PDA

View Full Version : Hell On Wheels S01E4 Jamais Je Ne T'oublierai OAD 11/27/11

tiams
11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Naked Swede scrubbing the floor????

fmowry
11-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Yeah, WTF was that? His character really bothers me, but I think that's a good thing. I was pretty tired when I watched this and might have to revisit, but what is the girl who survived the Indians end game with the railroad? What was she looking for in the main office when she got walked in on by the head honcho?

HIHZia
11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
This is all wild speculation on my part, but I think she is looking for evidence that Durant hired the indians to massacre the surveying party as a means to get the maps and drum up support for sending troops to help him control things.

dtle
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
First of all, this was a weak episode, too much filler. The whole Irish brothers thing is non-sense (unless this is the beginning to them setting up a Cabaret show).

It's not entertaining to have the main protagonist being drunken and useless for almost the whole show.

As for Lily, I'm thinking she's just withholding out the maps because she wants the surveying job, even though it's already "done".

tiams
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
The whole Irish brothers thing is non-sense (unless this is the beginning to them setting up a Cabaret show).

When they were selling "peeps" at the women bathing I thought they should pay the women and start a "Live Naked ladies" show.

Rob Helmerichs
11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
It's not entertaining to have the main protagonist being drunken and useless for almost the whole show.
Worst. Foreman. Ever.

john4200
11-29-2011, 08:01 PM
As for Lily, I'm thinking she's just withholding out the maps because she wants the surveying job, even though it's already "done".

It seemed like she may have buried the maps in her husband's grave. Or near one of the graves.

I don't think she just wants the job. She probably shares her late husband's idealism and wants to see the railroad built, but does not want to see the government scammed in the process.

TAsunder
11-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Worst. Foreman. Ever.

Well, at least he saved that one guy when stuff blowed up real good. And one could argue that giving Ferguson some authority is a pretty smart move.

EvilMidniteBombr
12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Is it just me or does Elam really seem to be pushing the social boundaries of that time period? I'm thinking that if he had actually acted like that, he would have been "put back in his place" by the white man. I mean, last week he was walking around outside the cut acting like he was foreman. All the times he walks right up to Bohanan like they're best buds. Walking right into the whorehouse. Stuff like that. I'm all for a strong character, but I don't think he would have been allowed to do stuff like that. Especially so soon after the Civil War.

cheesesteak
12-04-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm finally caught up. This has become a show that I now look forward to but I have to agree that Bohannon is a terrible foreman. He's either drunk or missing.

The Irish guys should have struck a peep show deal with the whores.

Elam's "buddy-ness" with Bohannon does seem like a bit of a stretch.