TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #31
caughey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcobra View Post
I have ordered a full set of the Caps from Mouser...
Can you tell me what "the full set" is? I predict it will come in handy in the future.

Which premium channels were you not getting? If it was HBO/Cinemax and not others, you may need to use the magic words from this post http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...10#post9816510
Quote:
...CableCARD is "authorized" but not "paired". Call Verizon's activation line 1-888-897-7499 and keep asking for "tech support". Once you have reached someone in tech support, tell them your CableCARD is authorized but not paired, and ask them to "Manually Validate Set Top Box". (I have been told this instruction is what has worked for other customers.)
They will need the CC ID, Host ID, and Data value.

Congrats on resurrecting your TiVo!
caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #32
jmbach

Quote:
I checked and the premium channels were not coming in - all others are. I called FIOS with the info given by the HD and they could not get the premium channels working so they are sending me a new MCARD.
I deal with Charter and the most common issue is that they do not want to delete the current paring and try to send hits to make it work. Then they want to roll a truck. I let them schedule a truck roll about a week away and I call another day and time. I have a Motorola M - card and they tend to generate new data ids when you remove the card and reinsert it or use a different image in the unit. TiVo on their website now has a good troubleshooting page for the cards. You might want to look it up and call Verizon back.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #33
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughey View Post
Can you tell me what "the full set" is? I predict it will come in handy in the future...
Open up your TiVo and tell us the brand and model number on the power supply.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #34
jetcobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughey View Post
Can you tell me what "the full set" is? I predict it will come in handy in the future.

Which premium channels were you not getting? If it was HBO/Cinemax and not others, you may need to use the magic words from this post http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...10#post9816510

They will need the CC ID, Host ID, and Data value.

Congrats on resurrecting your TiVo!
My TIVO HD uses the SPWR-00011-000 Rev BO Power Supply and here is the list of Caps from Mouser:

Line Mouser Part Number Quantity
No. Customer Part Number
Manufacturer Part Number
Description
1 667-EEU-FR1A222LB QTY = 5
EEU-FR1A222LB
10VDC 2200uF
2 667-EEU-FM1A102 QTY = 2
EEU-FM1A102
1000uF 10V
3 667-EEU-FR1C102L QTY = 1
EEU-FR1C102L
16VDC 1000uF
4 667-EEU-FR1C471 QTY = 1
EEU-FR1C471
16VDC 470uF
5 667-EEA-GA1E100H QTY = 1
EEA-GA1E100H
Al Lytic Cap 105C
6 667-EEU-EB1H2R2S QTY = 1
EEU-EB1H2R2S
2.2UF 50V
7 667-EEU-EB1H470S QTY = 1
EEU-EB1H470S
47uF 50V

"Life is tough; it gets tougher if you're STUPID" John Wayne
jetcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #35
jetcobra

MCARD from FIOS

As I stated above my premium channels were not working and I could not get the MCARD to validate properly so they are sending a new MCARD.

More specifically I cannot receive either HBO or CineMax, but can get Showtime, Movie Channel and Starz so the latter must not have the copy protect flag.

I will update when I get the new MCARD - they are mailing to me via UPS and the FIOS Tech Rep told me that it should automatically pair and validate when physically installed.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #36
caughey

Thanks for the cap info. I can't get to my TiVoHD to check the PS part number, but I'll keep it for future reference.

I hope your new card solves the problem, but I'll be stunned if it automatically pairs and validates itself when it's installed. That would be revolutionary. It took three tries last time to get them to pair it correctly, and that was only after I used chat to make sure they could see the numbers correctly, and used the "manually validate" magic words. If you do have to call back in, try that and maybe it will make life a little easier.

As you said, HBO and Cinemax are the only channels (or channel families) that require FiOS to copy protect (set the CCI byte = 0x02), meaning those channels require the card to be paired before you can view them. I suppose it's possible your current card is damaged in such a way that it can't be paired, but it's far more likely that either the numbers aren't being entered correctly or that the FiOS tech isn't pushing the right button.
caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #37
jetcobra

Quote:
As I stated above my premium channels were not working and I could not get the MCARD to validate properly so they are sending a new MCARD.

More specifically I cannot receive either HBO or CineMax, but can get Showtime, Movie Channel and Starz so the latter must not have the copy protect flag.

I will update when I get the new MCARD - they are mailing to me via UPS and the FIOS Tech Rep told me that it should automatically pair and validate when physically installed.

Thanks
Well got the new MCARD and installed it and had to call to get it paired. They tried everything again and could not get HBO/CINEMAX to work - no matter what they tried including manual activation and removing the TIVO from my account and reinserting it. I then asked them to send out a tech this weekend.

Just on lark I used Unitron's suggestion and froze the original 1TB HDD that had failed and used WINMFS to backup the original image. Should I try to install this image on my 2TB instead of the one I am using (it came from one of my other TIVOHD's)?

Anything else I should try??

Old 02-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #38
jmbach

Look at this CableCARD trouble shooting page on TiVo http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2569 as it has great info on what the values mean when trying to pair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #39
jetcobra

Success!!!

Fourth time is a charm! Finally got a FIOS Rep that understood what to do and he got my MCARD validated properly so HBO/CINEMAX is back on.