Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
tannett
Long time reader....

Olympics Collection

Hi,

I searched and didn't find any other threads so I hope this hasn't been talked about. Anyway, my wife wants to watch certain parts of the Olympics so I went the Browse TV, Olympics, Figure Skating and told it to record this collection.

It thinks about it for a bit, adds it to my season pass and then says there are no upcoming episodes. But, if I go look in the collection, it clearly shows episodes upcoming.

I also tried just the Women's section underneath figuring skating and still no luck...

Anyone else having this issue? A bit frustrating to have what appeared to be the perfect way to record pieces of them for her but not have them showing up.
tannett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
chrispitude

I've been wondering the same thing. The Roamio has all these fancy-pants ways to showcase shows and whatnot. I figured there must be some great way to selectively record Olympic events, but haven't had time to investigate. I'm glad you asked this question!
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
SugarBowl

Create a wishlist with 'xxii' in the title. That will catch everything.

The guide data doesn't seem good enough to focus on certain sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
cherry ghost

Keyword: Figure

Title keyword: XXII
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
caughey

I just tried it with men's curling (because curling rocks). It took less than a minute for the shows to show up in the to do list. It's on 3-4 different channels and it even picked the HD version over SD.

Just to be neighborly, I tried recording the top level figure skating collection and got the same result you did--no upcoming shows. But when I selected the second level pairs collection, it found 7 episodes, and then 5 for women's and 4 for men's (that one took a few minutes to update).

Seems to be a glitch in the top level collection setup, at least for figure skating. And hockey.

[I have now spent more time writing about figure skating than I will watching it ].
caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
jmbissell

I just tried both hockey (men's & women's) as well as figure skating and got no upcoming shows. I still can never get a search for "NHL Hockey" to show any upcoming games (although I can find/record them by time or channel) so maybe TiVo just doesn't like hockey.

Sounded like a great feature but obviously the implementation has been less than stellar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughey View Post
I just tried it with men's curling (because curling rocks). It took less than a minute for the shows to show up in the to do list. It's on 3-4 different channels and it even picked the HD version over SD.

Just to be neighborly, I tried recording the top level figure skating collection and got the same result you did--no upcoming shows. But when I selected the second level pairs collection, it found 7 episodes, and then 5 for women's and 4 for men's (that one took a few minutes to update).

Seems to be a glitch in the top level collection setup, at least for figure skating. And hockey.

[I have now spent more time writing about figure skating than I will watching it ].

jmbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
tannett
Long time reader....

I did end up setting up my own wishlist for title Olympics xxii, category of sports and several OR keywords to get the basic areas she wanted... It's working fine, but was just a bit disappointed that they went to the effort to build the collection and have it flexible at several levels but then didn't work right.

Oh, and this is more time than I wanted to spend on skating myself!
tannett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Mine seemed to work fine. Checked the To Do list after selecting a few Olympic Collections -- and they weren't there. Came back an hour later and they were there -- so it seems to be working fine.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
jmbissell

Still nothing here 24 hours after I tried to schedule hockey and figure skating.
Both Season passes created from the Olympic Collection show "No upcoming shows."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
Mine seemed to work fine. Checked the To Do list after selecting a few Olympic Collections -- and they weren't there. Came back an hour later and they were there -- so it seems to be working fine.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #10
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbissell View Post
Still nothing here 24 hours after I tried to schedule hockey and figure skating.
Both Season passes created from the Olympic Collection show "No upcoming shows."
My Olympic Collections continue to record -- I have a grown son living here and he reports his Olympic Collections are not recording. Weird.
DeltaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
chrispitude

Yesterday, I added: curling, speed skating, luge, skeleton, ski jumping, alpine skiing, biathlon, bobsled, cross-country skiiing. Just checked the season pass manager today, and all of them list "no upcoming shows." I confirmed that there are indeed shows coming up, and they are not scheduled to record.

Sigh.

Edit: I'm going to file a support call with TiVo for bad Olympic collection data.

Another edit: I filed a support case. I'll just go with a title wishlist for "XXII" to grab everything. (Thanks SugarBowl!) Maybe TiVo will have this fixed in two years.

Last edited by chrispitude : 02-09-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
chrispitude

Quote:

Things are significantly different here. When I select Curling, both the Men's and Women's second-level categories say "There are currently no items to display in this category." In fact, all the other collections I tried with Men's and Women's second-level categories say the same thing.

When I select Figure Skating, there are no second-level categories, but many individual episodes listed at the top level. When I selected the top-level collection for recording, all then appeared in the to-do list.

It appears to just be bad collection data (for me).
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #13
TheWGP
Hmmm...

None of our Collections worked at all. We had to make a wishlist with title keyword XXII to get everything, and make sure it records new and repeats and also keeps more shows!
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
jmbissell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post
None of our Collections worked at all. We had to make a wishlist with title keyword XXII to get everything, and make sure it records new and repeats and also keeps more shows!
My Collection of figure skating and hockey both showed up this morning so something must have updated overnight. I then scheduled bobsled through the Olympic Collection and it scheduled 4 episodes right way. Maybe the collection capability is just rolling out slowly to everyone. Would have been nice to have this capability functional and available before the Games started.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
chrispitude

TiVo Support responded as follows:

Quote:
We do apologize, but if the program description does not list the other sports there is nothing that we can do about that.

If it does list the other sports in the program description but still is not allowing you to search and record it then we suggest that you unplug the TiVo for 30 seconds then plug it back in and once it is started up force a connection then search for the show again. To force a connection go to TiVo Central > Messages and Settings > Settings > Phone and Network > Connect to TiVo Service Now.
However, the collections appear to have populated overnight, at least the first few I checked. They no longer have a men's or women's category listed, just a flat list of shows.

For now, I'll stick with the wishlist I set up to grab anything. I'm not sure I trust the collections yet.