PDA

View Full Version : Castle Season 4 Premiere 9/19/11 "Rise"

jlb
09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
I thought this episode was great for so many reasons. I need to review my thoughts before I can get them down succinctly.

I thought the acting was really good. I like where things are going to go.....

Just in case anyone is interested, I downloaded the sample from "Heat Rises" to my Kindle. The following is the Dedication that was mentioned but not revealed in the episode:

To Captain Roy Montgomery, NYPD.
He made a stand and taught me all I
need to know
about bravery and character.

And the trekker in me loved seeing Michael Dorn!

Rob Helmerichs
09-20-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm not so sure I like where things are going to go...they've fallen into the common trap of a hit show with great chemistry between the leads, where they either have to pull the trigger or keep coming up with ways to keep them apart. Obviously they're going the latter route, but I HATE when they do that...it always ends up seeming contrived sooner rather than later, and sooner seems to be coming. That is, it already feels like the characters are acting in ways designed by the writers to keep them apart instead of how the characters would behave.

I hope they can pull it off, but last night seemed very awkward and contrived....that aspect of it, that is.

jlb
09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Point well noted. I guess I should have provided more about potential versus can they pull it off. But I love the characters enough that I think it will work no matter how they go with it......

Rob Helmerichs
09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
But I love the characters enough that I think it will work no matter how they go with it......
They do have quite the advantage in that regard!

lew
09-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm not so sure I like where things are going to go...they've fallen into the common trap of a hit show with great chemistry between the leads, where they either have to pull the trigger or keep coming up with ways to keep them apart. Obviously they're going the latter route, but I HATE when they do that...it always ends up seeming contrived sooner rather than later, and sooner seems to be coming. That is, it already feels like the characters are acting in ways designed by the writers to keep them apart instead of how the characters would behave.

I hope they can pull it off, but last night seemed very awkward and contrived....that aspect of it, that is.

The one armed killer wasn't found until the end of the last episode. The leads in JAG spoiler tags for the nazis didn't get together until the end of the last episode. Unfortunately this may be the way Castle is going.

Castle doesn't have an ensemble cast. The life expectancy of these kinds of shows, even hit shows, seems to be 5-7 years. The expected run of the show, best scenario, is reaching the halfway point.

JMO, Castle is a significantly better show then Chuck. It might be a bad example...Chuck did a good job pacing the growth of the relationship between the stars. Castle uses the summer break as an opportunity to put a break between the stars. Cools off the relationship and lets them re-boot it the following season.

ADG
09-20-2011, 10:15 AM
where they either have to pull the trigger or keep coming up with ways to keep them apart. Obviously they're going the latter route,.

Based on a write-up in TV Guide this week, that's not necessarily the case.

LoadStar
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
And (although this may be a mild spoiler, I don't care) Andrew Marlowe has said several times that he intends to get them together, and he doesn't want to drag it out too long. Now, one might argue that he already has, but that's a matter of opinion.

That said, I think we're rapidly reaching the breaking point of "will they or won't they." I think now that Castle has allowed himself to say those three words to Beckett, and with the audience knowing that she heard him say them, I think they'll almost have to progress the relationship in the next season or so.

jlb
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Unless of course they move the Island.....

Oh shoot....wrong show.

jlb
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
I think they need to work in a blooper line from season 3 in....check out the 2:25 mark....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNee8BQ3lXU

Ereth
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
I thought it was slow, uninteresting and predictable.

I was very disappointed. The whole show just seemed flat, like they were going through the motions without actually having any of the magic of the previous season.

Honora
09-20-2011, 11:46 AM
And (although this may be a mild spoiler, I don't care) Andrew Marlowe has said several times that he intends to get them together, and he doesn't want to drag it out too long. Now, one might argue that he already has, but that's a matter of opinion.

That said, I think we're rapidly reaching the breaking point of "will they or won't they." I think now that Castle has allowed himself to say those three words to Beckett, and with the audience knowing that she heard him say them, I think they'll almost have to progress the relationship in the next season or so.

Beckett told Castle about "the wall" inside her, which keeps her from having the kind of relationship she wants. The unspoken part was "with him". That's why she's seeing Doctor Worf. She's trying to break down the wall so they can have the relationship that they both obviously want.

murgatroyd
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Castle doesn't have an ensemble cast.

:confused:

Rob Helmerichs
09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
:confused:
Yeah, that was a pretty bizarre interpretation of the show...

lew
09-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Poor choice of wording. Shows like ER and L&O were able to maintain longevity by "freshening" up the cast. ER lasted for years after George left. Years after Noah left. Castle has two stars and a supporting cast. I question if Castle could continue without Nathan and Stana.

john4200
09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
I was very disappointed. The whole show just seemed flat, like they were going through the motions without actually having any of the magic of the previous season.

I thought it was more heavy-handed than in the past. The new boss is a caricature -- egotistical, poor-people skills, incompetent. I expect they plan to develop her a little to show that she is nice on the inside or something similarly cliched.

Also, after Beckett sent Castle away out of the hospital room, I thought there was a pretty good chance that she was lying about not remembering, but I was not sure, and it seemed like that subtle point would develop over several episodes. Instead, they beat us over the head with it at the end.

Worst of all is the continuing thing about "protecting" Beckett by not telling her about the person or people who are out to get her. That was bad last season, and worse this season. It reminds me of how TV cops are so quick to give up their weapons when a bad guy takes a hostage. Stupid. Anyone evil enough to threaten someone's life as a hostage cannot be trusted. No one with any sense makes a deal with a person like that.

Ereth
09-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Also, after Beckett sent Castle away out of the hospital room, I thought there was a pretty good chance that she was lying about not remembering, but I was not sure, and it seemed like that subtle point would develop over several episodes. Instead, they beat us over the head with it at the end.

Stana Katic is an excellent actress. Watch the scene on the swing again. When she tells Castle that "it wasn't enough" she gives him a look, she's waiting for him. But he is looking away and doesn't see it.

That was confirmation for me that she remembered. The scene with the Psychiatrist was too heavy handed for my tastes.

Amnesia
09-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but anyone else catch the Mal-ism at about 37 minutes in?
Castle: Kate, I saw you. When you saw that gun you froze.
Beckett: It's nothing.
Castle: Your hand was shaking---that's not nothing.

That line instantly reminded be of Firefly and sure enough at the end of the episode "Serenity", Mal is talking to Simon and says:

Mal: I don't know how bright you are, top three percent, but you ain't weak and that's not nothing.

mattack
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
And the trekker in me loved seeing Michael Dorn!

...you're forgetting Penny Johnson. (OK, I had to just look her up, but I recognized her as Sisko's girfriend->wife immediately.)

I thought it was VERY obvious from the beginning that she was faking that she didn't hear Castle say he loved her.

I like this show, but it goes along a lot like Monk or the Dead Zone.. really slow, not much happens, fairly obvious plots for the most part.

laria
09-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I have watched enough soap operas and dramas to have expected that whole scenario where she claims to not remember what happen when she really does before he even entered the hospital room. :)

I found the whole segue from him getting the phone call from the guy who got Montgomery's package to him telling his mother that he needs to keep Kate out of it really weird. We had to go back and make sure we didn't fast forward too far and miss a scene.

Idearat
09-21-2011, 01:15 AM
I found the whole segue from him getting the phone call from the guy who got Montgomery's package to him telling his mother that he needs to keep Kate out of it really weird. We had to go back and make sure we didn't fast forward too far and miss a scene.

I backed up also, thinking my mind had wandered and missed something. They seemed to just jump ahead, figuring we knew how the scene would have happened.

loubob57
09-21-2011, 07:05 AM
When they said where she was shot and then showed the sniper rifle, well in real life you're not surviving. But since this is TV ...

alyssa
09-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but anyone else catch the Mal-ism at about 37 minutes in?
Castle: Kate, I saw you. When you saw that gun you froze.
Beckett: It's nothing.
Castle: Your hand was shaking---that's not nothing.

That line instantly reminded be of Firefly and sure enough at the end of the episode "Serenity", Mal is talking to Simon and says:

Mal: I don't know how bright you are, top three percent, but you ain't weak and that's not nothing.

:up:
I thought the same thing
iirc, Nathan is allowed to take some liberties with the script- unlike with the Joss scripts

BeanMeScot
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
:up:
I thought the same thing
iirc, Nathan is allowed to take some liberties with the script- unlike with the Joss scripts

Funny, I saw James Marsters (Spike on Buffy) at Dragoncon a couple of weeks ago and he said they would have to reshoot a scene if they had the comma in the wrong place. :D

I thought it was quite stupid in the show that a few hours after they opened her chest and punctured her pericardium that she was talking to her boyfriend and Castle and wide awake. :rolleyes:

Jon J
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I just downloaded the new Heat Rises from BN. Will be an interesting read this weekend.

Will they try to humanize the new captain?

laria
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Will they try to humanize the new captain?

I doubt it. Mrs. President Palmer is good at playing a b***h. :)

Jon J
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Mrs. President Palmer is good at playing a b***h. :)Not sure who that is but Captain Sir is definitely a hardass. ;)

laria
09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Not sure who that is but Captain Sir is definitely a hardass. ;)

She played Dennis Haysbert's wife on 24, and she was quite a piece of work. :)

Rob Helmerichs
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Funny, I saw James Marsters (Spike on Buffy) at Dragoncon a couple of weeks ago and he said they would have to reshoot a scene if they had the comma in the wrong place. :D
James Marsters was on Castle?

Or did you reverse Alyssa's remark in your brain?

LoadStar
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Her comment was an anecdote that expanded on Alyssa's comment, "unlike with the Joss scripts."

BeanMeScot
09-21-2011, 10:35 AM

No, I was just commenting on how Joss won't let you change lines. This supports that. He won't even let you change a comma!

dcheesi
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Anyone else thinking the "friend" is actually the bad guy being blackmailed?

I don't like the whole "keep her safe by not telling her" angle --it's got to end badly one way or another.

When they said where she was shot and then showed the sniper rifle, well in real life you're not surviving. But since this is TV ...Because of the precision, or the power/ammo type? The former can be hand-waved away because Castle tackled her just as she was shot, possibly moving her just enough to miss the heart. The latter I don't know enough about to comment.

Jon J
09-21-2011, 12:36 PM
She played Dennis Haysbert's wife on 24...Explains my ignorance. I never saw an episode.

LoadStar
09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
She played Dennis Haysbert's wife on 24, and she was quite a piece of work. :)

She also played Captain Kasidy Yates on DS9 as well. (Where, coincidentally enough, she probably worked a bit with Michael Dorn who also appeared in this episode.)

lew
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
When they said where she was shot and then showed the sniper rifle, well in real life you're not surviving. But since this is TV ...

Do you think a sniper would be able to shoot a cop, in a cemetery filled with cops, and leave without getting caught. This is TV.

In the context of the show Castle saw the sniper just before the sniper fired and pushed Kate to the ground. Consequently the bullet didn't hit her heart dead center.

Castle is great entertainment but has nothing to do with real life. An article said the only way a writer would be present in an interrogation room would be if he was the person being interrogated.

Castle, like many TV shows, can't be enjoyed by people who insist on a reality check.

loubob57
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Do you think a sniper would be able to shoot a cop, in a cemetery filled with cops, and leave without getting caught. This is TV.

In the context of the show Castle saw the sniper just before the sniper fired and pushed Kate to the ground. Consequently the bullet didn't hit her heart dead center.

Castle is great entertainment but has nothing to do with real life. An article said the only way a writer would be present in an interrogation room would be if he was the person being interrogated.

Castle, like many TV shows, can't be enjoyed by people who insist on a reality check.

The amount of energy imparted by a high velocity rifle bullet that close to the heart/aorta is gonna royally mess them up even if it doesn't go directly through them. They said it nicked the ventricle IIRC. But as I said, this is TV. ;)

I don't let it bother me too much though.

ClutchBrake
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Jesus that was awful. Awful on pretty much every level.

The new captain is exactly the caricature I told my wife she would be at the end of last season. Yup, I knew that was what they were going to do, and it would suck.

So disappointed.

SNJpage1
09-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I hope the new boss gets better chemistry in the next showing. I think they could do away with her altogether and the show would be better. If they need a boss then let him/her talk over the phone.

mattack
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
She also played Captain Kasidy Yates on DS9 as well. (Where, coincidentally enough, she probably worked a bit with Michael Dorn who also appeared in this episode.)

..which I mentioned last night!

LoadStar
09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
I don't have a problem with the new captain. I don't think she's a "caricature," and I find her backstory (coming out of Internal Affairs) believable enough. She's also been on screen maybe 3-4 minutes, so I think it's rather early to draw any kind of conclusion about what kind of chemistry she'll have with the rest of the cast.

Even if she has zero chemistry, I don't think it affects the series all that much... the show is primarily Castle and Beckett, then Castle's family and Esposito/Ryan... the captain is at best a tertiary character on the show.

murgatroyd
09-21-2011, 10:56 PM

There are book industry howlers as well.

Castle signs the front covers of his books? Weird.

busyba
09-21-2011, 11:57 PM
No, I was just commenting on how Joss won't let you change lines. This supports that. He won't even let you change a comma!

JMS was the same way with B5.

busyba
09-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought it was interesting that included in the package that Captain Deadguy sent to that other guy was a picture of the Fire Inspector who wrote the report on the warehouse fire that destroyed the records they were looking for.

loubob57
09-22-2011, 06:57 AM
There are book industry howlers as well.

Castle signs the front covers of his books? Weird.

I also thought that was weird.

Frylock
09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I just want the Mother storyline to end. I don't care anymore who killed her mother. It is beginning to feel like they can't come up with anything better as a season cliffhanger, so they trot it out at the end of the season, and then sweep it under the rug at the beginning of the next. End it already!

Amnesia
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
She also played Captain Kasidy Yates on DS9 as well.(Where, coincidentally enough, female officers are also usually called "sir".)

Jeff_in_Bklyn
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I just don't get the point of the whole boy friend in the operating room deal, what was the point? Ok he should not work on her because he is the boy friend so there is this whole get out of here when the other doctor shows up. Then BOOM he is off the show, she broke up with him. Made that whole scene and even why he was brought back for the 1st show moot. Could have been done without him.

loubob57
09-22-2011, 09:33 AM
If we're picking apart the reality here's a good question. Why in Hell would you have a sniper shoot Kate at a funeral full of cops? Why not take her out when she goes to the grocery store? You'd even have the opportunity to do a double-tap to be sure. But then the show would be over I guess. :p

eddyj
09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
If we're picking apart the reality here's a good question. Why in Hell would you have a sniper shoot Kate at a funeral full of cops? Why not take her out when she goes to the grocery store? You'd even have the opportunity to do a double-tap to be sure. But then the show would be over I guess. :p
To send a message, or course!

No idea what the message is, though. :p

Rob Helmerichs
09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
To send a message, or course!

No idea what the message is, though. :p
"We need higher ratings"

laria
09-22-2011, 11:11 AM
The point I was trying to make is that she was a super b***h on 24, just like they are making her out here. :)

Agatha Mystery
09-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Sniper rifles have a serious range. There's a reason why the person could get away.

As far as why Castle was signing the book jacket - cheaper. The art department could just make up a bunch of covers, so they could film him signing them over and over, instead of having to waste a bunch of books. It lowers the cost. :)

They're going to have Kate find out that Castle was keeping the phone conversation from her (in order to keep her safe) just as they start getting together again, thereby pushing a wedge between them, yet again. It's contrived.

I also found it a bit out of character for Castle's daughter to be so upset with him about Kate. He's put himself into dangerous situations lots of times, that she's aware of, and she hadn't gotten this upset about it.

Amnesia
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I also found it a bit out of character for Castle's daughter to be so upset with him about Kate. He's put himself into dangerous situations lots of times, that she's aware of, and she hadn't gotten this upset about it.It's one thing to be aware that he's been in dangerous situations---it's another to have someone you know about gunned down right in front of you. It probably caused her to reassess things...

turbo84gn
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Didn't anyone else think that Nathan put on a few pounds? His face looks heavier.

Rob Helmerichs
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I think he's been fairly steadily putting on pounds for years now...

Graymalkin
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I think Nathan is following in Alec Baldwin's footsteps. But he's so charming he can get away with it.

Oh, and I read "Heat Rises" on the Kindle. Yeah, the ending must've been tough for Castle to write. More than that, I shall not say. :)

alyssa
09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
JMS was the same way with B5.

If we get B5 or Firefly out of it, more power too them (Joss & JMS).

tlc
09-25-2011, 02:41 PM
As far as why Castle was signing the book jacket - cheaper. The art department could just make up a bunch of covers, so they could film him signing them over and over, instead of having to waste a bunch of books. It lowers the cost. :)
I think it's product placement. Keep the cover on the screen longer.

Didn't anyone else think that Nathan put on a few pounds? His face looks heavier. Yes.

Jonathan_S
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Depends on how far back he was shooting from. From inside the cemetery his chances of getting caught are pretty high. (Although a quick exist in a car you're planning to ditch within minutes might work)
But a skilled sharpshooter from some high point a 1/2 mile away? He'd be long gone before they could even begin to narrow down where the shot might have come from.

IDSmoker
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Beckett told Castle about "the wall" inside her, which keeps her from having the kind of relationship she wants. The unspoken part was "with him". That's why she's seeing Doctor Worf. She's trying to break down the wall so they can have the relationship that they both obviously want.I'm thinking she'll have her "break through", as a result of the therapy (or the revelation about the 'friend' that Castle is keeping from her), sometime this season. The break through will finally lead to them hooking up, and eventually settling into a 'relationship' (after the obligatory, hilarious, morning-after scene).

Of course, once they do get together, they'll have to hide the relationship from the new 'by the books' boss. After all, cops who date aren't allowed to work together. Hiding the relationship will then replace the 'will they/won't they' tension on the show.

john4200
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Of course, once they do get together, they'll have to hide the relationship from the new 'by the books' boss. After all, cops who date aren't allowed to work together. Hiding the relationship will then replace the 'will they/won't they' tension on the show.

That will certainly increase the cliche factor. I hope the writers find something more original.

By the way, does anyone know whether these sorts of no-sex rules actually exist, and are actually enforced, in real police stations?

It seems a worthless rule. It cannot just be "no dating" since then you need to define dating as something different than going out for lunch or drinks with your friend, which would be a nearly impossible distinction to make, I think. So "no sex" could be a well-defined rule, but to what purpose? It is quite possible for two people to have a very close but platonic relationship, while others may have a sexual relationship that is not very close. Is one pair going to make better police officers than the other? I don't think so.

Alfer
11-29-2011, 05:04 PM
No idea where to put this but I have to ask.

Why the hell do they have Kate sporting the hair bun hair style now??

Looks too homely!

LoadStar
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
No idea where to put this but I have to ask.

Why the hell do they have Kate sporting the hair bun hair style now??

Looks too homely!

Can't say I really paid any attention until you pointed it out.

I have two theories. My first is that someone considered her a little to "glamorous" looking to be a down and dirty police detective, and they wanted to dress her down just a touch.

The other theory is that it is coupled with her current storyline involving her recovering psychologically from being shot, and that the hairstyle is one of those things that is supposed to represent her being a little more repressed right now.

Either way, I think she's still a very attractive individual, regardless of what hairstyle she has. :)

Agatha Mystery
11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
She has to wear the bun when she's in official uniform, I'm sure. Beyond that, I'd expect her to change her hair style off and on. I just don't understand the whole being a cop in high heels. That makes no sense at all.

wprager
11-30-2011, 06:23 AM
That will certainly increase the cliche factor. I hope the writers find something more original.

By the way, does anyone know whether these sorts of no-sex rules actually exist, and are actually enforced, in real police stations?

It seems a worthless rule. It cannot just be "no dating" since then you need to define dating as something different than going out for lunch or drinks with your friend, which would be a nearly impossible distinction to make, I think. So "no sex" could be a well-defined rule, but to what purpose? It is quite possible for two people to have a very close but platonic relationship, while others may have a sexual relationship that is not very close. Is one pair going to make better police officers than the other? I don't think so.

Umm, Clinton may disagree.

LoadStar
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
She has to wear the bun when she's in official uniform, I'm sure. Beyond that, I'd expect her to change her hair style off and on. I just don't understand the whole being a cop in high heels. That makes no sense at all.

Eh, I'm sure there are some ladies that won't wear shoes without heels, regardless of how impractical they may be for the task.

eddyj
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Eh, I'm sure there are some ladies that won't wear shoes without heels, regardless of how impractical they may be for the task.

Inconceivable! You must be making that up!

Rob Helmerichs
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Inconceivable! You must be making that up!
You keep using that word...

RandomTask
12-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Can't say I really paid any attention until you pointed it out.

I have two theories. My first is that someone considered her a little to "glamorous" looking to be a down and dirty police detective, and they wanted to dress her down just a touch.

The other theory is that it is coupled with her current storyline involving her recovering psychologically from being shot, and that the hairstyle is one of those things that is supposed to represent her being a little more repressed right now.

Either way, I think she's still a very attractive individual, regardless of what hairstyle she has. :)

I finally watched last weeks episode and that's my take as well. Just another visual clue to show how depressed and stressed she is. The old chestnut where they stop caring about their appearance.... TV shows are nothing if not predictable.

Honora
12-01-2011, 03:56 PM

I used to know a woman who had worn heels for so long that she had to wear heels all the time. Her leg muscles & tendons were so tight that she couldn't flatten her foot. You might call it a Barbie foot syndrome.

scooterboy
12-02-2011, 10:08 AM

I used to know a woman who had worn heels for so long that she had to wear heels all the time. Her leg muscles & tendons were so tight that she couldn't flatten her foot. You might call it a Barbie foot syndrome.

Why women put themselves through that is one of the many many things I'll never understand about them. I can get no explanation from my wife, as she agrees with me about this particular topic. :)

Agatha Mystery
12-02-2011, 04:26 PM

I used to work with a woman like that as well. She was able to go barefoot at home, but she didn't stay on her feet.

However, I imagine that a cop wouldn't be able to chase down suspects properly in a pair of high heels. I just don't believe it. I also don't believe that her supervisor would allow it, either.

laria
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
However, I imagine that a cop wouldn't be able to chase down suspects properly in a pair of high heels. I just don't believe it.
Me either... and especially not in the hooker heels that Beckett wears. :)

Rob Helmerichs
12-03-2011, 06:13 AM
That's always been a complaint of mine about television...professional women often dress like hookers. (Usually, but not always, high-end hookers.) And are treated as professional women.

RandomTask
12-03-2011, 06:50 AM
That's always been a complaint of mine about television...professional women often dress like hookers. (Usually, but not always, high-end hookers.) And are treated as professional women.

Too true. If women showed as much cleavage in my office as women on tv do, they be sent home. Of course, they don't look like woman on tv either so there are two reasons not to dress that way. Still, it is tv and I enjoy looking at pretty women so I'm not complaining.

Rob Helmerichs
12-03-2011, 07:19 AM
The same is true in comic books, only more so. I remember the huge internet uproar when John Cassaday started drawing the X-Men, and drew Kitty Pryde (a 20-year-old college student) as a 20-year-old college student, instead of a 30-year-old streetwalker. Outrageous! How dare he!