TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #61
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
... teleporting zombies.
Now THERE'S an idea for a new Z show....

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #62
DeDondeEs

I still keep waiting for them to make a break for the GA coast and find a boat to sail/row/motor them out to an island where they could quickly eradicate all of the walkers and then live in peace.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #63
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
I still keep waiting for them to make a break for the GA coast and find a boat to sail/row/motor them out to an island where they could quickly eradicate all of the walkers and then live in peace.
But then they would find a hatch...
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #64
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I had a small glimmer of hope that they were going to really mix things up and have Carl off his dad mistakenly thinking he was a walker.
Not a chance. Rick is too important of a character to go out in such a stupid way. Therefore, there was no tension in any of those scenes for me because I knew Rick was going to be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I'm confused about the two men we see in the dream sequence. One is her boyfriend....who was the other? And did they go on to be her two original pets? Is that what we are to assume from the severed arms?
I realize everyone is saying that it's been confirmed that the two original "pets" were these two guys we saw in this episode, but I don't remember her original pets being black. Am I just not remembering right?

Edit: I can't find a good still from the actual show, but here is a EW cover that seems to indicate I am wrong:

Last edited by DevdogAZ : 02-10-2014 at 11:01 PM.
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #65
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

I remember that her original pets were definitely black. I'm certain they weren't the same actors as were shown last night, but you wouldn't expect them to do that.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #66
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
My thought was just who HAS a 112 oz can of pudding in their house? That seems the kind of thing you see at a school or church.
My family got those big cans periodically.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #67
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsiehta View Post
I don't know, you all seem to be rather forgiving of this episode and the continuation of the horrible Carl story line and stupidity. Where was he leading the two Walkers? Why didn't he look behind him?
He was leading them away from his passed out father and their "secure" housing, knowing when he shot them that the noise would draw any others near by. You'll recall when he came out from where he killed the 3 he looked up and down the street to see if any more were attracted to the shots he fired.

It was actually decent strategic forethought on his part to do so.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 AM   #68
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
My family got those big cans periodically.
My mother had big cans.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 AM   #69
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
It was actually decent strategic forethought on his part to do so.
Good strategy, but terrible tactics.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #70
cheesesteak
Meh.

Yeah, Carl was often dumb in this episode but so was I at his age and so was everybody else.

I enjoyed the short scene of him sitting on the roof eating from the big can o' puddin' while the walker's arm groped for him out the window.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #71
sharkster

I've never seen a 112oz can of pudding before this! I found some of the Carl, and even some of the Rick, stuff rather annoying. But more so, Rick for some reason. Also loved the direction with the pudding-eating on the roof scene.

some of the Carl stuff was actually pretty good. I enjoyed how he had just had enough of Rick and said straight out that he would be fine if Rick was dead. Then his adventures led him to realize he was wrong. Then, almost thinking Rick had died and turned and almost killing him. But when he stopped, exposed his neck, and said he couldn't, was rather brilliantly done.

I especially loved the Michonne flashback. I'm hoping we learn more and more. Love this character and love the actor who plays her. Enjoyed all the insight she provided on TD this week.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #72
pmyers

I too, wonder what exactly Carl was trying to do with the walkers. If it was just to get them away from the house....then he should have just smashed their skulls in. I thought he was up to something else.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #73
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I too, wonder what exactly Carl was trying to do with the walkers. If it was just to get them away from the house....then he should have just smashed their skulls in.

I'm thinking Carl is not strong enough for that yet -- made clear during his pre-pudding rumble. He is good with a noisy gun though. I was glad to see him pick up that lawn lighting but he needed something a tad longer -- a short spear maybe. Is it too soon for him to learn to use a katana?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #74
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

So... in the world of The Walking Dead, are bones brittle or soft? That sword cutting through so many heads so easily was kind of a head scratcher for me.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #75
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Was the axe that Rick used in the store too short or he not strong enough?

I think I was also surprised that once that walker was killed they didn't just hole up there for a day or so to get strength back. I know the house was nicer, but Rick was barely moving then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #76
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
So... in the world of The Walking Dead, are bones brittle or soft? That sword cutting through so many heads so easily was kind of a head scratcher for me.
I'm no sword expert, but I suspect if they are as sharp as a razor, they could cut through most anything?

XL4
Old 02-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #77
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Zombies are decaying, which is why some of them seem much worse off than others, because they've been dead longer (in theory)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #78
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'm thinking Carl is not strong enough for that yet -- made clear during his pre-pudding rumble. He is good with a noisy gun though. I was glad to see him pick up that lawn lighting but he needed something a tad longer -- a short spear maybe. Is it too soon for him to learn to use a katana?
What I didn't understand is why Carl didn't pick up the solar light "stake" and stab the zombie after his gun ran out of bullets. Didn't he have it with him when he went upstairs?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #79
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Was the axe that Rick used in the store too short or he not strong enough?

I think I was also surprised that once that walker was killed they didn't just hole up there for a day or so to get strength back. I know the house was nicer, but Rick was barely moving then.
They've learned that they have to fear people just as much, if not more, than walkers. That store was too exposed. Holding up in a house, which was more concealed, is a better idea.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #80
timr_42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Herschel with an encore performance!
There was a show on Fox(I think) years ago titled "Herman's Head". They could have started a WD spinoff "Herschel's Head"..
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #81
stellie93

Whatever that thing Michonne uses to slash heads off is, that's what they all need to get and learn to use. No noise, no arrows to recover or replace, and she never misses. It's been what, a year now and nobody else is as bad ass as Michonne. Teach a class, girl.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #82
pmyers

A Katana is a must have in a zombie apocolypse!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #83
Ereth

Quote:
I thought Kirkman had said that one of the effects of the zombie plague was to make bones softer.

People shoving small knives quickly through skulls is just not possible without the skull becoming about the consistency of watermelon, I think.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #84
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timr_42 View Post
There was a show on Fox(I think) years ago titled "Herman's Head". They could have started a WD spinoff "Herschel's Head"..
It was HILARIOUS when they unveiled Hershel's "head" on TD and they "activated" it....

XL4
Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #85
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I thought Kirkman had said that one of the effects of the zombie plague was to make bones softer.

People shoving small knives quickly through skulls is just not possible without the skull becoming about the consistency of watermelon, I think.
Aha. Thanks and good point.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #86
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
A Katana is a must have in a zombie apocolypse!
Agreed. Carol also had the right idea with knives.

The woman in 28 Days Later used a sword which didn't make sense because one drop of blood could infect you. It appears that only death turns you into a "Walker".
Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #87
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Whatever that thing Michonne uses to slash heads off is, that's what they all need to get and learn to use. No noise, no arrows to recover or replace, and she never misses. It's been what, a year now and nobody else is as bad ass as Michonne. Teach a class, girl.
But they never show her sharpening/honing it. It's a Ginzu!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #88
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Totally! If there were one person I'd want on my side, it would be Michonne.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #89
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
It appears that only death turns you into a "Walker".
Or a bite.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #90
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Or a bite.

Yah. That too.