TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #31
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJL View Post
He gave a nice behind the scenes look into the show and described one occasion while he was on set, but not on camera I believe, where he mistakenly sent Rush's radio show to his iPhone speaker rather than the headphones or something similar. He said Timothy Olyphant teased him about it a bit.
Now I'm certain that the scene was written as in joke ball busting to Nick.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #32
DavidJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
You're probably right, though it may have been Nick coming through with his earlier claim of getting Rush on the show. My memory was off on a couple of details, it was apparently during a scene Art was in.

SEARCY: Well, I have to tell you one story, though, 'cause you made an appearance on the set of Justified one day. We were doing a scene, Tim Olyphant and I, and I had my phone in my pocket. And of course, like every decent American, I have the Rush 24/7 app on my iPhone so that I can listen to you. As I was walking through the office during the scene, somehow my pants brushed up against the wrong button on the iPhone and your voice started playing during the scene.

RUSH: Oh no!

SEARCY: During the scene. Right in the middle.

RUSH: Oh, no, and they cut it out?

SEARCY: Well, chaos kind of erupted. Everybody's going, "What's that? What's that?"

RUSH: (laughing)

SEARCY: And Tim Olyphant goes, "Oh, my God. Now we've got Rush Limbaugh on the show."

RUSH: (laughing)

SEARCY: And I turned to him and I said, "Wait a minute. How do you know what Rush Limbaugh sounds like? You only heard about five words out of his mouth. Are you a listener?" (laughing) And he wouldn't answer me.

RUSH: That's hilarious.

SEARCY: But it was great.

Full interview here with spoilers for previous seasons:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...y_of_justified
DavidJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #33
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Art has threatened Raylan many times. Givens has caused him as much trouble as he's done him good. Maybe next week will prove me wrong, but I think Art was quite prepared to throw the book at Raylan if Raylan's involvement had come out. Picker lied because Raylan threatened him into it.
I don't agree. Definitely Ralyan is often a big pain for Art and he has to kick Raylan's butt, but he really likes Raylan and there's no way he'd grass him out for something like that, especially given the circumstances (where they were threatening Raylan's family).

I think the showdown in the diner was actually intended to make this even more clear, as Art won't take any crap from Marcos, just like Raylan wouldn't have. And Duffy's comment was something like that's how marshals down here are--again putting Art and Raylan in the same category.

I do not think Art is so enthralled with Raylan that he wants Raylan to take his job though: that would be a disaster for everyone (and I doubt Raylan wants the job either). Art thinks of Raylan like a little brother, almost, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
If you'd seen the previews,
I usually do but somehow I missed them this week :-/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Heh, that's how out of touch I was; I thought you were talking about this Rush and I was very confused.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #34
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Nick Searcy's Acting School

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #35
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I don't agree. Definitely Ralyan is often a big pain for Art and he has to kick Raylan's butt, but he really likes Raylan and there's no way he'd grass him out for something like that, especially given the circumstances (where they were threatening Raylan's family).
It's a pile-on!

To be clear, what I meant was that Art would go after Raylan if he had to, not that he wants to. I think he does like Raylan personally. He's also frustrated with Raylan professionally, not only because Raylan is all too willing to ignore the rules in doing his job, but -- and this is key -- because Raylan puts Art's career at risk in doing so. Art has complained about that very thing before. If Raylan is implicated in Nicky's death, Art has to investigate him, or he becomes part of a cover-up himself. This is what I meant about throwing the book at him. He doesn't want to do that, but he will. So Art is mad at Raylan not only for continually breaking rules, but for the position it puts Art in when Raylan does it.

(Regarding the "threatening Raylan's family" part, remember how that episode went down. After Raylan saved Winona, he demanded that Art put him on the case. Art refused, in no uncertain terms, and told Raylan if he went anywhere near it, Art would have his badge.)
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #36
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
What led Art to Detroit was the tip from the FBI that a fed was at the Nicky hit, knowing that Raylan was off duty and nearby at the time.
Yes, most definitely. The main reason for the trip, for sure.

But I think Theo Tonin is "the one that got away" for Art, and any chance to know or ask anything at all about Theo is something he'd do. Chasing down any lead about anything to do with Theo could lead him to Theo, and while he certainly has interest in any FBI/Marshall involvement in Nicki's death, he might also think it could help get him closer to Theo.

Just my personal thought. I could be wrong.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #37
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Art likes Rush.

Man, I lost a little love for Art. Oh well, more room for Raylan man-crush.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #38
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
It's a pile-on!

To be clear, what I meant was that Art would go after Raylan if he had to, not that he wants to. I think he does like Raylan personally. He's also frustrated with Raylan professionally, not only because Raylan is all too willing to ignore the rules in doing his job, but -- and this is key -- because Raylan puts Art's career at risk in doing so. Art has complained about that very thing before. If Raylan is implicated in Nicky's death, Art has to investigate him, or he becomes part of a cover-up himself. This is what I meant about throwing the book at him. He doesn't want to do that, but he will. So Art is mad at Raylan not only for continually breaking rules, but for the position it puts Art in when Raylan does it.

(Regarding the "threatening Raylan's family" part, remember how that episode went down. After Raylan saved Winona, he demanded that Art put him on the case. Art refused, in no uncertain terms, and told Raylan if he went anywhere near it, Art would have his badge.)
Well said. Art especially and Rachel as well are constantly dumping on Raylan (Wonder Boy she calls him) and even Tim gets condescending at times. If Art had to appoint his successor from within, it would be Rachel.

Raylan's behavior earns all the dissing he gets. A fun part of the show having all the sub characters dump on the "star".
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #39
spartanstew
Thanks 4 the Update

I think Art's relationship with Raylan is similar to Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey's. Neither Art, nor Peter fully trust Raylan or Neal.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #40
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
I looked. Alan Tudyk's name is not in the credits?
He's credited under the name Wray Nerely