TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #61
SergeKnight

Arrow Motorola/GI DCT2000 weirdness

Heres the problem.. have went thru the ENTIRE ir code list for the motorola box, but i'm in kind of a pickle. In a 3 digit channel, the very first digit will be dropped with 100% certainty. But, if the enter key option is turned off, you can see the cable box getting the numbers entered, but the change will not go thru, it just bounces back to wherever it was before. This happens on every single GI/Motorola code And the 2-3 digit options had no effect.

Also, whether i use one or both ir blasters has no effect either.

This particular box is a GI Dct2000 with no serial port. I have a true motorola branded dct2000 with the serial port in another room, have yet to try it, maybe that will work?

(Moot point: tivo didn't come with the serial cord )

Any ideas you can come up with on this one? From what i hear, these particular boxes are just plain EVIL to set up.

Thanks in advance, and pardon any newbiness
SergeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:12 AM   #62
ccwf
国際化 Member

Start by swapping your cable boxes to see if that helps.

As for the serial cable, the TiVo is supposed to come with one. If yours didn't, I would complain. If all else fails, you can buy one from the TiVo store. Serial cables also come with some digital cameras, PDAs, calculators, and so forth that can be used, often in conjunction with a null modem adapter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:13 PM   #63
ilemme

Philips DSX5500

Thank you for your incredible amount of work in compiling and maintaining this list. I have purchased a DirecTV system w/ the Philips DSX5500 receivers. I already have a standalone Philips 14 hour TIVO. I was dismayed to find that they may not be compatible.

However, when I contacted TIVO support, they told me that these receivers would work if they were firmware version ML3 or greater. ML1 or ML2 would not work.

Has anyone heard this... can anyone confirm this? This system isn't being installed until Dec. 26, so there is still time for me to return it (to Best Buy) and exchange for an RCA system, but I like the Philips receivers better.

thanks.
ilemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #64
ccwf
国際化 Member

This is the first I've heard about a possible compatible firmware revision for the DSX5500 receiver. I added your info to the DSX5500 entry. If anyone can verify whether or not this new information is true, please let me know.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-15-2003, 07:20 PM   #65
TiVoBill

I just wanted to let everybody know that our engineers put in some long hours to make us compatible with the newer versions of Philips' DSX5500 & 5540 models. IR codes 10064 & 10065 are now available but will only work properly if the Enter Key is set to "Yes".

We believe that these codes are compatible with ML-3 hardware versions and above because they carry the newer firmware versions from the factory (to fix a problem Philips acknowledged). Older hardware versions of these models (ML-1 & 2) are very reliable IF they can get the newer firmware, but we do not currently know of any way for a customer to get the newer firmware remotely.
TiVoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #66
Alcatraz
Occasionally Helpful

I have a friend with Motorola's DSR470. He had to reset the cable box's IR address to get it to work right.

Press Menu, choose Options.
Choose option 6 (Change System Settings)
Choose option 3 (Installation Settings)
Choose option 2 (Set Remote Control Address)
Press & hold the "CBL" key on remote until light flashes
Enter 3 zeroes and the light should flash rapidly
Press Enter to confirm the new address
Old 12-17-2003, 05:57 AM   #67
moreygee

HDR112 > Pioneer BDV1100 questions

Greetings to all. I'm a total newbie when it comes to cable box hook-up so please forgive my seeming ignorance. I have an OLD HDR112 Tivo that I've been using for 3+ years without a cable converter. The other day, I picked up a Pioneer BDV1100 from Time-Warner to add digital cable to the household. I gather I can NOT use the serial control port from what I've gleaned from this thread (GREAT thread), and I see that the correct codes would be the Scientific Atlanta 00018-FAST set-up. I want to know if I can come out of the S-Video output on the Pioneer to go into the HDR112 or if I must use the RF in. Will the Tivo recognize signal coming in from the "S" input? Also, I guess I have to go through System Setup all over again to change from Cable, no box, to Cable, with box...?
Thanks in advance for everyone's help and patience and best regards.
Morey G.
moreygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:49 PM   #68
ccwf
国際化 Member

Yes, TiVo has an S-Video input port and can be told to accept S-Video input. With most cable/satellite boxes, S-Video input produces the best results.

As you surmised, it is necessary to repeat guided setup to switch to a cable box configuration when previously using TiVo w/o one.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-22-2003, 04:49 PM   #69
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Sony DHG-M55CB

The Sony DHG-M55CB cable box works fine with IR, code 10050-Medium, no Enter. It may also work with a direct connection between the IR Out jack on the TiVo and the "IR Receiver" jack on the cable box, if it's like Sony CTRL-S inputs. This would mean a cable with a 1/8" mono phone plug on each end - Radio Shack sells these. I did not have an opportunity to try this.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:37 PM   #70
MNBVCXZ

Has anyone ever tried to use a cable box called Regulator and if so, what code works for it?
MNBVCXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:32 PM   #71
Gene S

Every time I read this thread I get more and more worried.
I got my sister and her family a Tivo that should be arriving tomorrow.
After reading this thread I asked what cable box they had, she said its a GI and from the pictures from the link off of this thread it looks like a DCT2000.
Does every single person have problem with these boxes or is it just some "lucky" few?
They live in a different state than me so I can't set it up for them, and they aren't the kind of people who will go through all the hassles of all the different steps it takes to correct controlling their box.. (serial, different IR codes, Y/N enter button, and forget about building a fort!)

Please tell me this is just a case of "You only hear about the complaints, because if it works, no one posts."

Gene
Gene S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:10 AM   #72
bicker
Gruff

For a variety of reasons, I had four or five of these boxes in my house over the course of a week, and was able to see just how much the specific box itself has to do with these issues. Maybe its age or wear and tear, but different DCT2000s from the same cable company have different channel changing performance characteristics.

bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:11 AM   #73
bicker
Gruff

For a variety of reasons, I had four or five of these boxes in my house over the course of a week, and was able to see just how much the specific box itself has to do with these issues. Maybe its age or wear and tear, but different DCT2000s from the same cable company have different channel changing performance characteristics.

bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #74
CrashMeister

Old System: Original Tivo and Dish (Phillips) 2700 receiver.

We must of recently gotten a software upgrade on the 2700. Currently 795. When trying to set IR codes, 10011 does not feature in the list. I have 00075, 10038, 10043, 10064 and 10065. It was set to 10038-Meduim (I think). Now it's dropping digits.

Ideas ?

Thanks,
Craig.
CrashMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #75
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashMeister
We must of recently gotten a software upgrade on the 2700. Currently 795.
Yes, this info is already in the EchoStar Model 2700 entry.
Quote:
When trying to set IR codes, 10011 does not feature in the list.
Even under EchoStar?

TiVo

中日韓
Old 01-15-2004, 09:22 AM   #76
CrashMeister

Quote:
Originally posted by ccwf
Yes, this info is already in the EchoStar Model 2700 entry. Even under EchoStar?
Just checked. It's a Philips box, model 2700 receiving Dishnet satellite. Tivo is set to Philips, and 10043; Fast; No Enter Reqd. It works well except for 4 digit numbers. I just changed the Tivo received channels to switch from the 8300 series to the local numbers (2, 5, etc.). This should improve the reliability.

Thanks,
Craig.
CrashMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:14 PM   #77
dshay

--- error in human making post...

Last edited by dshay : 01-17-2004 at 08:27 PM.
dshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:53 PM   #78
wscannell

Philips DSX5353 - I use code 10038 Medium. It is difficult to tell where the IR receiveris on this box. I use both IR emitters placed at either end of the "Digital Multi-Satellite Receiver" label on the box. This works most of the time. It does have occasional misses of one number.
wscannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #79
spoilage

channel changing reliability

thank you very much forthe direction ! I have a Scientific Atlanta 8610 and now understand that the strength of the IR signal could be a fact or in the reliability of changing the channels correctly ! Before your rply, I had not thought aboutthat as possibly being a problem. I am also going to try other codes in setup to see if one works better than another. I hppe I can find a solution since I hate missing all these shows that I ask TiVo to get for me.

I have TiVo only about three months (System 2 ...4.0 software)

Thanks again !
spoilage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #80
jgreg5

Thumbs up General Instrument CFT2200

After 100's of trys I finally got

clearview 10019 med

to work great!!!
jgreg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:00 AM   #81
ccwf
国際化 Member

Figured out why the link to Girder wasn't working and fixed it. For those with boxes or lineups not supported by TiVo, Girder is a program which, when used with the appropriate add-on or bundled hardware, can be programmed to output learned IR in response to IR sent to it. For example, I believe I have read of 4DTV+TiVo owners programming Girder to receive Scientific Atlantic/DirecTV/DISH remote codes for channel changes (from the TiVo) and in turn send out remapped 4DTV channel changes.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 02-15-2004, 06:23 AM   #82
Peterod

Dish 322 workaround confimed to work again.
Peterod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #83
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

This is interesting and if someone can tell me why this IS working I am curious.

Today, I set up an upgraded Tivo (Philips HDR112 w/120 GB drive) for my brother. He has Comcast digital cable and uses the Motorola DCT-2224 tuner box.

On the back of the cable box, it has a serial connection (15-pin?) and a microphone pin sized jack that has "IR" above it. Seeing that the Tivo also of course has two jacks this size on the back (one for Serial and one for IR), I figured no harm in connecting the IR ports of both boxes together with a simple monoural microphone cable.

During the Tivo guided setup, this cable worked successfully in changing channels using the 0093-Fast code. The Tivo channels key in first and then the cable box a second later.

The really interesting part is, I removed the cable from the back of the two boxes (not connected to either), didn't change anything else in the setup, and the channel changing STILL works flawlessly in the same manner as before! Why is this? Did I miss the reason in another thread? I am of course only using the Series 1 peanut remote for changing channels. I thought maybe somehow the peanut had the code for the cable box and sent it to them simultaneously, but there is still that second or two delay where the Tivo keys in first and then the cable box after.

How is this working? IR talking through the boxes somehow in the back?

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #84
scottjamez

Re: General Instrument CFT2200

I was having an issue getting the number 6 to be sent to my cable box, General Instruments 2200. These are the settings that made things work fine.

Philips HDR112
General Instruments 2200 Analog Cable Box

Settings for Cable Box Ir:
two digit
"Yes" to use enter
Code 10040-Fast

~ Henry Ford
scottjamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:53 PM   #85
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dmk1974
I removed the cable from the back of the two boxes (not connected to either) [].

How is this working? IR talking through the boxes somehow in the back?
The eye in the middle of the front panel of Philips Series 1 TiVo (and most other Series 1's) is a powerful IR emitter.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 02-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #86
Peterod

As a side note to the 322 workaround. The 322 has two tuners. Setting up the timer of tuner one will only reset TV1. You need to setup a timer for tuner two (TV2) if you have a Replay and a Tivo setup with the 322 like I do. Resetting one will not reset the other.
Peterod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:45 AM   #87
emathieu

Re: Re: General Instrument CFT2200

Quote:
Originally posted by scottjamez
I was having an issue getting the number 6 to be sent to my cable box, General Instruments 2200. These are the settings that made things work fine.

Philips HDR112
General Instruments 2200 Analog Cable Box

Settings for Cable Box Ir:
two digit
"Yes" to use enter
Code 10040-Fast

Okay, now this is interesting... I am having the exact same problem on my Philips Series 1 all of a sudden - the number 6 will NOT be sent to my digital cable box, and this just started happening. I have tried two different IR emitters, and am now using serial control, and nothing with a "6" in it is sent. Did something change recently that we don't know about? I thought there was no more updates for Series 1? Something is definitely funny here...

I was researching this problem when I stumbled across your post. Anyone else have this problem?!
emathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #88
ccwf
国際化 Member

From the first post in this thread:
Quote:
6's in channel changes may stop working after a cable box firmware update.
See that post for detailed instructions.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 02-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #89
emathieu

Thanks, I guess when I was searching I somehow jumped straight to this last page. I'll check it out.

Thanks again!
emathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:26 PM   #90
Subbacultcha

i3 Micro Cable Box

Help!

Just convinced the wife to ditch Adelphia for a new cable startup in our town, Oxford Networks, and now our TiVo wont change channels.

After three calls to TiVo customer service, they basically told me I was out of luck... Anybody know the codes for this box:

Marketed by "Myrio" (their logo is on the remote), and manufactured by i3 Micro of Sweden. Tiny little silver unit with a large opaque blue plastic swath across the front, no clock or channel indicator, just 3 really bright blue lights...

Do I need some kind of euro code, or perhaps a different freq. ir flasher?

TiVo suggested codes from Scientific Atlanta, General instruments, and Next Level Communications, none worked...

Thanks for looking,
Subbacultcha
Subbacultcha is offline   Reply With Quote