Originally Posted by ggieseke
You could also just use DvrBARS to make a truncated backup of the original drive. It only takes a few minutes.
The resulting image file should only be about 2GB or less, which will fit on a DVD or $5 flash drive and you can use the 2TB for something else.
That sounds like a better/much faster way to do the backup.
So as I understand it, I would:
1. Hookup original Tivo drive to my XP computer (via Sata>USB adaptor for simplicity).
2. Launch DvrBARS and run "truncated backup".
3. Shut down computer, reboot with new 2TB blank drive hooked up.
4. Launch DvrBARS and run "Quick restore" to the new drive.
5. Shut down computer and boot to JMFS CD
6. Run "expand drive"
7. Test drive in Tivo.