PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Kitchen - 9/19/11

bryhamm
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Can't complain over the final 2 or the winner.

Elise actually redeemed herself ... just barely.

justen_m
09-19-2011, 10:39 PM
I was surprised Paul won. I expected Will to win, but as Ramsey said to him right before they walked down the stairs at the end, "tonight wasn't your best service." Perhaps Ramsey actually did judge the winner based on the final service.

I agree about Elise. She was tolerable this episode... all two hours of her. What was it Ramsey said to her at the very end, as the credits were rolling? "Don't be such a bitch?" All the short scenes during the closing credits were a hoot.

The cook-off where they prepared 5 dishes in an hour... god, can things get any more scripted? Was there any doubt it would be tied 2-2 and decided by the last dish?

Cragmyre
09-19-2011, 11:56 PM

The cook-off where they prepared 5 dishes in an hour... god, can things get any more scripted? Was there any doubt it would be tied 2-2 and decided by the last dish?

Agreed! As if they weren't going to give the president of BLT a chance to appear.

Kamakzie
09-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Elise actually was a big factor in Paul winning... shocking!

jeepair
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
I would have gone with Will as he, from what I've seen, was the more accomplished Chef. Loved how he said, watch this, when he picked Krupa. LOL.

Either choice was a win though. Good luck to the both of them.

jlb
09-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Elise actually was a big factor in Paul winning... shocking!

But the kudos, or cohones, go to Paul for recognizing what Elise could bring to the table and cast aside her attitude. Also have to give him credit for "handling" her in such a way to not have her melt down during service. THAT is what gave Elise the platform for taking over stations and knocking it out of the park.

That Don Guy
09-20-2011, 08:16 AM
When was the last time on either HK or Masterchef when it didn't turn out this way?

I was surprised Paul won. I expected Will to win, but as Ramsey said to him right before they walked down the stairs at the end, "tonight wasn't your best service." Perhaps Ramsey actually did judge the winner based on the final service.
I would have gone with Will as he, from what I've seen, was the more accomplished Chef.
Why would Gordon change the way he picks the winner now? In the past, it has always been something along the lines of the chef he thought had the most potential.

pmyers
09-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I was a little surprised that Will didn't win, but perhaps Will doesn't have "it" that allows him to inspire and motivate a brigade.

sharkster
09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
On my TV, Paul DID win. What am I missing here? I was kind of rooting for Will, but was happy for either one. I was just ECSTATIC (!!) that Elise got the ax in hour #1.

It was pretty clear which two should have been axed in the first hour and if something different happened I wasn't even going to watch the second hour. Ok, maybe I was but all I wanted was for Elise NOT to win.

Cragmyre
09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I was a little surprised that Paul didn't win, but perhaps Paul doesn't have "it" that allows him to inspire and motivate a brigade.

I assume you mean Will?

pmyers
09-20-2011, 02:32 PM
woops...sorry.

BTW....I LOVED the clips at the end with Chef zinging the tatoo'ed guy about his girlfriend!

sharkster
09-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that bit at the end was pretty cool. He was telling Elise that she should stop being such a b!tch. lmao

brettatk
09-21-2011, 06:49 AM
I was hoping Will would have won. Paul tends to get a little emotional at times which I think could negatively impact his performance. Although that is what it looks like Ramsey liked most about Paul. I'm just glad it came down to those two. Nobody else deserved a shot.

I know why Will did it but his biggest mistake was picking Frupa over Carrie. It totally backfired and I think might have kept him from winning. Anyone who can get Carrie and Elise to work together deserves to win. If I was Will I wouldn't have waited so long to pull Frupa from fish.

bryhamm
09-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I was hoping Will would have won. Paul tends to get a little emotional at times which I think could negatively impact his performance. Although that is what it looks like Ramsey liked most about Paul. I'm just glad it came down to those two. Nobody else deserved a shot.

I know why Will did it but his biggest mistake was picking Frupa over Carrie. It totally backfired and I think might have kept him from winning. Anyone who can get Carrie and Elise to work together deserves to win. If I was Will I wouldn't have waited so long to pull Frupa from fish.

As soon as Paul chose Elise, I turned to my wife and said "Will is gonna make sure that Carrie is the last pick so she ends up on Paul's team". Then, just before they started the service, I turned to my wife again and said "This could backfire if Paul is able to get these two to work together".

I don't know that Paul actually DID anything to get them to work together or whether they just squashed things themselves.

Ment
09-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't know that Paul actually DID anything to get them to work together or whether they just squashed things themselves.

They both cried at Paul's 'Do it for moms' speech and squashed it. Elise will be a good chef once she gets more experience working with other people and expands her culinary base. She is already pretty good under pressure which is the main thing Ramsey presses.

Mr Flippant
09-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I know why Will did it but his biggest mistake was picking Frupa over Carrie. It totally backfired and I think might have kept him from winning. Anyone who can get Carrie and Elise to work together deserves to win. If I was Will I wouldn't have waited so long to pull Frupa from fish.Will biggest mistake was not picking her, his biggest mistake was not having someone step up to cover for her. Paul had a bad draw with the guy on steaks but he used Elise to step up and take over. Actually more than once. When things went south Paul reacted Will just stood there watching the train wreck and being miserable. That is why Will lost.

Jesda
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Elise has a local reputation for being stubborn and hard to work with.

VegasVic
10-04-2011, 08:30 AM
That's shocking ;)

bryhamm
10-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Elise has a local reputation for being stubborn and hard to work with.

She's from the St Louis area?

Jesda
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
She's from the St Louis area?

No, Pittsburgh. Local to her, not to me. :)

rberry88
10-05-2011, 07:46 AM
<-- would let Elizabeth cook him dinner anytime :D

mattack
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
For some reason, Hells Kitchen is rerunning Saturdays at 11pm.

harrydd
10-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Normally i watch hells kitchen show in online,my favorite episode is season 3 episode 5 In a seven remaining chefs must purchase prepare food far a wedding reception...............i never forget this show

............................................................ .......

harrydd
10-06-2011, 02:57 AM

Normally i watch hells kitchen show in online,my favorite episode is season 3 episode 5 In a seven remaining chefs must purchase prepare food for a wedding reception...............i never forget this show

............................................................ .......