TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #31
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
The two men - I figured either one or both her brothers. Maybe one a brother and one a friend.
I hope they aren't both her brothers, didn't one of them call her his lover?

Last edited by zordude : 02-10-2014 at 09:25 AM.
zordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #32
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
...I had to laugh at the Herschel and Guv "yes they're really really REALLY dead" cameos.
First thing I thought of was this board! lol
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #33
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I hope they aren't both brothers, didn't one of them call her his lover?
Well those guys could be brothers and one was dating Michonne

Something like that is the vibe I got. Maybe all 3 were friends (no relation for any of them) and Michonne started dating one of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #34
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Back to the original two walker pets....didn't she at one time tell Andrea something like "They were barely human when they were alive"......or something similar?...
Yeah...I certainly remember her saying that. At the time, I took it as they had done something very terrible to her. Interesting that we know now it was a lover and a friend.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #35
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Well those guys could be brothers and one was dating Michonne

Something like that is the vibe I got. Maybe all 3 were friends (no relation for any of them) and Michonne started dating one of them.
Corrected my post, i meant HER brothers (replying to betts)
Old 02-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #36
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Corrected my post, i meant HER brothers (replying to betts)
LOL I forgot the Lover thing for a minute. Bet one was Lover and one was Brother. Lover may even be friend of Brother and then started Loving some Michonne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

Carl is getting a little less annoying but I have to admit I was kinda hoping that those 3 Zs would kill him.

Really glad to see that they've decided to make Michonne a real human being. She's always been one of my favorites, but I hated that she was soo one dimensional. I really enjoyed the dream/flashback.

Looks like another good season ahead.

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #38
Test

So from the one guys speech are we to assume he gave up on life and didn't want to see his kid grow up in this world? and he ended him then Michonne ended them?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #39
DeDondeEs

Man eating 112 oz of chocolate pudding after not eating any type of dairy in forever must wreak havoc on your digestive system, moments like that must make you miss indoor plumbing.

Also I didn't get the "it's for you" line. Was it just a joke or was there more subtext to it?
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #40
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Man eating 112 oz of chocolate pudding after not eating any type of dairy in forever must wreak havoc on your digestive system, moments like that must make you miss indoor plumbing.
Yeah, I thought the same thing!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #41
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

Also I didn't get the "it's for you" line. Was it just a joke or was there more subtext to it?
Isn't he surrounded by empty houses? You get one flush in each one, so you can use each bathroom twice
Old 02-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #42
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
...I was pretty powerful to see Michonne break down a little when she saw Rick and Carl. Probably the first emotion other than anger we have seen from her.
We actually saw her smile a few times in the first half of this season, so she's shown more emotion (outside anger) this season than ever before...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #43
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Regarding who the original "pets" are...I usually don't watch Talking Dead, but I did last night and
Spoiler:
I believe they confirmed that Michonne's two original "pets" were her lover and his friend...

And I think a boy's plumbing can better handle 100+ oz of pudding that an older man...

XL4
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #44
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:

I think Michonne has bonded with Carl more than most of the others. There was an earlier episode where the two of them and Rick went into a town to check something out. Michonne went into a building crawling with walkers to get Carl something he wanted (was it the family picture Rick, Lori and Carl?)
Old 02-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #45
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
I think Michonne has bonded with Carl more than most of the others. There was an earlier episode where the two of them and Rick went into a town to check something out. Michonne went into a building crawling with walkers to get Carl something he wanted (was it the family picture Rick, Lori and Carl?)
Just jogged my memory there, she brought him some comic books

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #46
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

My thought was just who HAS a 112 oz can of pudding in their house? That seems the kind of thing you see at a school or church.

Actually those wouldn't be a bad place to scavenge.

Were they coming into a town? The houses looked like the suburbs of a small town with Main street and such further up the road.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #47
DeDondeEs

Quote:
My thought was just who HAS a 112 oz can of pudding in their house? That seems the kind of thing you see at a school or church.
Whoever it was they didn't' want anyone else to have it because they put it way up on top of the kitchen cabinets. That would be interesting to see if sales of giant cans of pudding increase at Costco in the next few days.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #48
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Whoever it was they didn't want anyone else to have it because they put it way up on top of the kitchen cabinets. That would be interesting to see if sales of giant cans of pudding increase at Costco in the next few days.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #49
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
True. Maybe the previous occupants of the house had scavenged the pudding from some such place and brought it back to the house. They never got a chance to eat it before they.......?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #50
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Back to the original two walker pets....didn't she at one time tell Andrea something like "They were barely human when they were alive"......or something similar?

For some reason I thought they were maybe her brothers.

That is what made me think she knew the two guys. I didn't think they were her brothers though.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #51
Beryl

Quote:

Yes, it was the "Clear" episode when Carl shot Morgan.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #52
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
That is what made me think she knew the two guys. I didn't think they were her brothers though.
I'm honestly not sure why I thought that. After seeing this episode, my assumption was clearly wrong.

Now I'm very interested in hearing the rest of the story. This was her boyfriend and father of her child. What in the world did he do that would cause her to say that he deserved what he got? Did it have something to do with the child?

I'm sure they will explore that story line farther into the season and I will be looking forward to getting the answers. She has become my favorite character and I'll be glad to get a little of her backstory.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #53
Tsiehta

I don't know, you all seem to be rather forgiving of this episode and the continuation of the horrible Carl story line and stupidity. Where was he leading the two Walkers? Why didn't he look behind him?

Essentially all that for Rick to admit Carl is now a man? They could have made that leap in 10 minutes, and then spent the rest of the time exploring Michonne's story line, which was far more interesting. But no, just more Carl ineptitude.

What a sad way to limp back into the 2nd part of the season.
Tsiehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #54
DUSlider

I was yelling at the TV when Carl was leading the walkers, while walking backwards, not watching where he was going. Common Carl, you know the walkers are there, they are going to chase after you while you are in their sight until they get you and you can move faster than them by walking quickly or jogging. They aren't going to try and flank you or go some other route. Turn the heck around and watch where you're going.....
DUSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #55
cheesesteak
Meh.

I've been a big Carl supporter all along but I hope there's not another 30 minute Carlcentric segment any time soon. I ffwd through a good bit of Michonne and Carl's Excellent Adventures when they were just wandering.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #56
MacThor
Not Pictured

Carl must have gotten the "watch where you're going" gene from Lori.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsiehta View Post
I don't know, you all seem to be rather forgiving of this episode and the continuation of the horrible Carl story line and stupidity. Where was he leading the two Walkers? Why didn't he look behind him?...
He WAS continually looking back as often as he could while leading the walkers (have you ever tried walking backwards for a long time?); I specifically noted how often he WAS checking behind him. However, how a walker could "sneak" up on him without him seeing it during one of his periodic "backward checks" is beyond me...

XL4
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #58
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Yeah, he was looking behind pretty constantly, so I'm not sure what you guys were watching. He probably should have turned around and walked forward while occasionally looking backward to make sure they were following him, but either way he's going to be walking/not looking for at least a bit.

They made it "plausible" (barely) that a walker could still sneak up on him by having him change direction and head into the wooded area, and have the walker come out of some brush.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #59
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
They made it "plausible" (barely) that a walker could still sneak up on him by having him change direction and head into the wooded area, and have the walker come out of some brush.
Right. That was an improvement over many of the "walker magically appears" scenes they have done in the past.

But I agree with others that Carl was unbelievably stupid. He should have been jogging away from them quickly, then occasionally stopping and looking back to let them catch up. And certainly not approached any blind corners, risking getting surrounded.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #60
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Yeah, he was looking behind pretty constantly, so I'm not sure what you guys were watching. He probably should have turned around and walked forward while occasionally looking backward to make sure they were following him, but either way he's going to be walking/not looking for at least a bit.
He was having too much fun taunting the Walkers.

In the world he lives in, though, it really doesn't matter how much he looks around. Time and time again, we've seen zombies appear out of nowhere to attack Our Heroes, even when a long shot a moment earlier showed nothing around. If it's time for them to be attacked, no amount of vigilance will protect them.

If I were on this show and they suddenly went from a long shot of me in the middle of an empty field to a close-up, I'd be terrified of teleporting zombies.