Start 1x Rewind first, then hit the skip button.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacycris View Post
I believe you need to press and hold the skip back button, which is above the yellow "A" button. The button your picture is pointing to skips the recording forward.
Thanks, this worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbb View Post
Easy, press AND HOLD the Replay/Advance button to go to beginning/end of the buffer.
Humbb, this didn't work for me

Old 02-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
humbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbb
Quote:
Humbb, this didn't work for me
I probably wasn't clear there. Press and hold the Replay button to go to beginning of buffer (this is what you said worked to stacycris); Press and hold Advance (the one above the green "D" button) to go to the end of the buffer.

And this works only if you have the Advance set to scan forward 30 seconds in Settings.

I think
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbb View Post
I probably wasn't clear there. Press and hold the Replay button to go to beginning of buffer (this is what you said worked to stacycris); Press and hold Advance (the one above the green "D" button) to go to the end of the buffer.

And this works only if you have the Advance set to scan forward 30 seconds in Settings.

I think
The "skip" button and "advance/replay" button are 2 different things... right? If I press and hold the A/R button, nothing happens. But, if I press and hold the skip button (like I told Stacy), then it works.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #8
stacycris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
The "skip" button and "advance/replay" button are 2 different things... right? If I press and hold the A/R button, nothing happens. But, if I press and hold the skip button (like I told Stacy), then it works.
Now I think I've confused myself, lol. So the two buttons are actually the replay button (the one on the left which I previously called "skip back") and the advance button (the one on the right which I previously referred to as "skip forward"). So I believe that, yes, you press and hold the replay button to go to the beginning. If you press and hold the advance button it will go to the end. If you are already at the end of the buffer though I don't think it would do anything. I need to verify that though
stacycris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
humbb

Yes, that seems accurate stacycris.

The Settings pages actually have a pretty good tabular summary of this behavior: Settings>Remote, CableCARD, & Devices>Remote Control Setup>Part 4: ADVANCE ...

30 Second Advance I believe is the default and the page shows icons for the two buttons and their behavior.

ADVANCE skips to tick is the alternate setting (which I don't use) and if you highlight that choice at the bottom it will show you the alternate button behavior.

Whew!